[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does WWE regret ending the streak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: John vs Taker.png (426KB, 720x1227px) Image search: [Google]
John vs Taker.png
426KB, 720x1227px
Does WWE regret ending the streak?
>>
probably, taker told them it was probably his last match, yet 2015 was his most active year in a while

should have ended the streaker putting someone new over

but nope
>>
>>1067195
>should have ended the streaker putting someone new over
This. Bork didn't need it to get over so they effectively pissed away the biggest freebie in the WWE.
>>
The undertaker was knocked out cold and didn't kick out. it was unintentional
>>
>>1067200
If Undertaker had gave them that option they would have just chose Reigns. It's better this way.
>>
>>1067205
>being marky mark in 2016
Its way past your bedtime Dennis
>>
>>1067205
>being this much of a mark
>>
>>1067171
At least they didn't squader it though.

I imagine if a lot of other people did it they would be in midcard hell by now.

Paul talked about the 1 in 21 and 1 for like a year nonstop.
>>
>>1067233
>>1067250
Benchode idiots
>>
>>1067171
Taker himself's wanted the damn thing gone for a decade now.
>>
>>1067171

No.

1. Taker talked about ending the streak many years ago. The first time was Orton's "legend killer" gimmick. But Orton refused, because he didn't feel right about it. They thought about ending it other times, too. Everyone knew it would end someday. Which parlays into...

2. Real men go out on their back. "The Streak" is an asset. They used it to sell many WrestleManias in the past, especially Streak vs Career, and the Triple H matches. It wouldn't have been right for Taker to leave with it - it's better to reinvest it into the business. Taker knows his days are limited, and it's better to give that back now while he still can. If he's 80 years old and gets beat, who cares. It probably should have ended when he was younger, but he's still young enough for it to be worthy.
>Taker cares enough about the business to reinvest the prestige he's developed

3. It really helped Brock get over. Being the "one in 21-1" (although Punk is also a "1" in "21") has been used to build him up a lot. I just wish they'd gotten Brock to be more than a part-timer. But then again, all their full timers suck...
>>
>>1067195

this is the only issue I have with it

would have been better to have Bray beat him, and go into a full-time push. The only problem is that they don't have much new talent to push. The current product is pretty shitty, and while I don't think Bork needed it, there weren't many others to give it to.
>>
It was a terrible decision to give it to a part-timer.
Could have been used to build a younger talent in Taker's legitimate retirement match.
>>
>>1067416
Considering how WWE handles their young talent nowadays, that rub would've been long wasted before even the following WrestleMania.
>>
>>1067413
>3. It really helped Brock get over.

The fuck is this bullshit.

Brock has been over since he came back in 2014 and had a kick-ass series of matches against Punk and Cena. He didn't need the streak. Brock also debuted at the same time as Cena- Brock's as much of a big deal as Cena or Batista was in his prime.

Taker was all about having the streak ending, and he probably was fine with having Brock do it since Taker has always respected Brock. But it was still a shit end for no real purpose.

>b-but Haymen
Haymen can sell anything. He can sell fucking Reigns as a legitimate threat. Heyman's voice is magnificent and can make wrestling miracles. It doesn't excuse that Brock didn't need to be the one to break the streak.
>>
File: Me So Full Must Finish.jpg (34KB, 560x395px) Image search: [Google]
Me So Full Must Finish.jpg
34KB, 560x395px
>>1067477
Hey a fellow Dangerously fan! "Su-plex city!" "My client Baroque Leznur!" that's funny! Nothing better than watching Paul E. and eating burgers. Sorry man, I would've bought one for you, but this is the last one. Yum yum yum.
>>
>>1067416
Bray would've taken over as the new top spooky guy but they felt that he'd be better off having a 0-2 record at WM.
>>
They should.
It was the dumbest thing ever done in the history of professional wrestling. ( and yes I know that is an exceedingly tall and serious order but I stand by it 100%)
>>
File: 1452291060091.jpg (58KB, 1029x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452291060091.jpg
58KB, 1029x640px
>it should have been an up and comer instead of Lesnar!

Who could they even have picked that wouldn't have pissed everyone off? Brock was literally the safest bet.
>>
I've always said it should have been aj styles that did it. Otherwise just don't bother. You don't need to build brock he's fucking money on his own. Aj is a deserving guy, basically held the only competition for for wwe on his shoulders for years. Obviously they don't build stars they kill them in the wwe, but it'd have made him a top dog. Anyone else doing it and it'd fail to hold some legitimacy.
>>
>>1067575
Quit being a fucking mark.
>>
File: Me No Drummer But Eat Drumstick.jpg (105KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Me No Drummer But Eat Drumstick.jpg
105KB, 640x360px
>>1067622
Allen deserved the "rub" (inside term) - I am in concordance. Since it's Thanksgiving, let's give thanks that the former IWGP (what's that?) champion is in Vince Jr.'s fed. Yum this turkey is so good guys!
>>
File: 1450735693769.jpg (190KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1450735693769.jpg
190KB, 2048x1536px
>>1067622
>>
Should've given it to Seth.

Can you imagine how much fucking heat he would've gotten?
>>
Better than giving it to Roman.
>>
>>1067682

You're pretty hung up on one person m8
>>
Brock didn't "need" the Streak but they never would've booked him the way they did Summerslam through Mania if they hadn't given it to him. Yes, the thinking behind it is dumb but that's the fact of the matter.

Before that was having even matches with CM Punk and losing to le big nose burying man at Mania.
>>
>>1067712

Pretty unremarkable opinion
>>
I doubt they regret ending the streak. The hype around it and the run Brock went on was money for them and the biggest thing that's happened in WWE for years. Brock didn't need it to get over (he was already over) but it was the massive hook of this run so it did its job.
>>
The Undertaker got a concussion from that F5. He didn't get his hands up in time. Remember he was looking like shit by then really unhealthy and this clusterfuck happened.
>>
>>1067171
It should have been Bray who broke it.
>>
Randy should have ended years ago famalam
>>
>>1067776
Wouldn't have stopped him from turning into the most boring wrestler on the planet
>>
>>1067771
i agree. but he would have went back to jobbing anyhow. they would have to pull the trigger on bray after breaking the streak. and we know that aint happening while trying to get roman over
>>
>>1067622
Nah Styles is a manlet.

Bork its at least credible enough to beat Taker.

>>1067666
Another no credible guy to beat Taker.
>>
Considering how badly they've fucked up the booking for everyone, in hindsight it was stupid.
>>
>>1067622
>a 5'8" manlet beating the Undertaker
wew lad
>>
>>1067622
>deserving guy
No. It's scripted. Nobody *deserves* anything.
>>
>>1067483

Responds to a legitimate, well-thought out post with this garbage.

Please leave.
>>
>>1068138
He's another new epic gimmick poster. Get used to it. They're an infestation on this board that isn't going away.
>>
>>1067171
Taker wanted to end the streak back when he was feuding with legend killer Orton. Streaks are made to be broken in that kind of business. The only regret they should have is giving it to a part-timer. Brock is beast though and was one of the very few that looked legit breaking it.
>>
>>1067477
Heyman is great for covering guys with poor mic skills. Hence why he works best with Brock.

He's very much a heel manager though, so I guess maybe that's why they never teamed him up with Reigns. They should though. They should give a shot at the very least. It's not like anything else is working.
>>
>>1067770
Another mark. The streak was planned to end. Taker did get a genuine concussion in the match, but he got it early on, hence why he was so sluggish and why the actual match was so shit.
>>
>>1067770
Agree.
>>
>>1067770
This.
>>
>>1067171
Should have given it to Punk at 30, it wouldn't have been a rub off on new talent but it would have been one of the best Wrestlemania's ever.
>>
>>1067262
Yeah, takers an old skool boy and wanted to give that push to new talent.

Instead they gave the push to "old" new talent.

... which is a shame, but at least they didn't give it to fucking Roman Reigns. He'd be getting boo'd more then he already is.
>>
>>1067171
Letting Lesnar end the streak really had no importance or made him look better. He is already a beast and 2016 so far hasn't really done anything for him.

Even worse was how fucking bad and forgetful the match was. Nothing really stood out apart from the finish of course.

Takers match at WM31 suffered because their was no real importance to it either. Since it was 21-1 and him winning was just kinda "eh okay that happened"
>>
>>1067251
True. And it is a worthy accolade in Lesnar's career that will be mentioned alongside his MMA foray and world title wins decades down the line, probably even in his obituary.
>>
>>1067477
True they didn't need to end the streak to get Brock over, but he was stagnant as fuck prior to it. No one cared. He barely beat a 200 pound skinnyfat crybaby with the help of his fat Jew and HHH went over him clean as a whistle in a feud no one gave a fuck about. He needed some sort of rocket up his ass to get people interested again.

>>1067413
Surprised Orton was so modest as to decline the offer. From all accounts he was a massive cocky prick back then.
>>
>>1067477
>Brock has been over since he came back in 2014

>being this new
>not knowing "over" has degrees

It's like saying "Austin was over in WCW as the Hollywood Blondes - he didn't need the Austin 3:16 gimmick to get over"

Brock will always be over if he's kicking someone's ass, because it's fun to watch him kill people. That's why triple threats are good for him - he can take turns killing each of them, and then the finish can be 2on1 if they want him to lose

But a character is all about building it. Brock can be over by kicking ass, or Brock can be more over by kicking ass and ending the streak. It will get him MORE over

>>1068364
makes some good points. not to mention "Triple H beat the guy who beat the Undertaker's streak." That's probably as close as Triple H could get to beating it himself, since he'd get a shitton of backlash if he'd ended it himself

Unrelated comment: I miss the Backlash PPV following WrestleMania :-\
>>
>>1068364
He was stagnant because of Cena and Jewnose. Undertaker's streak literally went at the hands of HHH, since his wins over Lesnar were the only reason it happened.
>>
>>1067483
I thought this was Kevin Owens for a moment lol
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.