[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is Hogan so overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: hulk-hogan-pastamania.jpg (142KB, 1200x1319px) Image search: [Google]
hulk-hogan-pastamania.jpg
142KB, 1200x1319px
why is Hogan so overrated?
>>
i wasn't alive when hogan was running wild, but after watching alot of the old stuff.

Macho man was way cooler
>>
>>1050019
I'd have to agree with this
>>
>>1049965
Nigger detected
>>
>>1049965
He's under-rated by today's smarks.

1. He was the first long-term WWF Champion whose reign was about gradual story-telling that's memorable in its own right instead of just trying to have as many crowds as possible.

2. He changed the entire world and Hulkamania will live forever. There isn't a single person living or dead in any sport whose accomplishments resemble his. He helped get America through the Cold War by supporting national morale.

3. Everything he does is legendary. He brought more revolutions - glorious ones - to wrestling than Napoleon brought to France. And each time, he succeeded more than anyone expected.

4. He is the main example of a wrestler who isn't motivated by greed or pride, but just telling the truth. Even when he lies, he tells the truth.

5. He's the man. The man with the Midas Touch. A spider's touch. Such a cold finger. It beckons you to enter his web of patriotism... so go join in. Red and yellow words he will pour in your ear. But his pythons prove what you fear. For a CM Punk fanboy knows when he's body slammed - it's the body slam of brothers, from Mr. Hulk Hogan.

6. When he was starting out, he was fighting guys like Andre the Giant. He is the reason you people watch wrestling, believe in wrestling, and love wresting.

7. Rising up back on the street. Did his time, took his chances. Went the distance, now he's back on his feet, just a man and his will to survive. So many times, it happens too fast. You trade your passion for glory. Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep them alive. It's the eye of the tiger, it's the dream of the fight: rising up to the challenge of our rival! And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night, and he's watching us all in the eye... of the tiger.

8. Face to face, out in the heat. Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry. They stack the odds, still we take to the street, for the kill, with the skill to survive. It's the eye of the tiger
>>
>>1050044
Please tell me you're trollin
>>
>>1050019

I was a kid when it was happening.

Never met an actual Hogan mark, all my friends in school were mainly into Ultimate Warrior, Sting, and Macho Man.
>>
>>1050209
Everyone I knew liked Ultimate Warrior too.
>>
>>1050209
The only person i knew who liked Hulk hogan was my dad, but he and me are the only ones who likes watching wrestling
>>
Hogan isn't even in the top 5 for the Hogan era tier list desu
>>
>>1050044
Almost dropped this essay at #3 but #4 was just too obvious
>>
File: giant.png (291KB, 490x572px) Image search: [Google]
giant.png
291KB, 490x572px
>>
>>1050044
Post all your Hulk Hogan merch
>>
File: hero heads.png (279KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
hero heads.png
279KB, 500x252px
>>1050338
>>
Remember that starrcade when hogan was supposed to beat sting on a fast count before commissioner Bret hart came out and restarted the match but hogan told the ref to count slow so even though hogan would go on to lose he wanted it to appear he beat sting and was the one who got screwed?

He's a pretty cool guy and not a cunt at all
>>
>>1050577
Been watching wcw stuff on the network since all the nwo stuff was before my time and just got to that the other day and was wondering what was going on. Was kind of funny watching the announcers keep trying to play it off as though it were a fast count for a couple weeks.
>>
>>1049965
I'm so glad Foreman got the grill
>>
File: 1304463107602.jpg (28KB, 404x267px) Image search: [Google]
1304463107602.jpg
28KB, 404x267px
ITT
>>
>>1050044

Vince pls go.
>>
He's underrated if anything. Very few people mastered the art of working a crowd the way he did.

Unforunately he's always been a pathological liar with an ego the size of the silverdome.
>>
>>1051288
*superdome
>>
File: 1455495568288.jpg (6KB, 232x230px) Image search: [Google]
1455495568288.jpg
6KB, 232x230px
Hogan is a dick. He refused losing to fucking anybody

he's not even a good wrestler. Fucking leg drop? really?
>>
>>1051730
>leg drop
I always wondered about this too. He always talked about his pythons so it would make sense if his finish had something to do with his arms. I've seen some videos of him wrestling in Japan and used a clothesline as his finish he should have just stuck to that.
>>
>>1049965
He was the John Cena of the '80s.

I don't think he was popular at the time, just pushed really hard, like Cena.
>>
>>1051890

>I don't think he was popular at the time

....come the FUCK on, now.

I don't know why people like to act like Hogan wasn't a charisma machine. There were only a few wrestlers of his size who could pull off his gimmick the way he did. The way he's worked the crowd over the years is incredible.

Hogan had the right combination of charisma, mic skills, likeability, muscles and strength. He was entertaining as hell if you weren't one of those wrestling purists who hated his in-ring routine

Seriously....just because the guy's an asshole in real life, is no reason for us to try to rewrite history and act like he wasn't one of the best entertainers in the industry

And yes....part of his assholery was using backstage pull to keep himself up over others....but unlike certain big-nosed, daughter-of-the-boss-banging people, the crowd actually WANTED him as the top guy (for the most part). The guy stole Wrestlemania cheers from The Rock as a heel, for fuck's sake
>>
File: mmm.jpg (37KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
37KB, 320x400px
>>1051925
Stone Cold was better
>>
>>1051925
Calm down Terry
>>
I started watching wrestling shortly after hogan won the wwf title from the sheik . He was over as fuck...you can't even comprehend how over if you weren't a fan at the time. I don't see why the beetles were so popular because I wasn't alive then but Hogan was a household name. Put his Name on a card and people bought tickets. Him,savage and the tag division at that time was probably the best all around talent ever (granted Austin and company probably we an equal but they we being edgy)
>>
>>1051929

Never said he wasn't
>>
Who? I've never heard of him… Who is him?
>>
>>1051228
>>1051730
>>1051890
Without joking and seriously, this is an 18+ website. You stated opinions which practically every adult wrestling fan knows is factually untrue.

>>1051836
He still used a turnbuckle clothesline (I forgot the name) that he supposedly invented there for the rest of his career.
>>
>>1052029
Axe Bomber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgP4qqCmhNM
>>
File: hulkshogun.jpg (403KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
hulkshogun.jpg
403KB, 585x900px
>>1051288
This, Hogan may not have been the best technical wrassler, at times he was barely passable (though if you watch some of his work in Japan you have to wonder if he wasn't told to dumb it down a little in the wwf), but he was a master of ring psychology and could work a crowd, face or heel, as good if not better than anyone.
>>
>>1051730
>he's not even a good wrestler. Fucking leg drop? really?
He' not fucking Jumbo Tsuruta, but dude you need to see more wrestling
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.