[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Female MMA more successful then other Woman's sports?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: fem mma.jpg (32KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
fem mma.jpg
32KB, 630x420px
Why is Female MMA more successful then other Woman's sports?
>>
>>1026324
>>1026324
because its more fun and they got some qt chicks.
>>
Maybe it's because you get the shit kicked out of you if you don't develop at least some skill.
>>
Successful in what regard?
>>
>>1026324
because deep down we want to see girls get beat up
>>
>>1026421
For me, I want to see girls beat up other girls.
>>
>>1026399
People actually talk about it.
>>
>>1026399
people want to watch it, gets coverage, in invictas and UFCs case they get views and money from it.
>>
File: Rousy Seio To Juji.gif (2MB, 350x181px) Image search: [Google]
Rousy Seio To Juji.gif
2MB, 350x181px
Rousey did Women's MMA a favour for gaining popularity.
>>
>>1026474
What's good viewer numbers for an MMA show? 2 million? 3 million?

For comparison, the final of the Women's World Cup in Football drew 26.7 million viewers in the US alone.
>>
>>1026424
This.
>>
>>1026524
>one event every 4 years
>many events through out the year
not the same bro.
>>
>>1026469
>>1026474
Literally the only reason is/was ronda.
>>
>>1026781
Now it's Holm, though. Rousey was just the first one skilled enough to be worth watching.
>>
File: csZHe.gif (2MB, 330x400px) Image search: [Google]
csZHe.gif
2MB, 330x400px
>>1026324

Tennis
>>
Why dont people talk aboot Joanna Jerdycyyk more?
>>
>>1026901
Anna kournikova was far, far hotter.
>>
>>1026324
because it's actually fun to watch?
>>
>>1026707
The world cup final is definitely women's football's marquee event and smaller competitions aren't such big draws. But the same is true of any sports competition. I mean, you can't do a strict comparison because there just aren't that many MMA shows. UFC does about forty shows a year. UEFA does about the same just for the Women's Champion's League, let alone international competition, national club competition, or women's football outside of Europe.

So that's why I think looking at the best these things have ever drawn is a good yardstick. If MMA shows don't ever hit that ten million mark no matter how stacked the card is, then they're just not as popular as women's football.
>>
>>1026785
Rhonda is only worth watching when they put her against no bodies
>>
>>1027752

You got it backward.

Since Ronda was so much better than her competitors she got lazy, didn't devellop enough skills, relied on the same tactics over and over again and so on..

By the way those "nobodies" were still women who were 4-time All-American and National Champion Wrestlers or BJJ black belts. It's just that an an olympic Judoka is a class of it's own.

I'm not even a fan of Ronda, but to make it clear for all the chouch potatoes here: If you are not at least an state level MMA fighter or Judoka, Ronda would have swept the floor with you, unless you had at least 40 lbs weight advantage or something like that. She was very good, technically wise.

Just because the UFC women's league is so much worse than the men's league (which has many reasons, but most of all the much smaller pool of fighters) doesn't mean any fucktard who comes to train MMA could fighte them just because he's a man.

>inb4 hurr, I'd just punch her, I'm at least as good as holm

No, you're not.
>>
>>1027921
> Ronda lost the Eye of The Tiger
>>
>>1027926

Exactly.
>>
>>1027926
>>1027928

holly didnt just beat her; holly fucking broke her
>>
>>1026906
because straw weight
>>
>>1027921
>unless you had at least a 40lbs weight advantage
>ronda rousey is fucking 135lbs

Get the fuck out with this girl power bullshit you fuck. Any high school football player with 0 fight training would literally rape her in a fight

Fucking 2016 millennial feminist cucks you are fucking cancer
>>
>>1027921
Who was the bjj black belt and the 4 time all American?
>>
>>1026781

To laugh at how over hyped she was?

>>1027921

She was never good. She was bad, and her opponents were worse.

Holm is an average fighter and she completely decimated Rhonda. At least Holm deserves some respect. On her feet she is decent from the years of boxing but even Holm is a serious underdog vs. Cyborg level fighters.

>she can beat you up!

Literally retarded. Any trained fighter will be an untrained fighter. Any trained woman would get flashed by an equally trained man. Men have a massive advantage over women and you know nothing about fighting if you believe otherwise.

No one is upset because Rhonda is a woman fighter, it is because she was over hyped as the best and she is no where close.
>>
>>1026524
>>1026954
Female futbol has been around for how long?

Female MMA is less than a decade old
>>
>>1027921
Look at
>>1026506
That is a skinny dude going rag doll for her to do moves.

She barely gets the toss, and the arm bar wasn't quick.

If he was resisting at all
1) she wouldn't have got the toss on that bean pole, just like she couldn't vs holm.
2) he could have recovered for the toss in time to counter the armbar.

Any average male that spent 1 mo training they would destroy her.
>>
File: papa.dana.jpg (134KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
papa.dana.jpg
134KB, 480x360px
>>1026906
People are stupid and really only tune in to watch the hype train.

Joanna is cute and funny in her own way but she's polish and not classically attractive like Ronda is.

It's a damn shame. Joanna Champion is fucking incredible and fierce and she's a fucking wonder to watch.

People want to hate on the strawweight division for reasons I can't comprehend. The female strawweight division is 10x more interesting and exciting than female bantamweight and probably half the male weight classes.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.