[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iguana help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20170913_201539.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170913_201539.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Is it normal for iguanas to barely eat for stretches of time? Mine is about 9 months old, for his first 6-7 minths he was clearing his food every day. For the past two months he has been barely eating. He has about one day a week where his really eats.

He's definitely warm enough, it has been 90-100 degrees here almost everyday. And he doesnt seem scared hes crawling on me like always.

I just want to make sure my little bro is ok.
>>
Iguana help you, but I don't know anything about reptiles :((
>>
>>2480336
I appreciate the pun at least
>>
>>2480335
What's with this place and asking to diagnose their pets based of vague descriptions? Do you like hope that an Iguana expert will happen to see your thread? Take it to a vet ffs, or at least go somewhere else online where people don't indiscriminately shitpost.
>>
>>2480345
I figured I'd ask an animal related question on an animal board, sue me.
>>
>>2480335
Have you tried switching up the diet? Iguanas will get sick of certain food and refuse to eat it, they can be picky
>>
>>2480335
>He has about one day a week where his really eats.

Okay if he's still eating on a regular schedule, in this case once a week, that is still within the realm of normal. It's probably partly because his growth has slowed a bit and partly due to the season. All reptiles tend to eat less leading in to and during the winter months.

Try decreasing the feeding rate to once every second day instead of daily for a while.
>>
>>2480388

Also this is very important. Look up care sheets and try some of the other recommended vegetables you haven't used before.
>>
>>2480388
I havent been i've been doing a mix of mustard greens, collard, bell peppers, and green beans. What would be a good thing to swap that out with?

>>2480396
>Growth slowed
His growth definitely slowed, those first 6-7 months he was constantly shedding, literally. If his top just finished shedding, then his bottom began and vice versa.

>Winter months
This started in the hottest season here though (july-august is when this started). On those "off" days should i still keep a little food out?

>>2480398
Alright, this seems so be mentioned most. I will have to work on this. I just got used to making him the same thing, would weekly rotations work? I usually prepare a few ziploc bags at the start of the week and freeze them, then microwave for that day a portion. He oddly prefers microwaves vegetables over fresh.
>>
>>2480405
mine loved butternut squash and kale, lettuce every once in a while although it doesn't provide much nutrition
>>
>>2480411
Ill have to check my grocery store again. I think i originally wanted to get him butternut squash but they may not have had it. If not, Ill start looking around.
>>
>>2480405
>On those "off" days should i still keep a little food out?

No. No food on off days. The point is to see if feeding response improves on the less frequent feeding schedule. This will not hurt your iguana.
>>
>>2480422
Understood, thanks for the clarification
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.