[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you train a cat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Cat-training.jpg (193KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cat-training.jpg
193KB, 960x720px
Can you train a cat?
>>
>>2476501
Yes, but can you?

Clicker training with food rewards works well with cats. However, you must be intelligent enough to understand how a less intelligent animal learns. You must be very patient, consistent and opportunistic. You cannot make a particular cat do something it would never, ever want to do on its own.
>>
Some guy from /fit/ had his cat climb up and down a tree every day and made a vest with attached weights for him. He also put some protein powder into his food. According to that guy, his cat became visibly more muscular within a few months.
>>
>>2476501
Yes, but not like a dog. Cts are far stupider and mostly react to pain.
>>
>>2476535
>less intelligent
That's funny.
>>
>>2476611
How so? Cats are less intelligent than humans. Generally, the more intelligent (and the less willfully ignorant about anthropomorphising animal intelligences) the human is, the better the trainer. Most cat/human relationships I see involve mutual co-training of behaviors. Sometimes that's pretty funny, especially when the human is distressed about the relationship.
>>
>>2476611
Cats are far less intelligent than humans, dogs, and most other animals.
Intelligence is defined as applying learned knowledge and skills.
We also have instinct to consider.
In animals we define intelligence by the amount of times it takes an animal to learn a particular task. Cats are far below most animals in this.
That's because "domesticated" cats aren't domesticated at all. Within a few month of being outside a cat reverts back to a primitive state, a pig for comparison will turn feral within a few weeks and dogs can go years without reverting back to a feral nature.

This is due to their brain size and how it communicates with the body. A cats brain is almost entirely built for physical stimulation. They are hunters pure and simple.
Dogs have evolved to be multiple things at a time. This stimulation has made their brains larger.

Stay mad cat fags.
>>
>>2476606
did they fuck?
>>
>>2476611
Just because you're dumber than a cat doesn't make everyone else.
>>
>>2476606
Would a SMASHED joke be appropriate here
>>
>>2476606
how can I do this with my dog...? weight pulling?
>>
Once they reach a certain age, no. It's not that they can't learn, they are stubborn and will refuse to.
>>
Yes.

I'm pretty bad with training animals but I managed to teach my Dad's cat how to goalkeep (on a smaller scale, obviously).

I flipped an open box to the side and would just keep rolling her jingly ball toy in there over and over to get her to stop it. Eventually I would set the box up and she would just immediately start doing it.

I think the reason cats don't typically respond to training is because they're still very independent animals not to mention a bit less intelligent than dogs I think.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.