[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1635.jpg (47KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1635.jpg
47KB, 450x300px
Given what we know of domestication patterns and genetic engineerrng, and experiments with Russian foxes in the past, a good marriage of advancing scientific technology and safe exotic pet interests would be to create domestic or pet-safe alternatives to many creatures.

Designer racoons, teddy bears that only get as large as retrievers, etc.

Agree/disagree?
>>
>>2476415
Yeah, can't wait for horrifically crippled 'baby' horses, decorative limbless cats and goldfish without assholes so that the owner doesn't have to clean the tank.
>>
>>2476433
Hey better we make life then take life in to suffer for that ambition.
>>
>>2476497
Because animals gestated in a lab or shat out by genejack factories are worth less than those born innawoods?
>>
>>2476581
No, because they tend to fare better in captivity if raised there.
I raise a lot of fish and they have parallel behavior, captive-raised fish deal with the stress of captivity worlds better than any wild-caught fish. It also saves them the stress of capture and handling
>>
>>2476585
GOD
every time I read about you fish pet owners on this board, I get hit with the realization bat of how it is THE most autistic pet hobby ever.
>>
Agree and disagree. Even if we spend the next few hundred years intensively selectively breeding bears and lions, they will still have the ability to kill people. If dogs can and do it, then they will too. If our cats were bigger, they would kill some people. Raccoons would still be destructive as fuck, need a lot of room and stimulation and get pissy.
>>
>>2476600
Nice try
>>
I'd buy a dog sized bear I don't care about the ethics of it
>>
>>2476600
>I have no way to refute you so I'll just loudly shitpost
turns out the real autist is you
>>
>>2476814
Agree.
Man owns the Earth. We should do whatever the hell we want with other animals. If they dont like it oh well.
>>
>>2476415
neither agree nor disagree.

there is no objective basis for determining what we SHOULD do. It all comes down to personal preference.

I have no preference. I don't care in the slightest one way or the other. I don't think it's "good," or "bad," it's just something people might be able to do if they really wanted to. Like ending world hunger or curing cancer, but without all the benefits to normal human beings. So more like inventing ladyboys with much larger penises, or oreo cookies with septuple stuffing. Something you could do but really nobody cares.
>>
>>2476814
I would buy a normal size bear if I could. Getting mauled to death is worth the years of big fuzzy playtime and everyone dies of cancer in my family anyway so why not?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.