[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... who likes these lil guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

So... who likes these lil guys?
>>
>AAA-TCHOOO!
>sniffle...
>>
>shits on rug
>>
They're really cute but they seem skittish and dumb. They don't seem very interactive at all.
>>
File: guinea pig.jpg (10KB, 236x231px) Image search: [Google]
guinea pig.jpg
10KB, 236x231px
>>2475303
They can be both those things. But if you raise them correctly they can be like puppies - doing tricks, recognizing your voice, cuddling with you, licking your face. It's pretty awesome when you achieve that level of bond.
>>
I'd prefer pretty much any other small mammal. I just think they're kinda lame by comparison.
>>
Cutest pet animal
>>
>>2475308

You'd probably be surprised if you owned one, as long as you did your research on how to care for them and raise them first.
>>
>>2475308
Hamsters seem even worse.
>>
worse than hamsters. they're dumb as fuck
>>
>>2475305
>>2475303
Why are you so obsessed on making every pet as embarrassingly affectionate as dogs? Why can't you just take good care of an animal and be glad it lives its life happily?
>>
>>2475269
They are mixture of cat,dog and roddent.
If they will like you they will follow you and play. I learned aporting 2 of mine
>>
>>2475269
WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK WHEEK

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
>>
>>2475305
How?
Mine are assholes that dont like me.
>>
I love mine but they're really finniky for rodents and need to be handled a ton from a very young age to be sociable, and even then your pig might just be a dick and not like cuddles. I've had three, one liked being handled and was very friendly, one was and is big scaredy cat and the other fill let you pet her but if she gets tired of it will headbutt your hand and walk away. They're like tiny cows.
>>
My schnauzer likes them, if you know what I mean.
>>
File: ImaginaryLivelyCat.webm (514KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
ImaginaryLivelyCat.webm
514KB, 600x338px
They're too cute. I've been waiting to move to a bigger place so I can adopt my own pair.
>>
Fuck, I just adopted a other one
>>
I had one a few years ago. She lived to be 3 or 4
>>
>>2475553
Only guinea pig owners will get this :)
>>
theyre nice I used to have one and he lived along time. My sister had 2 but hers had less personality i think
>>
I love them dearly, and I've been wanting to get a new one for a while now. I used to have one, but she died when I was 13 (she lived for 8 years in the end), so I'm wondering if they're that expensive to keep? Before my mum paid everything for me, so now I have no clue.
>>
>>2477449
Depends on how you feed them.
If you buy all of their fresh food they can get pretty expensive.
If you collect their food (gras, clover, dandelion, other herbs, young tree shoots etc.) and get them outside during the day so they can graze, then they can be fairly cheap.

In winter you can grow wheat grass for them. It's easy, but you have to do it regularly.
>>
>>2477449
Hay if you get in bulk will be about $50 for 6+ months depending on how many you get.
Fresh vegetables will be like $7 a week or so. Whole bell peppers are usually under a dollar each and I give about 1/4 a bell pepper to each every other day or so. Green leaf lettuce is about $2 a head and lasts a week. Cilantro I can usually get for under a dollar a bunch. Those are the staple foods I usually have, and I'll supplement it with stuff I have for cooking that are left over like carrots or celery.
For bedding if you get 3 sheets of fleece from a fabric store you won't have to buy bedding constantly, and it can be reused. I clean their cage out every 3 days and do laundry once a week so that's an extra few dollars a week for laundry.

The startup cost can be around $50 if you want to make a nice cage for them, but you'll have to look that up yourself to choose what would be best for you
>>
I really love them, specially served as cuy chactado
>>
Used to have one. Adorable lil black pig. His name was Blueberry.
>>
They're fucking horrid and should be eaten. Loud annoying hateful bastards that are literally too stupid to learn not to screech despite smacks and being sprayed with water.
>>
>>2475269
perfect animal imo, hardly any work and social (also not nocturnal)
>>
>>2477638
>fleece
Doesn't that get disgusting?
>>
>>2475269

>be 11y old me
>got a guinea pig
>playing with it in my front yard
>gipsy woman goes by
>asks me if I want to sell it
>I say no
>next day she goes buy again and asks me the same thing
>I ask why does she want my guinea pig so badly
>she says they are delicious
>I though she was joking
>one day I leave my guinea pig in the front yard
>just for 5 minutes
>inside the cage
>came back
>guinea pig was gone and the cage was closed
>?????????
>never seen the gipsy again

;_;
>>
>>2475269
I took care of two of these over a summer (class pets) and one of them died.
>>
>>2479984
Not if you do laundry
>>
File: fuzzfamily.jpg (26KB, 478x403px) Image search: [Google]
fuzzfamily.jpg
26KB, 478x403px
>>2475323
agreed! theyre just adorable little lumps with cute smiles.
>>
File: 20170910_155133.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170910_155133.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I love my lil dude, Nubbin. Hes a charmer. Always wants to hang out and be held by anyone whos around. he would week and follow around a friends dog until it would lick his face.
>>
My pig died a couple months ago. She was over 7 years old. She was bought for my little sisters and used to bite and be really skiddish. We ended up getting 3 more within a few years after getting her. They say that they should be kept with other pigs but she absolutely hated any other ones being around her. She eventually stopped biting and began to love people and would always seek attention. She outlived the other 3 pigs. She was so sweat and I miss her.

After she died my mom thought it was a good idea to get get 2 more. Now we have 2 more new ones but my sisters are now too old enough to want to play with them. They are really skiddish and I am the only one that actively tries to take care of them. They are having a hard time being socialized. If anyone could give some tips that would be great.
>>
>>2480989
Bribe with food and patience. I've had luck with hand feeding but it takes a while.
>>
>>2480470
so cute
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.