[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wildlife Rehabilitator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1504453550544.jpg (54KB, 864x437px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1504453550544.jpg
54KB, 864x437px
What would I need to do in order to become one? Similar animal careers? What do you do to work with animals? I'm assuming there's a decent amount of schooling.
>>
>>2475056
Most of the ones I've seen are just crazy old ladies that end up with a ton of animals they care for and people keep bringing them more. All of them have worked out of their home or farm.
>>
>>2475056
you could work for your state's game and wildlife commission as conservation officer.

For school do things like environmental science, wildlife management, natural resources, etc.
>>
What are some other careers that involve animals? Realistic ones
>>
>>2475189
Vet. And that's basically it. Most seem to go switch over to human health care though.

Careers around animals aren't very realistic in general. It's hard and the pay sucks. Look into becoming a forest ranger and work for a park.
>>
>>2475216
I agree. I'm going to be a park ranger or search and rescue. It's a good option if you like to be in nature.
>>
>>2475344
>>>/out/1096204
>>
>>2475344
Depends on the park I guess. My friend wanted to be a ranger and that amounted to a cop in a forest. Writing tickets every night for campground violations, lack of permits, stuff like that. He hated the shit out of it.

I guess if you're search and rescue that's different, but it's an on-call thing. You gotta find other stuff to do when people aren't missing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.