[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acid/burn marks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Me and my dog got attacked by hogweed. I dont have enough money for a vet. How do I treat my dog?
>>
File: 1430506362668.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1430506362668.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>2474728
>I dont have enough money for a vet.
>>
Pure cancer bs
>>
>>2474728
If you can't afford the vet you can't afford a dog, OP

Surrender your dog to a shelter or the humane society so it can get homed with an owner that is adequately prepared to meet the needs of a dog. Your dog deserves better.
>>
Hogweed sap causes severe chemical photosensitive burns. That means they become worse in when exposed to the sun. i would recommend cleaning the area with gloves on as soon as possible and covering it in a thin dressing so it can breathe. Research hogweed burns on google. They last for several years, so you should really take your pet to a vet or risk losing it to infection or inflammation.
>>
>>2475115

>was with aggressive soap to remove sap
>clean wound
>spray liberally with blu-kote
>cover with gauze
>wrap with vet tape
>keep dog out of sun for a few days

Keep an eye on it, if it gets infected you will need antibiotics. It's not hard to find them, any farm store should carry them. You should really see a vet if it gets worse or doesn't go away after two weeks, but for now just make sure you clean the sap off and treat it like any other wound. Make sure he can't lick off the blu kote, it's not good for him and it belongs on the wound not his tongue.

>>2475042

Go jerk yourself off somewhere else. Not every little mishap requires a vet. I've raised animals my entire life, and I've needed a vet maybe 15 times in total. They get rich off you fuckers who can't learn to take care of your animals past food and water.
>>
File: 1504619394951.jpg (36KB, 435x334px) Image search: [Google]
1504619394951.jpg
36KB, 435x334px
>I dont have enough money for a vet.
>>
Reeeeeeeee
Use credit
>>
>>2475138
>dog has acid burn
>not sure what to do, go ask 4chan
>get ripped for being irresponsible
>fuck you I don't need a vet I know how to take care of my animals
Yet here we are. Thought process of a poorfag everyone.
>>
>>2475138
>Not every little mishap requires a vet

Agreed

>>2474728

>severe chemical photosensitive burns

Seems a bit more than a little mishap though. This is one of those times a vet should be called in. Not a big fan of vets but asides a yearly check up I try to keep at least $500 saved in my (vet emergency) fund in case shit goes down. That + credit cards.
>>
>>2475546
>Seems a bit more than a little mishap though.

It's hog weed, get it clean up and keep it out of sun. No need for a vet unless it gets worse, it should clear right up after a week or so of doing what I said.
>>
>>2475546
Dude lifetime insurance is fucking cheaper ffs what are you doing with your life and dog theat pet insurance won't cover or subsidise?
>>
>not every little thing needs a vet
>just clean and warp it up

Are we seeing the same picture? That is a DEEP burn. Its much deeper than any third degree burns I've seen. Enjoy your dog's skin necrosis.

This dog is probably in fucking agony. You people obviously never even stepped on a lit cigarette, let alone something like this. The least you can do is get it some sort of cream or medicine to reduce swelling. But you'll probably just make it worse on your own, like slapping neosporin on it and calling it a day.

A large burn(in width and depth) like that almost ALWAYS need antibiotics and BEFORE they get infected, you morons. Burns are fickle wounds and I wouldn't wrap it up with jack shit other than a very light, thin bandage unless an actual vet gets to see it(even if it's just this picture) and/or tells you do it

If this dog was a human, it would probably be put in an actual burn ward and get an skin graft.
>>
>>2474728
>hogweed

The only responsible thing you can do OP, is to take your dog out back old Yeller style.
>>
Anon did you also get burned by it?
>>
>>2475563
So what exactly is hog weed anyways? First time i heard of it.
>>
>>2476823
Looks like huge dill, but poisonous. Do not touch or you'll get burns. Very common in all of russia and central europe
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.