[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ferrets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: sixth_place.jpg (124KB, 1229x678px) Image search: [Google]
sixth_place.jpg
124KB, 1229x678px
Discuss ferrets and post pics please.
>>
I'm impressed they got him to stand still long enough to get that photo.
>>
>ferrets are the best none dog or cat
>endless hours of
>they stink to high hell

It's cruel. Their body odor is intolerable. I had three dumped on my porch as a teenager and I scrubbed out their litter box every time they used it and was scrubbing their cage up to three times a day almost every day. Putting them in our very ventilated screenhouse that was attached to our house wasn't even enough. It wasn't just their shit but just that ferret smell I couldn't get used too. Which is a fucking shame because they are amazing pets.

Also do people just not own ferrets anymore? Even in casual browsing of the internet no one seems to talk about them or pop up anymore. Even petstores here barely carry them anymore.
>>
>>2474228
Depends on where you live, I work at a petstore and they sell real easy. I personally don't mind their smell but I wouldn't have time to socialize one as a pet. See them almost everyday anyway.
>>
>>2474202
Oh, he won!
>>
>>2474256
How many of them get returned because people find out they can't stand the smell?
>>
>>2474305
Only had one return because their landlord found out. Also had one refunded cause they killed it by feeding it shitty cat food.
>>
>>2474333
Why would you give them a refund? They're the ones who messed up.
>>
>>2474340
It's a chain petstore, so I didn't really have much of a say. I try my best to educate people on proper care. It's nice when they actually listen and absorb it, but there's a lot of imbeciles out there.
>>
>>2474202
If you own these and you think you don't smell, you're wrong.
>>
>>2474355
I know the ferrets smell, but why would I smell too? I don't share a bed with them, and I don't leave my clothes in their room or anything.
>>
>>2474353
Same, anon. I worked for a few months at petsmart in the fish section and basically if someone had a dead fish and a valid receipt that's not more than 2 weeks old, they got a refund or replacement.
Supposedly corporate policy is that we are supposed to get a water sample and make sure they weren't killed by shit care, but that's not what actually happened ever at my store. Even in the case of this one woman that kept bringing dead goldfish in and wanted replacement after replacement, it was just cheaper and easier to put a 10 cent goldfish in a bag and let her go on her way.
>>
>>2474363
The smell permeates. Like if I cat pisses in the corner, it's not just the corner that smells.
>>
>>2474371
Yeah for fish they need to bring a sample but even if it's polluted with ammonia and nitrates they still get a refund. This guy came in once a week replacing angelfish saying "Ugh these guys are so fragile!"
>>
>>2474228
Three times a day is a bit overkill. I usually clean once a day or sometimes twice if I can. I honestly don't bother using litter anymore I just put a decent sized piece of papper towel in the litter box.
>>2474305
I honestly don't even notice the smell anymore. I've had mine for awhile now so I'm became smell blind to their odor.
>>
>>2474202
that sickly sweet smell is the worst. did gust ing.
>>
>>2474256
Also a pet store worker. I despise cleaning up after the ferrets.
>>
>>2474396
I thought I would get used to it but I had them for a few years. I can't smell very well to begin with my deviated septum and getting my nose broken twice, but I've never been so sensitive to a smell before. It stressed me out so bad I was losing hair. Which grew back to fine after they were gone. I have no allergies and even the skunk that sprayed my dog smelled like roses in comparison. Buck's vapor rub under my nose helped but I was wearing that 24-7.

I've never been able to describe the same but above anon has it right with that weird sweet but disgusting smell. Male rats have something similar but that never bothered me.

Other than the smell they were perfect and didn't bite. Extremely playful in a weird way. Like they would play with me but at the same time felt like they saw us a ghost, like they didn't really knowledge us. Short attention spans for sure. I kept them for so long and just choked through it because I felt bad they got abandoned and felt like shit I had to rehome them.
>>
>>2474453
It's not too terrible, they all shit in the same spot. The smell can be pretty bad though. They always smear it too on the glass.
>>
File: Fishe.jpg (556KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
Fishe.jpg
556KB, 1280x1919px
>>2474353
I don't understand how people can buy/adopt a pet without researching how to care for that pet in autistic detail. I mean, that's a fucking life in your hands.

One time for a science project in school I got some fish and after the project was over I forgot to care for them. They died. I'll never do something like that again. I was like 12 and that's too old to be that negligent. How can an adult be stupid enough to do that. How can they not feel like shit for it.
>>
>>2474552
The same mentality of the people who leave babies in dumpsters because they don't want to deal with it. They probably figure if it can't talk to them then it's too dumb to know it's alive in the first place so who cares.
>>
>>2474202
That ferret should have been in at least the top 3. It's a good looking ferret.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.