[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 20170905_133843.jpg (2MB, 2000x3556px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_133843.jpg
2MB, 2000x3556px
Found this sparrow who's unable to fly and seems to have a broken leg, probably hit by a car since he was by the road when I found him.

I know you guys are against stupid retards pretending they're doctors and taking care of hurt animals they find by what should I do?

I have already called my local wildlife care organization and left them a message. However the voice machine mentioned that they will not be able to take care of any song birds.
Please don't tell me sparrows are considered song birds.
>>
File: 20170905_135812.jpg (1MB, 1406x2500px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_135812.jpg
1MB, 1406x2500px
Currently have him in a pot with a paper on top to keep it dark for him, what do in case the wildlife people can't take him in? I don't have any proper knowledge on animal care, especially sick animal care.
>>
>>2473405
Upon further inspection it looks like his wings are fine, he's able to use them and can fly- but his leg is rekt.
>>
How badly does the leg seem hurt? Is the bird unable to stand on the leg? Does it keep trying to get up, or is it just lethargically laying down?

You've done right by trying to take it to the professionals. However, if they say that they're not taking songbirds, I'm sorry to say but you're on your own; sparrows are songbirds. And if you happen to be living in America, sparrows are an invasive species there, which means that your local wildlife organizations have even less incentive to help them.

Sometimes birds can hit a window or some other object and end up physically unharmed, but they're temporarily so dazed they can't fly for a moment. In such cases it's best to leave the bird alone in a safe, comfortable place and see if they'll recover with time. Judging by your later post, that's what happened to this bird. As for the leg or any possible internal damage, I'm sorry but I don't have personal experience with fixing things like that. It's possible to make a splint for a bird with an injured leg, but I'm not sure how easy would it be to successfully heal a bird that way. Also, if the bird's condition continues to be bad enough and if it needs to be kept around people and fed until it's doing better, that's going to be a tough task too.

If wildlife organizations can't help you, taking the bird to a vet is probably the best option if you want the bird to survive.
But if the bird ends up dying, don't feel too bad about it. Small injured wild birds can be challenging to keep alive.
>>
put on gloves or something before you handle that filthy fucking animal
>>
File: 20170905_153206.jpg (1MB, 1688x3000px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_153206.jpg
1MB, 1688x3000px
>>2473438
pic related
He's pretty much completely able to fly from what I can tell now, but he cannot stand on his legs. I got a call back from them and explained what's up and they said they're going to be able to check him out.

I'm heading out right now and I'll report back with an update on it, maybe a pic.

>>2473465
I fully understand that they can carry diseases but I have no gloves at my disposal, however I have made sure not to touch anything with the hand I hold it with and thoroughly wash it with soap.
>>
>>2473498
Make sure to check up on him regularly if they decide to take him in. Some places they just let the animals die or only provide food and shelter without any real care.
>>
Let us know how it goes. Thanks for helping the little guy
>>
File: 20170905_153214.jpg (131KB, 648x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_153214.jpg
131KB, 648x1152px
>>2473933
>>2473936
Dropped him off yesterday and checked in with them today, they had treated his leg and are going to keep him with them till he recovers.

Ontario wildlife rescue have a pretty good track record with animals and helping them so I sure he's in good hands.

Last pic I took of the lil guy before going out to the rescue center.
>>
File: sparrow2.jpg (249KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
sparrow2.jpg
249KB, 607x608px
>sparrow
eliminate the flying bourgeoise comrade
>>
>>2474388
Good job anon.
>>
File: 1502722681711.jpg (140KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502722681711.jpg
140KB, 640x640px
>>2474410
Pic related, I am making wise investments for my future.
>>
>>2473405
FEED IT TO THE FIRE AAANTS THE FIRE AH ANTS!! THEY GONNA EAT YOU UP AND NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!!
>>
>>2473438
5 start post. seriously thank you for being on this website. excellent, well written advice.
>>
>>2474388
Love you man. Great job
>>
>>2474388
Thanks. <3
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.