[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silverfish good feeder food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: MOLTING-SILVERFISH.jpg (46KB, 953x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MOLTING-SILVERFISH.jpg
46KB, 953x1024px
Are Silverfish good feeders for brown widows? Also how do you keep and breed silverfish for food? And finally what's the best way to catch them?
>>
>>2473052
Its not a fish no matter how i look it
>>
>>2473057
Yes, this is a firebrat.
>>
>>2473052
>collect silverfish
>dump into glass jar partially filled with flour
>>
>>2473052
Not sure, but if you drop a couple of those in your house then you're fucked
>>
>>2473138
Already found one in the house but haven't seen any others.
>>
>>2473052
Hi,

I raised these for a time when I was experimenting with small feeders for spiders I was breeding.

Yes, they make ok feeders, but come with a few problems. First they are small, even when fully grown. They are also wily, and will hide in small places and crevices in the enclosure and just live there forever. They are also very slow breeders. I had them for almost 4 months before I started seeing little ones, and they took forever to grow up. They also need to be kept humid and warm, so they aren't exactly low maintenance.
They do eat pretty much whatever, which was nice. I fed them bran and fish food.
>>
>>2473151
Thanks.
>>
>>2473151
I also forgot to add that you shouldn't catch them, unless you can't get them any other way. Ones you find around your home may have ingested/be carrying toxins or whatever else from eating paint/glue/whatever.
I don't think there'd be to much to worry about if you're feeding spiders, but I would still keep WC ones for a month or two before feeding them off to purge any potential nasties.
>>
>>2473156
I was planing to catch the ones at a cannel near by. Do I keep them in the same sort of set up as a cricket carrier?
>>
>>2473159
I kept them with egg crates and cardboard with no issues, similar to crickets. I kept them in my reptile/bug room so they were warm and humid; I've read they do best that way. Though, if they can survive in your house, I don't see why they won't be ok under more normal conditions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.