[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vet tech here, AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

AMA
>>
Why aren't you a real vet?
Do you have a family you support?
Favorite colour?
Least favorite colour?
If you had to choose between being a really sexy leopard or a rich Saudis pet lion which would you choose?
>>
>>2472609
1. Too much paperwork, can't spend enough time really helping animals
2. No, I just help shelters and caring people
3. Red
4. Green
5. a really sexy leopard
>>
My dog ate my shoe, what do
>>
post 3 of the worst cases you've seen on the job
>>
>>2472613
1.I saw a dog who had a huge abdominal mass (2 times his head), turns out it was his left kidney.. It was filled with coagulated blood
2. A cat attacked by a dog; half of his skin teared open, we could see the bones.. had to amputate the tail
3. A cat hit by car, the chin all wrecked, 1 eye popped, too many fractures
>>
Post feet
>>
>>2472608
Is it worth it?
>>
>>2472639
Definitely. All animals deserve what's best
>>
>>2472644
are you vegan? If not then why does 'all animals' exclude the ones you eat?
>>
>>2472649
Of course i have a vegan lifestyle/diet. But I still have to give meat to my cats and my boyfriend
>>
>>2472608
can you lay back on your bed and spread your labia wide and get a selfie showing your gaped uterus up into your fallopian tubes?
>>
also a follow up-- how hard is your pussy clit?
>>
>>2472608
what color /consistency is your cunt mucus?
>>
File: Female_repro_system_labelled.jpg (12KB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
Female_repro_system_labelled.jpg
12KB, 300x203px
>>2472657
>>
>>2472657
>>2472662
>>2472664
Ummm, this is why I usually post on Reddit. This thread is for asking questions about being a Vet tech, not this weird gross crap. I will answer you this time, but all future posts like this will be ignored.

1. No, that is not possible.
2. My "pussy clit" is not hard at all right now; in fact I am so disgusted by this line of questioning its receded up into my belly cavity.
3. clear/ white- I am wearing a light days pad.
>>
>>2472657
>>2472662
>>2472664
>>2472669

>Samefagging in /an/
>>
>>2472608
What are your tits like?
Do you have a feminine penis?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488828511107.jpg (85KB, 750x884px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488828511107.jpg
85KB, 750x884px
What questions are repeatedly asked by clients so often that you're sick of answering them?
>>
>>2472653
Isn't it your boyfriend's job to give you meat? Or does your vegan lifestyle leave him disappointed?
>>
>>2472785
Why can't you renew the prescription i had 3 years ago, for my other dog..
>>
>>2472785
On the phone.. Animal is injured.. "How long can it wait?"
>>
>>2472785
How much will it cost to declaw the 4 paws of my 20pounds cat
>>
>>2472669
>Specifically mentioned Reddit in response to shit that should obviously be ignored if you're sensible

LARPER IDENTIFIED
>>
>>2472608
my dogs have a very bad case of fleas. plan to buy something to keep the fleas off for months. any advice on where to look or what to look for?
dogs have it bad. whining from the fleas, washed with flea soap and they still get them again, flea collars didn't help, and our back yard is a lot of dirt
>>
>>2473035
Vacuum twice daily and throw the contents of the vacuum away every time. Flea collars don't work. Flea soaps barely work. Wash your dog with dawn dish soap instead. Don't bother filling up the tub with water; fleas won't drown for 48 hours submerged. Wet the dog with a pitcher of water and make a lathered ring of dawn soap around their neck first, then lather their whole bodies. Make them stand, covered in soap, for 5 minutes. This will suffocate the fleas. Wash all their bedding every other day in hot water and dry it on the hottest setting it can handle. Buy topical flea medication like k9 advantix II or frontline. I think there is an oral medication the vet can prescribe for your dog too.

Your house will take at least two weeks to get rid of all the fleas if you're diligent about vacuuming and washing any cloth items the dogs have touched. Bathe them at least every three days with the dawn dish soap. It's not good for their skin to be bathed so often, but it's only for a short time and it's better than having fleas.
>>
Tits or gtfo.
>>
>>2473035
You can try the baths and everything but be aware that the only thing that is gonna kill all the fleas is vet products like K9 advantix or Advantage (the only safe product that is not under prescription) Of course there's a lot of other products but you have to see a vet to have it. If you go with K9 or Advantage, you have to treat all the animals of the house for 4 consecutive months. Animals are gonna treat your home. Fleas are gonna drink their blood and die.

You can also treat the environnement with 1:10 dilution of bleach.

Too many baths may give your dog hotspots/otitis.

Also, be careful with K9 advantix, it contains permethrin wich could kill your cat. You'll have to separate tour dog from your cat for 24hrs after applying it to the dog.
>>
File: 1503672386495.jpg (47KB, 460x692px) Image search: [Google]
1503672386495.jpg
47KB, 460x692px
Do you find most dogs that come in adhere to their name?
Ie, are most pugs fatties, are most pitbulls aggressive assholes, etc?
>>
Different vet tech from OP here, answering because I'm very bored.

>>2472613
>8 month boxer pup got out, hit by car
>1/3 of skin torn clean off, gristle/bone exposure
>dog constantly screaming/crying even with max pain meds
>dad weeping about how dog had just learned to fetch and he didn't know how to explain this to his three kids
>mercifully euthanized

>crazy old woman became convinced her 2 beautiful greenwing macaws had mites
>dipped them in some kind of acid I don't remember
>did everything we could but both died after suffering for days
>old bat still convinced she did the right thing, claims we killed the birds with incompetent care

>animal shelter
>stray tom comes in hit by car
>jaw broken nearly off face, skull shattered, eye popping out of socket
>vet gives pain meds but decides not to euthanize for some fucking reason
>extremely sweet cat, would sit on your lap purring and rub his broken head into your hand
>had to lube and pick litter granules off his his extruded eye 3x daily
>it dried out and shriveled up like an old grape anyway
>doesn't eat anything because of course not, jaw is goddamn broken
>vet finally decides to euthanize 5 days later
>never forgave her for that case

>>2472639
Yes.

>>2472785
>IS IT BAD TO DECLAW CATS
Yes, yes it fucking is. I'm not allowed to tell you that on the job because we're not supposed to take stances on "hot-button issues", but people ask this because they want their consciences eased and they're not getting that luxury from me.

>>2473035
Collars are worthless. Most clinics I've been at used Frontline. Rarely encountered problems with it. My newest place uses Simparica, a chewable med - haven't heard any complaints from clients thus far.

>>2474325
The most aggressive dogs I've encountered in practice thus far were a basset hound mix and two black labs. We couldn't even muzzle the basset thing because it would leap to snap at your hands any time one of them came near. Most pits are either nice or scared stiff.
>>
File: sadness closer than it appears.png (341KB, 634x483px) Image search: [Google]
sadness closer than it appears.png
341KB, 634x483px
>>2474348
>>extremely sweet cat, would sit on your lap purring and rub his broken head into your hand
>>
What do I do about my family that lives in a shitty rural shack with a shit load of un-neutered cats? They give them away sometimes and my parents even have three of them that they've obviously neutered and gotten vet care etc, but the cats at this place just won't stop fucking and they live in fairly shit conditions, they sometimes get killed by getting sat on by these big dogs they have there when they're kittens.
>>
>>2474909
Not OP, but find a trap, neuter, release program and trap your families cats and act like they're feral to the program people.
>>
>>2474909
Phone he proper animal authorities in your state. -(not op)
>>
my four year-old pup has lymphoma. Chemo is the correct move, yes?
>>
>roses are red
>violets are blue
>>2472612
>>
>>2474909
woodchipper
>>
>>2472608
I am beginning to work with a Dog Behaviorist. My 1 year old 2 month old intact Male Rhodesian Ridgeback has issues with coloured people. Its a problem because I live in a pretty black part of the US (Mississippi River Valley). I am able to control him physically and command him to sit and stay off to the side, but in very rare cases he gets mouthy towards coloureds. It's incredibly bizarre because he is very socialized. Big dogs, little dogs, medium dogs. Whites, coloureds, homeless, etc. As a puppy, I'd walk him on a very pedestrian busy street in my city and he'd meet and love all kinds of people.

He is very touch and go with strangers. I had a coloured man today try to pet my dog and my dog barked at him very aggressively (no hackles though). It might be appearing more nefarious than it really is because of his deep voice, but it is obviously a cause for concern.

thoughts?
>>
>>2474932
black people smell different. every dog I know does this. your problem is that you live in such a godforsaken area
>>
>>2474932
Black people speak louder and have a more aggressive looking gait so dogs assume they are angry/looking for a fight. You are also probably anxious around black people because they're more likely to be violent, and your dog picks up on those signals from you and wants to protect you.
>>
>>2474944
Its a college town, so its a huge mix of alot of people honestly.

>>2474959
Its a really thin line to walk which is personally frustrating. I dont want my dog to lick the face of a burglar or want belly rubs from an intruder, but I dont want him to fucking maul someone walking down the sidewalk next to us.
>>
>>2472669
>posts on Reddit
>makes an AMA
>about being a vet tech
So I know your ego is enormous, but how big? Like Toronto sized?
>>
I am planning on bringing in a stray. I have a cat I recently brought in (seems like a house cat that was abandoned) and they seem okay together. Assuming she has worms, once she gets the proper medicine how long until I can have them share a litter box safely? Without risk of getting the other one sick?
My plan is to take her in tomorrow, have her spend the night in the bathroom, then take her to the vet on Saturday for initial check ups. I am going to get both cats tested for worms anyway at that time as the first cat is recovering from fatty liver disease and has not been checked yet due it just being over looked because of more pressing matters.
Is there anything bad about this plan in your opinion?
This is my first time with a stray and I have gotten them in quick succession so I have a lot of questions.
>>
>>2474932
>>2474959
>You are also probably anxious around black people because they're more likely to be violent, and your dog picks up on those signals from you and wants to protect you.

This is what happening. I thought my dog was racist against black squirrels when she would ignore grey squirrels and it turns out she picked up on that I watch black squirrels more than I do grey squirrels so now she loses it if she sees a black squirrel.
>>
File: 1504069684049.jpg (323KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1504069684049.jpg
323KB, 1936x1936px
How much animal semen have you seen in your lifetime? Give me species and mililitres.
>>
>>2472608
are you a female like literally every vet tech that's every been or will be
>>
>>2474909
TNR resources are widely available through most humane societies, animal shelters, animal control centers, etc.
>>
>>2474916
How advanced is the lymphoma?
>>
>>2474932
Pls give me more stories of your dog scaring black people
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.