[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna raise a puppy so badly. But my apartment is small af,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: impossibly-cute-puppy-8.jpg (43KB, 680x606px) Image search: [Google]
impossibly-cute-puppy-8.jpg
43KB, 680x606px
I wanna raise a puppy so badly. But my apartment is small af, I work 8 hours a day and next year I'll start studying so I'll be away even longer. That means I won't be able to have a dog for at least 5 years. I'm gonna be 28 by then. I feel like I'm wasting time but I don't wanna mess up my dog.
How do you cope with this feeling of not being able to have one?
I have a cat but it's not the same. I've had "family" dogs but never raised and trained my own dog.
>>
>>2471490
>I have a cat but it's not the same.

Well duh, dogs are capable of love and compassion.
>>
>>2471490
There will still be plenty of dogs when you're 28. No reason to grab one now.
>>
>How do you cope with this feeling of not being able to have one?

I couldn't. I got one and he was miserable. I did my best by him but I know he was unhappy. Worst of all my stepmom passed and I had to take the family dog. Had two 50 lb dogs in a 1 bedroom apartment. Best I could do were 2 walks a day and a monthy hiking trip. Now I am 27, own 4 acres on a country road, work from home and have plenty of time to invest in my pooches. In fact I got 3 more since I've moved. The family dog is too old to do anything though now. His youth and energy was wasted away in that apartment. My shep mix is 9, and while he is still very active we can't go on intense hiking trips like we used to if we plan on bringing him. Although they're both very happy dogs, they deserved far better than I was able to provide them at that time and I was not mature enough to see it. If you honestly want to raise a puppy and give it a good life you should wait. Visit friends with dogs or go to petsmart and pet strangers dogs to get your fix. My 3 newer dogs are loving life. We run daily, go kayaking, hiking, "hunting" (no guns or bows, just tracking small game and letting the dogs kill it), and showing off at the dog parks. If you are really big on having a dog you should give it a life it deserves, right now you are not able to do that.
>>
>>2471490
If you are going to school and working why don't you live with your parents to supplement/save income?
>>
>>2471490
It's hard but not impossible I got a dog a few months ago and I work 8 hours a day too. Its hard you will have to take a couple weeks holiday to start with but it look at get a breed of dog that matures to be calm and lazy something that will only need 1 walk a day and can tolerate being alone. I got clumberdoodle and she's quite quiet when I leave her alone. You will need someone to feed your puppy lunch until they are old enough to eat 2 meals a day or get an automatic feeder and if you can afford it then maybe a dog walker/trainer and walk your dog while your at work.
>>
>>2471490
You could also look at adopting a dog that is already an adult about 3-4 years old they are far calmer that puppies and will adjust quicker to you apartment.
>>
>>2471490

puppies are terrible don't make this mistake anon

they are like babies with super sharp teeth

if you ant a dog get an adult at least before a puppy
>>
>>2472559
lol puppy teeth are very soft.. and all things considered puppies will never run the risk of bringing a black guy home some day
>>
You definitely shouldn't get a puppy OP. But consider getting an older dog with a low energy level, you'll both be happier that way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.