[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moral Dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 04JTu29.jpg (313KB, 1500x1157px) Image search: [Google]
04JTu29.jpg
313KB, 1500x1157px
Scenario:
You see posters in your neighborhood for a lost pet with photos. Some days later you come across said pet. It is clearly dead.

Do you:
a) call the owners and tell them the bad news so they can retrieve the body and have some closure

or

b) don't say or do anything and let them continue with the hope their pet may still be alive and doing well and may one day return home to them

Tough call imo.
>>
It's better for them to move on, and know what happened to their pet. It's not something that happens often, I mean, knowing what happened to our qt.
>>
return it to them and demand the reward of course
>>
scavenger hunt
>>
a
>>
>>2470739
A. Closure is important to get over a loss. It's not a tough call to let people grieve and move on instead of always having to wonder what happened.
>>
I don't see a dilemma here.

truth >>>>> false hope
>>
>>2471266
Also this. For the rest of the pet's lifespan, there will always be that tiniest bit of hope in the bottom of their heart that maybe they'll get one of those wonder stories where a pet is found after years and years, especially if there's kids in the house.
>>
>>2471271
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>2470739
Some lady in my town still posts ads for a lost pet. $2000 reward. Missing since 2015.
Let them know.
>>
>>2470739
Tell them it died so they aren't imagining that it's getting fucked in the ass by a jew.
>>
Tell them and see if they want the body, because otherwise I will keep it.

If it was my own pet, either scenario would make me upset for it happening in the first place. One of my dogs got out last year and I bugged. I spent hours asking strangers, cruising up and down every street and mucking through swamps. 26 hours later a dude called me and offered to bring her home and I tried to give him money but he was just happy she was safe again. Even if someone took her, I think I'd be just as upset even if I knew they cared for her because I would feel like I failed.
>>
In my old town like a decade ago there was this story in the paper. Here's a quick tl;dr

>family loses dog
>someone finds it and takes it to shelter
>shelter can't find owners, adopts it out to someone else
>eventually family finds out
>wants to their dog back
>new owner refuses
>shelter admits they fucked up but can't do anything
>family goes to police trying to get dog back
>police say no crime took place, they can't do anything
>dog now forever with new owner who is a bitch who refuses to give it back to its rightful family
>>
>>2470739
>hope

More like despair, it's fucking horrible not knowing where your pet is.
>>
>>2470739
Happened to me in 2015. I returned their cat. Dad in the family cried when he saw it. They buried it in the yard with a tombstone the kids made for it. I think people are better off with closure, especially kids. They have to learn about death somehow.
>>
File: 1399091188207.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1399091188207.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>2473078
Jesus that's really sad
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.