[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injured bird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: LRM_EXPORT_20170902_095154.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
LRM_EXPORT_20170902_095154.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
Cat brought home a bird last night, and I made a little nest for it in a cardboard box and left it with some water. It survived the night but isn't flying away, so I don't think it has any major injuries but there's clearly something wrong with it.
There wasn't any blood, just a lot of feathers around, and it only made one half assed attempt at flight when it started flailing its wings in the box and never tried to take off after that.
What should I do with it? Pic related
>>
>>2470729
Either take it to an Audubon or wildlife rehab center, or just leave it alone in an isolated but safe spot so it can leave when it's ready. I've seen birds with cat wounds that were fine after they were set somewhere secluded overnight. It probably doesn't have a broken wing but if a place is near you that you can take it to it wouldn't hurt to have it checked I guess.
>>
>>2470734
The only place I could find is really far away, so I'll just leave it out there for today, and if it's still alive but not flying tomorrow I'll take it there. And thanks, I never come to /an/ and didn't know such a thing even existed.
>>
>>2470729
he either makes it and can fly or not OP. no good options really. you did what you can for the little guy. just keep him somewhere safe until he's ready to go or just let him loose into a safe space outside and let nature take its course.

btw that's a really clear pic. is that from a phone camera?
>>
>>2470760
>no good options really
Yeah I figured. I didn't even expect it to survive the night, as this isn't the first bird the cat brought home but it's the first one to be in somewhat of a good shape.
He sometimes eats them, but mostly just plays with them until they are barely breathing and then die overnight.
There's an area on my porch where the cat can't get into, and some article said I shouldn't try to feed it so I'll just leave it there for now. I just wish there was something I could do for the little guy.
And yeah I took the pic with my xperia z2. It's like 3 years old now, so I'd imagine newer phones take even better pics. Crazy how good this stuff is getting now
>>
>>2470729
Snap its neck. It's not a rare bird. A quick death is the most you can do for it now. No one is going to give it medical attention.

If you want to feel feels, read Hurt Hawks by Robinson Jeffers right after you do it.
>>
I know you're trying to do a good thing here, but remember why this happened in the first place. Cats kill animals for fun constantly and seriously impact the ecosystem in doing so. Your cat has very certainly killed far more animals than it has brought home, and will kill again the next time it goes out. Keep your cat indoors.
>>
File: 1503672227486.jpg (70KB, 800x503px) Image search: [Google]
1503672227486.jpg
70KB, 800x503px
>>2470771
Please keep your cat indoors.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.