[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chewed-up kitten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20170901_211150.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170901_211150.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
So, a neighborhood stray cat brought a kitten to my doorstep. We've fed the momma, brought her in on nasty nights, but her kitten (chances are the only survivor of the litter) is missing a hind leg, due to something tearing at it. What is an effective antiseptic, until I can get it to a vet? This kitten was born in the last 48 hours, mind. Feelin guilty because I heard the momma last night at my door. assumed to be the last of the litter because 1. it's the momma's 1st litter, and 2. It's the only one she's brought to the house. Old help.
>>
File: IMG_20170901_211147.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170901_211147.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
Spell check dogshit. Please help
>>
>>2470702
http://www.cat-world.com.au/antiseptics-safe-for-cats.html
>>
>>2470714
also read this

http://www.petmd.com/cat/emergency/accidents-injuries/e_ct_wound_treatment
>>
one more

http://www.cat-health-guide.org/kitten-skin-wound-care.html
>>
Thank you so much. I went and bought povidine-iodine solution, bandages, and etc. Momma dropped the one premature, the leg was underdeveloped, but she's got other kittens in her belly. Y'all have eased my mind. I'll post pics as the development....... develops
>>
Good news boys! Momma just dropped two more, perfectly healthy! I'm giving it a bit for Momma to bond with them, but pics will be forthcoming, whether ya want them or not. God bless y'all.
>>
>>2470776
Hope things turn out okay for mom and her kittens, good on you for helping them.
>>
File: IMG_20170901_232232.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170901_232232.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Thanks bradda. I felt like shit cos I didn't let her in last night, didn't have anything to give her and I assumed a possum got at the baby, but it looks like the first kitten was just born gimp. Two more showed up looking healthy as fuck. Y'all know what Meat Loaf said.....
Pic related: Proud momma
>>
>>2470791
That's great. What are you planning on doing with the family? Keep em or adopt out the kittens once they're old enough or something else?
>>
File: DSCF8226.jpg (3MB, 3216x4288px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF8226.jpg
3MB, 3216x4288px
>>2470791
Hopefully everything goes well for the litter. I had a bad experience where only one of the five kittens survived, pic related, his birthday is this October.

By the way, were you already on good terms with the mother? Since she seems so friendly towards you.
>>
File: IMG_20170901_232929.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170901_232929.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
She would drop in when she was hungry, we'd feed her and love on her, our 5yo girl would watch movies with her, but ultimately she was a rambling stray. She just decided this was the place to raise her babies. Feels good bro. Our plans? We live pretty rural, there's always a need for barn cats, but momma's still a stray. This more or less got dumped in our laps (no bitching here.)
>>
Good on you op
>>
My Girlfriend the Certified Vet Tech advise to your post:

1. Chlorhexdine

This is preferable. She's not sure this immediately available over the counter to regular people.

2. Povidone-iodine (BETADINE)

She's not sure that's available either.

3. Iodine

This is definitely available.

4. Peroxide/Alcohol

Get this and you've fucked up. DO NOT GET THIS.

Ask me any other questions while she's hear.
>>
File: IMG_20170901_232924.jpg (849KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170901_232924.jpg
849KB, 2560x1440px
I got some povidine-iodine solution from Wal-Mart, an irrigation syringe as well. It doesn't squall or act in pain, first one to the party, so I assume his issue is congenital. A shame, but he seems okay with it. I work for a pretty large company(locally speaking ) so I know they'll go to good homes. Thank y'all for yer help. I'll be back with more photos as they become something other than furry larvae.
>>
>>2470840
Chlorhexidine is sold as Hibiclens in most Walmarts. Betadine is also there.

t. Wm wageslave
>>
File: 1359129556771.jpg (41KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1359129556771.jpg
41KB, 720x540px
Nice to see a happy ending. Congrats OP.
>>
Get the mom spayed and keep her forever. Adopt out kittens when old enough
>>
A happy ending for once. How are they doing op?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.