[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my bonsai plant growing another plant from it? I need answers!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1504236484191-1682648866.jpg (685KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1504236484191-1682648866.jpg
685KB, 2048x1152px
Why is my bonsai plant growing another plant from it? I need answers!!
>>
>>2469951
You're not triming it regularly and it is growing towards the brightest light source (i.e. you also put it in a terrible location that is conducive to uneven growth).
>>
File: lol.jpg (200KB, 1311x1600px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
200KB, 1311x1600px
>>2469978
This. The tree is wasting its resources on this long shoot instead the other branches. OP, trim that branch. The problem of uneven groth can be solving by turning the tree everyday so each side can get enough light.
Alternative: do nothing, pic related.
>>
>>2469951
You also need to defoliate more. The leaves are too big.
>>
What kind of bonsai tree is that? I got one of them on clearance from Lowes but they never specified species. I put it in my vivarium and I feel like I'm trimming it back every week it grows so quick.
>>
>>2470087
Ficus.
>>
This ginseng ficus is actually two different varieties of Ficus grafted together. The shoot with the visibly larger leaves is from the rootstock, which is why the leaves on the new shoot are shaped differently. If you like the look of the old growth, you should trim any new shoots from the rootstock so the plant puts all its energy into the grafted material. Otherwise, you can just let it grow and the grafted material will slowly decline.
>>
>>2469951
Literally just cut it off you dumb nigga.
>>
Im afraid your bonsai may be retarded
>>
>>2471568
You're probably right but I see no graft line, i think there may be one about 1cm under the shoot in question, meaning it would be the same as the other shoots.

I have 0 experience with Ficus trees however
>>
File: bugguy.jpg (157KB, 1141x745px) Image search: [Google]
bugguy.jpg
157KB, 1141x745px
>>2470073
>pic

What a nightmare.
>>
>>2469951
cut that fucker off, it's ruining the balance something terrible.
i don't think bonsai is for you tbph. just buy a crassula argentea and be content.
>>
Can someone post the bonsai book shared last time please?
>>
>>2471764
>he did anything wrong
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.