[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you see animal evidence but no animal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: holes.jpg (536KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
holes.jpg
536KB, 768x1024px
>when you see animal evidence but no animal
>>
File: argentlemen.jpg (66KB, 778x571px) Image search: [Google]
argentlemen.jpg
66KB, 778x571px
>>2468922
>>
Same. Took months to finally see the pair of pileated woodpeckers that were demolishing a huge tree infested with beetles.

They're really active in the morning like. I always heard them since they sound like howling monkeys but I was hyped as fuck I pulled over and got to see them about 15 feet away.

I've found owl pellets and have heard them here but I have yet to see them.
>>
>>2468956
>meanwhile the local Little Owl loves to sit on the roof of my car specifically, during dusk
>she doesnt sit to other cars
>owls dig my ride
>>
At my old place we had a pair of barn owls in our she'd and a great horned owl was often in the one tree we had in the yard.

I was outside with the dogs one night and that owl demolished a rabbit in front of us and that's how I learned rabbits scream.
>>
>>2468978
>a great horned owl
You mean eagle-owl?
Because that flying bullshit gets large enough to take small dogs and young sheep
We dont see any because they get shot on sight
>>
>>2468980
That's mean. Owls are cooler than dogs and sheep.
>>
>>2468984
Just imagine being a farmer and this flying cunt swoops in and takes a 4-5kg sheep that you were going to slaughter in a month to sell
And after a week it happens again
>>
>>2468980
Yes and no. Great horned owl are eagle-owls but we don't call them eagle-owls here since we have too many owls.
We have snowy owls here but I have yet to see one.

Also what kind of pussy ass sheep do you have that an owl can take? A lamb out in the open yeah but we usually take our livestock inside for the night because we have better predators to worry about. Plus it's illegal here to kill birds of prey.
>>
>>2468956
their call is crazy, definitely sounds like a jungle creature.
>>
File: piwo_051209.jpg (56KB, 300x521px) Image search: [Google]
piwo_051209.jpg
56KB, 300x521px
>>2469044
Makes me nostalgic for when my dad would jolt us awake early mornings and throw our ass into the car to go to the zoo or camping instead of going to school just because he felt like it.

I didn't know it was actually woodpeckers until someone told me and I saw it for myself. They are a lot better than I had originally thought too compared to the smaller, spottier woodpeckers I've seen.
>>
>>2469051
I heard one of these devils today. Sounded like a monkey coming through the trees at me. Saw the beast later on.
>>
>>2468970
Your car is full of mice and snakes
>>
File: Ivory-billed woodpecker.jpg (56KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
Ivory-billed woodpecker.jpg
56KB, 600x476px
>>2469051
I used to be obsessed with these guys back in grade 2. Ivory-billed was my favourite though
>>
>>2470050
Aren't those the extinct ones?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.