[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, was wondering if any amateur biologists could help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: needtofind.png (336KB, 847x429px) Image search: [Google]
needtofind.png
336KB, 847x429px
Hey guys, was wondering if any amateur biologists could help me out?

Could anyone identify the name/species of deer this statue is modeled after?
>>
File: buckwhitetaileddeer10-1.jpg (91KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
buckwhitetaileddeer10-1.jpg
91KB, 640x427px
At least from this angle, it sort of looks like the antlers slope too heavily forward and downwards to match with the look of any particular deer species that I'm familiar with.
Because of the facial features and the placements of the antler spikes, my guess is that it's a stylized/exaggerated rendition of a white-tailed deer.
>>
>>2468618
Whitetails will often have atypical racks like that, but the lack of color is throwing me off whatever species it's supposed to be. Ears kinda remind me of mule deer.
>>
>>2468660
>>2468667

Thanks for the reply guys
To be clear, the reason Im asking is because of the downward sloped antlers, I find them quite interesting

But what you're telling me is it could either be,
One, some sort of abnormality in one specific deer
Or two, an artistic work of fiction

In either case, that kind sucks for me because I really like the way the antlers look and I wanted to find some more examples.

Just in case there is a species out there where these antlers are the norm, I'll say that this image was captured from a youtube video filmed in a French lodge
>>
>>2468745
The horns of muflon sheep are a similar style.
>>
File: IMG_6504.jpg (41KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6504.jpg
41KB, 500x429px
>>
File: IMG_6505.jpg (42KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6505.jpg
42KB, 736x736px
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.