[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kitten care thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 15040518191981703940469.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
15040518191981703940469.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
/an/ I need your help, I adopted a kitten but the guy gave me a very young kitten, said he still drinks milk and just started walking. So in short:
>what do
>what do i feed him (no access to cat milk)
>how often do i feed him
>does the kitten need help with going to the bathroom?
>how can i make him confortable with me?

He has been asleep most of the day, but now its meowing quite dramaticly. I was ready to adopt a bit older cat, but now I'm at a lose here, I'll try to get him whatever it needs but right now I need to know how to feed him.

(Pic related, that's the kitteh)
>>
>>2468035
I can't tell how old your kitten is but:

Don't give him cow's milk.
Give him wet cat/kitten food.
Feed him every couple of hours, gauge how much food by how much he eats each time.
For bathroom, rub his butthole and penis with a warm wet paper towel.
>>
He looks to be about 2 and a half weeks old. You should be feeding him as much as he wants, no longer than 3-4 hours apart. You can buy kitten milk at a petstore, I'd recommend getting the powder rather than the cans. Rub his butt with a warm damp wash cloth to stimulate his anus so he can poop, kittens can get very constipated.

Cow's milk will not work. If you feel you can't take care of him, turn him over to a shelter. Kittens are a around the clock job at that age.
>>
>>2468046
I'd also recommend getting a bottle, but if not a dropper will also work. When you get a bottle, use a pair or scissors to cut a X on the tip of the nipple. It takes tweaking, but you want it to leak slightly when you turn it upside down.

If you feel like the kitten isn't getting enough nutrition, you can add a couple drops of karo syrup into the milk. And if you feel like his stool is too loose, you can add a couple drops of Pedialyte in it too.

If the kitten gets too dirty, you can wash him with a damp warm wash cloth or use UNSCENTED baby wipes.
>>
Getting suckered by scumbags on Craigslist isn't "adopting".
>>
>>2468035
Go to a pet store, buy kitten formula. When bottle feeding, don't put the kitten on its back. Feed often. And yes, he'll need help going to the bathroom.
>>
Pls help me
I recently found a kitten at my apartment´s stairs, she´s in really bad shape, really thin, stinky and with some wounds in her eyes, mouth and a bent ear.
I don´t have enough money for a vet right know and she seems to struggle while eating.
>>
>>2468083
What are you feeding her? Especially young kittens need kitten formula, kittens who are weaned can eat wet food.
>>
>>2468085
Regular adult cat food softened with water and a bowl with water ;_;.
>>
>>2468091
Go to a pet store and buy kitten formula. If the kitten has its eyes fully open and can walk around easily without stumbling, it should be ready to eat wet food - so buy cans of canned food and mix a little kitten formula into it.

If its eyes aren't fully open or it walks clumsily, feed it only kitten formula. Buy a little bottle or dropper and feed every few hours.

For the wounds, try cleaning them with antiseptic and water if you can.
>>
>>2468083
Look if the wounds have weird colors or have strange liquids, most often than not those wounds get infected
>>
>>2468083
What the other anons said about kit formula, and get a bunch of neosprorin for her wounds.
>>
>>2468091
Jesus Christ take it to the spca or an animal shelter. If you can't get it proper care you need to let them.
>>
>>2468094
>>2468123
>>2468133
Thank you anons, will try. She´s not that little, she can open her eyes but one of her eyes is red, i assume that is filled with blood ;_;.
>>2468151
I can´t i live in a shitty 3rd world country
>>
>>2468155
If you can't find kitten formula in a store, order it online. Maybe search online for emergency kitten formula substitute, a recipe you can make in the meanwhile. She might be old enough to eat canned cat food, it would be better if it had kitten formula or extra nutrients mixed in but she can eat it without it.

You can buy eyedrops/eye rinse for cats online or buy boric acid and make your own eye wash.

https://www.vetinfo.com/cat-conjunctivitis-treatment-boric-acid.html
>>
>>2468155
If desperate you can try baby milk formula, but ONLY if desperate, kittens shouldn't be drinking that shit
>>
>>2468035
>>2468083
I live in the 3rd world and I have access to kitten milk. If pet stores don't have it, go to your local vet and ask for some, they're guaranteed to have it. Do not feed cow milk, it can kill a small animal.
>>
>>2468035
Dude dont give him milk, cause cats are lactose intolerant. Give him baby power/formula or kitten milk powder. Try to feed him some solid cat food but might not eat if its less than 4 weeks. Seems like somewhere between 3-4 weeks. Early weaning leads to psychological problems like suckling for extended periods on blankets and all (my kitten used to suckle on my ears during night). Is your kitten alone or did you adopt in pair ? Cause if he's alone then you might like to know that your cat would be aggressive as it grows since he has not playmate to teach him some manners. Anyway. Try feeding him with a dropper or syringe since he might not be used to a bowl. If you can play youtube videos of mom xcats with kittens so to simulate optimal surroundings and make him feed since he might not feed because of separation anxiety. Refer to kitten lady for more info.
>>
>>2470545
Also keep feeding him 3-4 hours, you can use a moist soft cloth or tissue to simulate his genitals to he can pee and poop. He migjt become constipated and you might have to perform an emergency enema but i'd suggest you do that under vet's supervision. Once he starts pooping and peeing normaly he will start going in a corner and pooping so you might need to arrange for a litter box for him
>>
>>2470545
Kittens are not lactose intolerant. Cats are. If they were, they couldn't consume milk at all.
The issue with cows milk is the protein content. It is far too low for a growing kitten, whereas cats milk is outrageously protein dense.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.