[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog biting me and nobody else?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hi /an/. I have a Corgi that is almost 8 months and he definitely has resource guarding issues as far as I can tell.

He loves people and other dogs but with me he has bitten me when trying to grab him out of his crate in the morning, when taking away a high value treat (not his kibble), or if trying to grab him to put him in his crate for bed.

He has bit me hard enough now in the last 3 weeks to make me bleed. He also seems to follow rudimentary commands but when I move toward him he runs away making the morning a pain to retrieve him when I need to go to work.

He gets a ton of exercise between being walked, dog park and daycare and he is well socialized. I have never hit him and even when he has bitten me the few times where I bled I did not yell at him.

Advice? It seems like he has no respect for me at all or he is fearful of me?
>>
>>2467820
Next time he bites, punch the little shit in the head and say no.

Here's my question, why does my dog continually try to drink my piss? He tries to lap it out of the air as I pee. I don't encourage him to do it at all.
>>
>>2467820
>not doing the hand-feeding as puppy to bite-train him

You fucked up, OP. 8 months is past repair.

Read a fucking book next time you get a puppy.
>>
Beat the shit out of him when he bites you. Repeat for as long as the biting continues. You'll either have a well trained dog or a dead one.
>>
>>2469124
Not op, but suggest book?
>>2467820
Is his vision bad? Also don't reach in his crate, that's a big no no.
>>
>>2469086
He probably likes the smell, it could be sweet
If it tastes sweet you have diabetes, no shit, google it. Better safe than lose a foot
>>
>>2469086
Yeah, op I second this. I mean if you're afraid of hurting him maybe just a good smack.
I did the whole hand feeding with my heeler, but he'd get nippy if I got close to his bone. You don't get angry or frustrated, but I slapped that fucker arcoss the head grabbed the bone slid up the window, slung it well into the neighbors yard. Gave him a look and walked off.
He just sat there with a pathetic look. Next time he had a bone he growled a little. I didn't hesitate, repeat.
Next time I came up and he had a bone, I came up, handled him some. He gave me a lick, I scruffed him good and gave him a bounus treat. Now he chews at my feet for a couple years since. no problem.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.