[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i`m about to get a cat. is there anything i should know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: luff.jpg (67KB, 632x475px) Image search: [Google]
luff.jpg
67KB, 632x475px
i`m about to get a cat. is there anything i should know?
>>
Enjoy getting your toes bit when ypu sleep.
>>
>>2467096
that sounds adorable
>>
>>2467094
Cats go meow.
>>
>>2467094

Are you gonna be a """outdoor""" cat owner?

Then all you need to know is that it won't die of old age.
>>
>>2467101
i live in an apartment
>>
>>2467094

Cat or kitten? If it's a cat, be patient if he doesn't like you. Don't get mad at it or try to force it to be affectionate.

If it's a kitten, start training early. Don't put it on the table or let it anywhere it won't be allowed to go.
>>
>>2467102
your apartment will smell bad
>>
File: Chocola.jpg (541KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Chocola.jpg
541KB, 1920x1080px
They are much more maintenance than you realize, you have to clean up after them daily or your apartment becomes akin to a filthy schizophrenics hovel. If you get a long hair kind you will deal with fur on everything always. You will never again be able to set flimsy/rickety items down in one spot.
>>
>>2467101
His neighbors will make sure his cat doesn't die old.
>>
>>2467094
secure your keys and other small items
>>
Love it, feed it and never leave it.
Forever home is forever.
>>
>>2467094
They piss and shit everywhere, if you get a male one it will spray urine on all your belongings, just get a dog
>>
>>2467094
Enjoy it shitting in a box, then burying its shit and touching all your stuff with its shit covered paws.
>>
>>2467094
Castration is bad,cats need their hormones.If you don't want kittens,get another sterilization procedure,like a vasectomy.

Also,you will need to learn how to make it not spray.If you don't your house will smell like piss.

If you feed it fish,do it sparsely.Cats can get addicted to fish,especially tuna.

If you're getting a kitten,be very careful.They're very fragile and dumb.Kittens may try to chew on cables,so you must protect them,or else your electronics(and your cat) will suffer damage.Giving kittens yarns is not recomended,for obvious reasons.
>>
They like it when you tickle their butt right next to their tail. They also like when you take your barefoot and use it to tickle their belly.
>>
>>2467612
that's some fucking terrible bait dude
>>
>>2467532
>wants less shit
>gets a dog
>>
>>2467621
>you can't train a dog
literal retardation
>>
>>2467532
I got a shelter cat a few days ago, which I just found ouut yesterday is actually an intact male cat that slipped through the cracks somehow and accidentally got adopted out (already talked to the shelter and t heyre having him neutered for me) and he always goes in his litter box and hasn't sprayed anything.
>>
>>2467094
Be careful about disease and leaving it alone for long.

Love is an unbreakable bond between cat and human
>>
you're allergic to cats
>>
Cats are shit pets that live a long time
If you're in you 20s know that everyone I know I their 30s regrets getting a cat unless they are batshit insane
>>
What are the arguments from camp no-indoor-kitties again?
>>
Learn him to avoid the cars
>>
>>2467094
Just know that even if your cat is littertrained, everything you own (unbeknownst to you) will smell like pissy cat litter.
Every piece of furniture that that little pissbag steps on for the next few years will smell like piss and you will never be able to tell how fucking bad it gets because you've gotten so used to it. Not to mention you're scooping SHIT AND PISS out of a dam box for a damn animal.

I love cats, but I'll never have one. They can't be kept outside because they murder everything without a care, they can't be kept inside because they make your fucking furniture smell.

Get a dog, dude. Just get a fucking dog.
>>
>>2467683
muh natural predator belongs in the wild
they also don't get vaccines in the wild but that doesn't stop these faggots from releasing a predator into the community
your neighbors didn't ask for a shitting furball, don't make them also take care of your pet
>>
>>2467607
>Cats need their hormones

Almost every vet will agree that cats are much happier after the procedure. They fight less, and they're not all horned up all the time which is good because they shouldn't be fucking anyways. The world needs less homeless kittens
>>
>>2467101
We have had an outdoor cat for 18 years now, and she is still in excellent health. She has always hated the indoors, some cats hate being confined.
>>
>>2467673
Cats are great pets.

People who regret getting cats are the ones that don't know anything about them and have little patience
>>
>>2467704
>cats smell like piss if you dont keep their boxes clean
>dogs smell like dog all the fucking time, will shit basically everywhere in your yard, and will absolutely fucking try to eat it
>>
>>2467094
Cats are for pussies
>>
>>2467799
>t. Batshit insane person
>>
>>2467825
Cats can be just as loving as dogs and they're significantly less work.
>>
I have great disdain for cats
But ever moreso I hate the people who think cats are good pets
>>
>>2467625
>Acting like you dont need to pick up its warm mushy steamy shit with a plastic bag moments after its plopped out of its anus.
even if you dont need to pick up its shit youll still have to worry about stepping in shit
>>
>>2467612
>cat fucking hates it when I tickle his belly
>do it anyway because it's the fluffiest spot on his body
D E V I L I S H
>>
>>2467625
>you can't train a cat
Equally retarded.
>>
>>2467937
both of those situations are significantly less horrible than living with a plastic tray that a parasite ridden, obligate carnivore leaves it's putrid piss and shits in
>>
It's gonna piss on your furniture eventually unless you are really lucky. So be prepared for that
>>
>>2468073
If you get an adult cat that's fixed and litter trained, it literally will not do this unless it's sick
>>
>>2468082
Or upset about a sudden change.
Or upset about strays camping outside.
Shit happens and a 20 year lifespan is a long time.
>>
>>2467806
>and will absolutely fucking try to eat it

no
>>
>>2468086
If a cat is fixed they will not owe on your shit because of other cats.

Also, many cats handle change just fine. Some don't, but those cats in general usually have other issues that are apparent when you go to adopt them
>>
>>2467806
>absolutely fucking try to eat it
idk what kind of malnourished neglected dog you kept, but they only do that if they're severely lacking something in their diet or they're fucking horribly trained. Literally no dog that I've owned has ever eaten any dog shit.
>cats smell like piss if you dont keep their boxes clean
Enjoy being a slave to a goddamn piss and shit box trying to keep it clean ya brainwashed toxo catcunt
>>
>>2467836
>significantly less work
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>2467837
This
>>2468025
This
>>2468073
This and you won't know it. So anyone that tells you they won't if you train it is because they don't even notice that it's already happened to them.
>>2468086
This
>>
Is it just one guy that goes around shitting on cats, or is it a group?

I've never heard of anyone hating cats until I came to /an/

What the fuck. Why do you guys literally hate them? Don't get a cat, problem solved many people out there love cats
>>
>>2468126
>Why do you guys literally hate them? Don't get a cat, problem solved many people out there love cats

Because they hunt and kill all native species without mercy. You do not see any introduced species which has such a large impact on native species not go unnoticed, as is the case with cats.

I love cats, but if your cat is outside 99% of the time, don't be surprised if someone kills it.
>>
>>2468130
You should be advocating for adoption then to help get these cats off the street.

Most cats are indoor cats and in some places it's not legal to have your pet wander around on its own
>>
>>2468143
>You should be advocating for adoption then to help get these cats off the street.
What? You can't adopt feral cats, and half the cats that are feral are owned. Just not taken care of = the point. If you own a cat and it's an outside cat, I hope to god someone kills it. It's not feral cats, its any cat that is outside majority of the time.

If you want a cat get a rag-doll breed, they make good inside cats.
>>
>>2468144
You can adopt stray cats, especially kittens. I know what a fucking outside cat is you mongoloid. Maybe you live in bongistan where they don't give a shit about their pets, but I don't know anyone with an outside cat, and I rarely encounter feral cats running around
>>
>>2468154
>and I rarely encounter feral cats running around
Ya, because you know they are nocturnal hunters, you do not see cats running around. You are simply arguing in my favor, you obviously agree with me.
>>
>>2468156
They aren't actually. Yes they sleep most of the day(and night) but they are awake at dusk and dawn which is when I'm usually walking around or driving. Outdoor cats especially are up longer because they have to be for food.

You know nothing about cats.
>>
>>2468157
>arguing semantics
Like pottery.
>>
>>2468158
>Semantics
>I explain why I would see cats running around, which is relevant to this discussion

You're a dummy. Enjoy hating something you know nothing about.
>>
>>2468162
>if i don't see while i'm driving around in the morning it doesn't exisit
>>
>>2467094
Yes.

Cats are faggots.
>>
>>2467094
Don't do it
>>
>>2467094
Cats are for faggots and women
>>
File: 3.jpg (61KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
61KB, 604x604px
cats can take a while to settle in a new environment and may try to escape

many people put butter on a cats paws during this time, the idea being that the cat is so preoccupied with grooming that it settles down quicker and forgets about running

this doesn't actually work since a cat can clean every last drop of butter off its feet in about a minute but it's funny if you've got wooden floors so try that
>>
File: 12321421414.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
12321421414.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Do you guys think my kot is cute?
>>
>>2469372
Where's the puss's ears

>>2469384
Cute kot. Long leg
>>
File: catterole.jpg (488KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
catterole.jpg
488KB, 3264x2448px
>>2469413
someone put too much butter on them
>>
File: felis the peak.jpg (635KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
felis the peak.jpg
635KB, 1200x1800px
Is it wrong for me to be obsessed with cats?
I really, honest to god love cats. I have several neko posters plastered up all over my house, boy girl, trap, whatever. I can't get enough of their nyaa's and purrs, I always get really sad whenever I see a cat hurt or sad, I feel so connected to them. Sometimes, with my little kitten, I let him lick my tongue and kiss me, it makes me feel more like an inner cat if I can get some of that Saliva, transforming me. Cats really are the peak of mammals, even beyond humans. Nothing will beat the feeling of feeling up a cat in so many ways...
>>
>>2467449
But what if his neighbours own cats as well?
>>
>>2469734
holy shit you're annoying
>>
>>2467449
My dad had 2 kittens and they were outside cats,they ate the food a neighbour made for her cat and she cut the kitten tail and it died of infection
>>
File: 1503931721985.gif (1MB, 180x300px) Image search: [Google]
1503931721985.gif
1MB, 180x300px
>>2467094
Love it
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.