[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fungus on my driftwood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Hey /an/ I got a issue I just set my hermit crab tank about 8 days ago got the hermits 7 and a few days ago this fungu came out of no where. I just need to know are my crabs in danger, what steps should I take to get rid of it and so on. Also I like to try and save the driftwood and ladder but if I can't whatever so whats going on what am I dealing with?
>>
>>
Probably something that eats the driftwood that was dormant on it. Came to life due to the humidity. Most likely harmless to your crabs. Did you wash the wood with hot water and or boil it?
>>
>>2466005
No I didn't I washed everything else. I kinda fucked up on doing the wood.
>>
>>2466011
Usually any driftwood you buy from the store you wanna at least run through hot water and scrub. Lots of dirt and crud stuck to it. Not that it's a big deal, but it can lead to situations like yours. If it's not too much hassle I'd just take it out and do that.
>>
Looks like a Zygomycete like Mucor or something, growing because of high humidity and nice organic matter.

Not a big deal but I wouldn't want my crabs to share their home with that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.