[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishfags, is this bowl/case type thing too small for these fish?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2587.jpg (405KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2587.jpg
405KB, 1440x1920px
Fishfags, is this bowl/case type thing too small for these fish?
>>
>>2465946
yes
>>
>>2465946
Yes, but those fish are so durable they can struggle and rot for many months before dying.
When they are properly cared for, they can live well over twenty years.
>>
>>2465948
So if I were to take care of them properly in this bowl, would they be okay?
>>
>>2465957
I've had goldfish for over 10 years. No anon, they will not be ok. Maybe (that's a very, very tentative maybe) another kind of fish, like a betta, might be ok. But never a goldfish. Absolute best case scenario, they live for several months.
>>
goldfish produce a hilariously large amount of waste for their size and grow much larger than typical purchase size. It's curious that an animal notorious for its relatively extravagant life support requirements is widely kept in the worst possible conditions by millions and millions of people

the real answer: I wouldn't keep goldfish in less than 20 gallons with a high rate of filtration.

shortcut answer: get a 10 gallon on sale or on craigslist for a few bucks, set up a sponge filter for a few more bucks, and frequently clean & change water. still not ideal but miles better than a vase
>>
no oxigenation, no filter, eye damage, yes
>>
>>2465946
They will not be ok and this is not caring for them properly. They will pollute and use up oxygen in the water, causing high acidity to slowly fry their gills before they die a painful death. Go to the pet store today.
>get a 10 gallon tank at least
>with a fucking filter
>put in live plants for even more oxygen
>use water that has been standing overnight to dechlorinate it or 10 gallons of already treated water from the pet store
>a thermometer is also needed
>also ph test kit
>there are drops you can add to condition water as well
>get them healthy food
>put them in a small plastic container with water from their disgusting bowl, let it float in the conditioned tank for a bit
>gently release them

If you want them to live out their full lifespan of 15 years without suffering to death early you'll have to use a much larger tank later on, and clean the current one regularly as goldfish are very dirty fish. Do not get MORE fish. Take care of these ones properly. They're animals just like if you got a dog or a cat and they deserve to be treated properly.

Goldfish can be very rewarding and smart pets, so good luck.
>>
>>2465957
He's being sarcastic. There is no way to "properly take care of them" in a bowl. Fish are not meant to be in bowls
>>
>>2465961
not true.
My stepdad had this goldfish in a fish tank about that size. The only difference is that it also had a powered filter.
Fish was 11 years old and pale white when it died because my mom forgot to feed it.
>>
>>2466231
That's not a fucking tank that's like four cups of water. Maybe he had one fish in 1-2 gallons but otherwise calling your bluff. Filtering a bowl is pointless, especially for 2 fish. You're going to confuse the OP and make him kill his fish.
>>
>>2465946
Yes. That's like asking if it's ok to tape a pair of puppies inside a 2x2 cardboard box, put the box in direct sunlight and let it live in it's own shit.
could they survive for a few days or weeks? maybe. But they're still babies. They can live 20 years if cared for properly. If you have it in a tank like pic related then they can grow very big, the thing is that mis-education about fish care causes most people to kill them as babies.
Tips:
>never use tap water for fish without letting the chlorine evaporate out for a few hours or overnight
>For 2 goldfish you will need about 10-20 gallons
>sponge filter
>regular cleaning
>do your research BEFORE getting pets but please to the humane thing and take care of these ones properly from now on
>>
This is bait.
Google search the minimum requirements for keeping fish. How did you end up on this board before google?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.