[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My lil' boy is spending another night in the animal hospital,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Kat.jpg (606KB, 1980x1485px) Image search: [Google]
Kat.jpg
606KB, 1980x1485px
My lil' boy is spending another night in the animal hospital, he won't go to the litter box and he's not eating. It'll probably okay, he's only four years old and they haven't found anything wrong in his blood or X-ray. Still though, just thinking that he could die has me bawling like a little bitch. Cheer me up /an/
>>
File: 1494780041513.jpg (4MB, 3283x1923px) Image search: [Google]
1494780041513.jpg
4MB, 3283x1923px
>>2465204
It'll be okay anon, I know you're worried and I'm sure your furred friend senses that, but he doesn't have the same concept of life and death as you and as such needs you to help make both of your lives more fulfilling. Go outside, get some fresh air, look at all the life around you, then go give your cat some love. He's happy to have a companion. I'm allergic personally, and dogs are my furred bros more often than not, so here's one that makes me happy.
>>
Maybe his diet is causing problems? What do you feed him?
>>
File: orijen.jpg (393KB, 951x1500px) Image search: [Google]
orijen.jpg
393KB, 951x1500px
>>2465212
Thanks, man

>>2465231
This and Sheba delicacies twice a day, we've tried giving him better wet food, but him and our other cat don't like it as much as sheba. We steer clear of anything with cereals and veggies. We'll see what the vet concludes, I guess, but I think if it's something he ate we must have dropped it on the floor or something. He's quite a little retard, he chews on anything, have to hide all cables and such.
>>
If he's at the vet, he'll be okay.

Had this happen with one of my cats recently, but mine had a sinus infection/severe congestion and could not smell his food, so he wouldn't eat.

They sent me home with an appetite stimulant, a decongestant and some antibiotics and my boy is good as new.

Have they checked his kidneys? Could be some sort of renal problem.
>>
>>2465244
Good to hear, man! I don't know everything they've checked since they've only contacted us once since we left him there but as far as I know they've drawn blood, x-rayed him and they were going to do an ultra sound. They hadn't found anything wrong except for constipation when we heard from them earlier today
>>
File: 1501358565657.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501358565657.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw pupper probably gunna be put down in the coming weeks
>>
File: 1454195420748.jpg (30KB, 358x334px) Image search: [Google]
1454195420748.jpg
30KB, 358x334px
>>2465270
I'm so sorry to hear that, man.
>>
>>2465241
I've seen the combination of lentils, high quality meat content, and lack of moisture in Orijen kibble cause elimination problems in cats. If nothing's coming out, your cat's body is going to tell it to not eat more and back everything up further. It's definitely one of the best kibbles out there, but that doesn't mean it won't ever cause issues. Have you been feeding it for long? It might help to increase the proportion of wet food for awhile until you cat seems to be doing better.
>>
>>2465492
>>2465241
All dry kibble regardless of quality can cause kidney stones or UTIs, apparently almost exclusively in male cats. Not sure why, but possibly because their urethra is longer because penis?

I had a 'crystal' that didn't show up on any tests but by the blood and pain that's what the ER told me I probably passed. It was the most agonizing thing I have ever gone through so now I rate my pain levels to 1-kidney stone.

I feed my male and female cat a mix of dry and wet. They get a cup of high quality kibble and a can of wet food that varies from shit to good each. So far so good with 16 years on female cat and seven years on male cat.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.