[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help. Found wild baby bird.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Found bird.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
Found bird.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Need help.

Yesterday this bird was caught by my cat I'm assuming the bird fell out of its nest. The bird had no blood on it, nor any loss of feathers indicating an attack. I have never taken care of a bird besides a grown parrot. I'll be googling on what I can do but I am thinking you guys would be of much more help.

Some background.
Yesterday afternoon, I came home and day was going on as any other. There are birds outside singing, chirping, fighting among themselves, the whole thing. This birds mother was chirping constantly and relentlessly. At first I didn't think anything of it. After a few minutes, it was concerning because it sounded like it was getting closer and closer. Went outside, and saw our cat sitting next to the bird besides the cars. I thought it was dead already, seeing as the cat was just sitting next to it. Went in for a closer look and it was still moving. Reached to get it but the baby ran from me. The cat got close but did not attack it, why i thought it might of fell off a tree. We have a parrot and the cat knows not to attack it. I think the cat made a connection between birds and not attacking them. Got the bird, looked for wounds, and placed it on top of the car. Now this is where my idiocy shows because I was hoping that the bird would come down to the car, and carry it away. I really do not know if the bird can do such a thing. I did it several times, Openly showed the baby bird to its mother that it was in my hands trying to let it know I am not hurting your child. After some time of this not working, I just went outside and sat on a chair observing the mother. I noticed she always goes to this one tree in particular. Thinking the nest could be there. I went over to the neighbors and asked if i can look around that tree to return her baby. I looked through but I have a fear of spiders ever since i've gotten bit by one a couple years back. I looked as best as i could but couldn't find it. While looking the mother of the house came out,
>>
Fledgling is being fed and taken care by parents. A fledling is supposed to walk on floor level until it can fly and survive on its own.
Put it back and them alone
>>
>>2465152
Cont.

We couldn't talk with one another because of our language barrier. She made gestures of placing the bird in this tree here. Left it there, and went on my way. Checked periodically outside to see if the mother was near the tree. Took the bird out and placed it back in making absolutely sure the mother saw it. Came back for one more visit and the mother of the house came back making gestures saying that the mom is coming back to visit the baby and feeding it. Fast forward to today and the mother of the house came with the bird to my house. If i read her gestures right, the bird must of kept falling off. So she gave it to me and now here i am. One thing i did forget to mention was how the mother bird was attacking my cat. No contact was made but it sweep in real close like it was a hawk catching its prey. Again i dont think my cat attacked it since it had no marks. But the mother was extremely unpleasant with my cat. Also, whenever i was outside yesterday, the mother bird will squawk at me, Not in an offensive way, more like it was trying to tell me something. My guess it wanted its baby back in its nest but i couldn't find it and I don't really want to dig in a spider infested tree.

I can provide more pictures if you want.

I would like a guess on what kind of species this is. I am in southern California,
>>
>>2465156
That was a quicker response than I would of hoped for. So I should let nature takes it course? My concern being is we have cats in our neighborhood. This bird just got lucky it was my cat who was around and not some other one. Where is the best place to leave it? Will it be okay to nature it a bit before releasing it?
>>
>>2465163
>Where is the best place to leave it?
where you found it
>Will it be okay to nature it a bit before releasing it?
no
>>
>>2465165
Well damn. Thank you for your quick responses.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.