[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun Dinosaur Facts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0711.jpg (57KB, 945x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.jpg
57KB, 945x531px
Did you know that the peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus) is one of the fastest dinosaurs of all time? Reaching speeds of over 200 miles per hour while diving in on prey this feathery predator is at home in both wild open fields and atop busy city scapes!
The peregrine falcon has pointed long wings making it a heavy wing loading, and rapid wingbeats yet provide an energetically expensive high speed.
>>
surely the purpose of this thread isn't to start a pedantic debate about taxonomy
>>
>>2465047
Here we go again!
>>
File: Maniraptora2.webm (3MB, 650x364px) Image search: [Google]
Maniraptora2.webm
3MB, 650x364px
>>
are birds living proof that dinosaurs had feathers?
>>
>>2465047
fun fact, the closest living relative of the compsognatus is the tyrannosaurus rex
>>
>>2465664
fun fact: abelisaurids where probably quadruped
>>
fun fact, sauropods are technically birds and therefor feathered and capable of flight
>>
fun fact; dimetrodon is my favorite dinosaur
>>
fun fact: stegosaurus is still alive in africa
>>
Fun fact. Dinosaurs were reptiles, not fucking birds.
>>
fun fact: pterodactyls probably fished fish and trilobites, amonites and early cavemen out of the water to feed to their young
>>
fun fact: your sibling will grow to the size of a shantungosaurus if you feed your baby brother 3kg of lettuce every day
>>
>>2465224
>everyone was having fun until that faggot came
>>
>>2465679
birds and reptiles are pretty close though
>>
>>2465664
>>2465670
>>2465671
>>2465674
>>2465677
>>2465679
>>2465681
>>2465682
>>2465692

WOWSERS are these all true?
>>
File: 1481624303394.jpg (56KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
1481624303394.jpg
56KB, 550x310px
>>2465709
>fun fact: stegosaurus is still alive in africa

>WOWSERS are these all true?
>>
Fun fact: Dinosaurs were not fucking reptiles
>>
If dinosaurs had feathers does that mean they flew south for the winter? Then why didn't they just fly away from the ice age? checkmate atheists
>>
>>2465871
Are you retarded? The meteors split Pangea apart and since they weren't adapted to long continuous flights they drowned in the ocean.
>>
>>2465845
They had scales. The fossil of the ankylosaur that was recently discovered proved this. Not a feather in sight. Much more reptilian looking than avian.
>>
>>2465892
what if 'scale' is just the dinosaur word for 'feather'?
>>
>>2465709
only this one is true >>2465692
>>
>>2465871
You can literally just search it up on wikipedia for its taxonomy you fucktard
>>
>>2465915
Surely you didn't just edit the page :^)
>>
>>2465895
But you would still translate it to/from English as feather.
>>
Were dinosaurs reptiles? Srs
>>
>>2465047
Did you know there is a species of fish that learned how to build airplanes?
>>
>>2465224
Wait so what happened? Is the first one dead? Did that bird fly off?
>>
>>2465664
>T.rex
>closest living relative
Um I don't know how to tell you this...
>>
>>2465892
I don't think they were avian but we're their scales actually scales? Keratin is weird shit. Did they have both?
>>
>>2465917
Good point tho, but i didn't no xD but honestly now, wikipedia is a pretty good tool to keep track of the taxonomy of certain species and its never a bad thing to read a little here and there, just a recommendation tho :o) i dont want to force anyone
>>
>>2465679
birds are reptiles, dingus
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.