[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some dogs run away and some stay near you? And can you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Why do some dogs run away and some stay near you? And can you train the ones who run off to stay by you?

My dog won't always come back to put the lead on but she'll always keep an eye on you. If you leave her line of sight she'll come running. Our friend owns her brother and he doesn't give a shit where you or his owner are. Off the leash he'll just do what he wants, doesn't even look at you and has run off more than once.

They're both desexed herding dogs but I'd be interested to hear about other breeds.
>>
>>2465031

It's about training

Some people can walk their dogs 24/7 without a leash, and the dog never strays more than a couple of meters away
>>
>>2465039
The thing is we never really trained my dog not to leave our sight.

I would say they're on a pretty even level of training and are both bonded to their owners. They're also the same breed mix and age which is why I find it interesting that they're so different.
>>
>>2465039
What about those stories about certain breeds having no sense of direction.
>>
>>2465039
not always. there are just some dogs that you will never be able to fully trust off a leash. huskies and sighthounds, for example. it doesn't matter how well you train them--it might make them think twice about bolting after a rabbit, but thinking doesn't mean much when their second thought comes after they're already 500 yards away.
>>
>>2465057

What do you call a Great Pyrenees who is off leash?

A disa-pyr.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.