[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to buy a mink. Persuade me not to.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: AutismoRat.jpg (308KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
AutismoRat.jpg
308KB, 1000x667px
I really want to buy a mink.

Persuade me not to.
>>
>>2464168
buy two pairs of male and female. that way they will breed quicker and more. you will be able to sell the furs and make bank
>>
Even after cleaning the cage everyday the smell is absolutely horrible. Not cuddle animals either
>>
thanks for reminding me of Minerva Mink
>>
>Day 1
Holy shit, they are so cute and cool! I'm such a badass for owning an exotic wild animal! Look at them go!
>Day 10
They're so cool, I wish they'd show me some affection though, like a real pet
>Day 30
I can't go on vacation with you man, I need to feed those smelly assholes every day and no one will take care of them for me
>>
>>2464177
dont listen to this guy, op. endure not being able to go on vacation then in 5 years after selling thousands of furs you can go on permanent vacation
>>
File: Storm_the_polecat.jpg (377KB, 656x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Storm_the_polecat.jpg
377KB, 656x1024px
>>2464168
hey OP,
My grandpa had a mink, it was the cutest better on the planet i swear.

As an adult i actually ended up opted for a pet polecat for the following reasons:

-minks are fast. Really fast. and they can jump and climb. very little is off-limits to them unless they get overweight
-polecats can still jump but they arent quite as good at climbing. theyre also only as fast as ferrets which is really not very fast
-you run into immunization issues with minks. because you can just use ferret vaccines on a polecat you dont have to worry as muchabout your pet getting distemper or anything
-ive found that polecats just make a better pet in my opinion. they love cuddles and they stick to you like glue (which is something i like)
-because they have no homing sense theres a huge concern about minks escaping your home. theyre fast and will totally bolt out your door if given the chance, because of that, minks HAVE to live in a cage (and wild animals dont really do well mentally in cages). My polecat just kinda roams free like a cat

minks are 100 times cuter though for sure. but i think that if you would be happy with a pet mink, then you will be really, really happy with a pet polecat.
>>
>>2464616
That is significantly cuter than OP's pic.
>>
>>2464616
Or just get a ferret
>>
File: mink attacking bird.jpg (163KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
mink attacking bird.jpg
163KB, 800x549px
>>2464168
Unless you hand raise it from when it's a baby it'll be very aggressive, and even if you do that it'll only be sociable with you, not other humans. Minks are vicious animals that kill everything.
>>
>>2465048
relevant article

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/05/farm-confessional-minks-escape-farms-train-hunt/
>>
>>2465055
I've always wondered how well mink would tolerate hunting along the coast.
>>
>>2464616

What about odor/scent? Did you have a male or female?
>>
>>2464616
totes adorbs desu

Does it smell?
>>
How to minks compare to ferrets?
>>
Does a mink-ferret hybrid make a better pet?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.