[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ID These little fellas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170824_190528.jpg (3MB, 3480x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170824_190528.jpg
3MB, 3480x4640px
Hey /an/ons, sorry to post yet another ID thread but the folks at Petco were unsurprisingly unable to identify these little guys. My dogs screwed up their burrow almost all day so I figured the parents are long gone by now. They were just in my yard in Houston TX, but I haven't been able to find anything that looks like them. Does anyone have any ideas what they are?
>>
They are rabbit kits and you should put them back. Mother rabbits only stay at the burrow for a few minutes at a time.
>>
File: IMG_20170824_202853.jpg (2MB, 3480x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170824_202853.jpg
2MB, 3480x4640px
Here's another pic. They have small hairless tails so it seems like rabbits, squirrels and rats are out of the running. My guess was some sort of Vole
>>
File: IMG_20170824_202908.jpg (2MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170824_202908.jpg
2MB, 4640x3480px
>>2463861
Oh damn, wouldn't the mother reject them at this point? I'll put em back soon if they're rabbits, hope they make it
>>
>>2463867
No, the mother rejecting them thing is a myth both in rabbits and in birds, but you need put them back exactly where you got them ASAP.
>>
>>2463867
Nah. Put them back and cover them with whatever original nesting material and fur you can find.

I'd say set up a camera if you could since if the mother does not return in 24 hours you will have to intervene since you fucked up bad. Home depo might sell a cheap motion activated trail cam.
Also stop touching baby animals. Keep your dogs on a leash when they go outside otherwise they will raid the nest again. With the mother, they will grow up before you know it.

If you absolutely have too, take them to a wildlife rehab and get some kitten milk like KMR because they probably haven't eaten in awhile now.
>>
>>2463876
>>2463885
Thanks anons, already fed them with some kitten formula when I first got them. Just about to put them back now, but I'm a little worried about Hurricane Harvey and the ensuing flood. Would it be possible to put them somewhere nearby but still on the property so long as we left them with some nesting material? Probably not but as is already established I don't know my ass from my elbow regarding these things
>>
>>2463908
Nah. Very unlikely. Rabbits aren't too smart.
>>
>>2463859
Petco couldn't recognize a rabbit, huh?

They're going to die.
>>
>>2463859
>>2464656
>Expecting any random pet store retail worker to recognize every animal species some stupid fuck plucks out of the woods.

Christ, I thought at least /an/ would be smarter than this. Most of the people in big name pet stores will likely never see a rabbit kit since most of the mammals that come in are juveniles to adults.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.