[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pet Fox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: little-red-fox_4893.jpg (22KB, 234x350px) Image search: [Google]
little-red-fox_4893.jpg
22KB, 234x350px
Hey all, im planning on getting a fox kit next year.
Do any of you have one, can you give any tips?
Also i have a cat, will they fight over the litter box? I'll get a seperate one for the fox ofcourse but still.
>>
>>2463785
>Litter box
>Fox

Oh boy, you don't really know what you are getting into.
>>
File: 1304102.png (14KB, 196x200px) Image search: [Google]
1304102.png
14KB, 196x200px
>Also i have a cat, will they fight over the litter box?
>>
>>2463785
unless the fox ancestors has been breed to be domesticated for generations your new "pet" will make your life a nightmare and once you decide to put at end to it you'll have to options: kill it quickly or let it die slowly
>>
>>2463785
This is good bait
>>
>>2463801
'domesticated' foxes are still nightmares.
>>
Foxes don't make very good pets like dogs or cats. If you really want a wild animal, get a parrot or a lizard, not a fox.
>>
>>2463838
Parrots of all types are very demanding too, anon. In fact, I'd argue the larger ones like macaws or cockatoos are even more of a commitment than something like a fox.
>>
>>2463848
This. A fox will spend most of its time on its own, a parrot will eat your liver 24/7.
>>
Many people abandon foxes, because they thought foxes would be just an orange dog.

Foxes are not domesticated like dogs, they are handsome and all but they are shit pets.
>>
File: sneaky_pupper.jpg (226KB, 700x848px) Image search: [Google]
sneaky_pupper.jpg
226KB, 700x848px
>>2463785
I also want a fox, and have done a lot of research, please for the live of all that is holy do the same.

Foxes will NOT get along with cats, they are skittish, and WILL feel threatened by a cat's general assholery.

Second, foxes are EXTREMELY territorial over their areas, sharing a little box will only spike the tension even higher.

And third, KNOW YOUR BREED. Red foxes are the cutest, but probably the most difficult to work with. They piss everywhere to mark things, even their water bowls. I would absolutely recommend a Grey depending on whete you live, they are much more docile ane generally stupider, so they can be taught and trained easier.

Another thing, foxes are incredibly intelligent, you WILL have to child-proof your house, and I mean your entire house. Foxes are like dogs with the energy of a squirrel and the mannerisms of a cat, they cannot be left alone for long periods of time, especially if you have other pets.
>>
>>2463785
I am sad that you are doing so. The breeding of wild animals should not be supported.i know they are adorable but go get a stuff animal
>>
>>2464239
Life of wild animals is shit. Fear, hunger, misery and untimely death from violence or disease. If anything we should be putting extra effort into saving everything we can from nature, rather than venerating its bullshit.
>>
>>2464462
But the vast majority of pet owners are shit and have no idea whatsoever how to take care of a wild animal. Better to have a natural life than spend it locked up in a room wasting away due to malnutrition.
>>
File: 1497859090690.png (368KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497859090690.png
368KB, 479x640px
you have to force them to cuddle with you A LOT while theyre kits. like a LOT. naturally they dont like being held so its a constant and uphill battle to get them to enjoy cuddles.

AND because theyre more wild than dogs you cannot train them like a dog - you have to train them more like how you train pet raccoons or pet wolves.
>>
File: 1503008516076.jpg (60KB, 576x428px) Image search: [Google]
1503008516076.jpg
60KB, 576x428px
Very few of the people who go and get wild animals as pets actually enjoy having a wild animal as a pet. Do you work from home by chance? because you pretty much cannot leave a wild animal alone for 8 hours a day, they get nutty and behave really REALLY badly towards you and will intentionally act up by peeing and shitting everywhere and pretty much just anything trying to get negative attention.

If you cant accomodate a pet that has to be your shadow, you probably shouldnt get one.

exotics are really rewarding, but they need a lot from you, and you have to be positive that you can keep the animal happy and healthy or youre gunna have a bad time.

also foxes are cute af
>>
>>2464479
So introduce customer checks, tighten your licensing and crack down on unlicensed breeders. You can't buy a Russian tame fox until the eggheads over there are convinced you can care for it properly.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.