[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rescue animal happy endings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (385KB, 1567x1170px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385KB, 1567x1170px
Hey /an/ can we have some success stories? Happy endings?
I've been fostering for a while now and lost my first animal We picked up a five week old kitten yesterday and she was so badly infested with fleas she was dehydrated and anemic. We got an emergency vet appointment for her but she didn't make it.
We took her remaining litter mate earlier today, he's quite anemic and fatigued too but much better off than his sister so I think he'll pull through. Pic related, we named him Romeo

Anybody have any happier endings to cheer me up? Does anyone else foster?
>>
>>2463652
Not a foster, but we were looking at a Rottweiler on a shelters Facebook page and immediately called to make sure she was still there, to our surprise she was. When we got there we realized it was because she was shy, didn't like to be pet much, and has a skin condition. The shelter told us that when she showed up there her skin was so bad she barely had any hair and was emaciated. We ended up taking her home and now her skin has completely healed and she's actually the more friendly of our two dogs. I take her to the dog park all the time and she prefers to hang out with the people and get loved on
>>
I don't foster, but I've been known to take in animals.
I was in Mexico for a year and they actually sell baby pigeons for food and medicine.
Some guy bought me two knowing I loved birds and I fed them rolled up tortillas and bred and bird formula for about a month and a half until they started flying. Then I let them outside and they'd come up to my window in the mornings and I'd go outside and pet them and give them some bread and water. Some nights I'd take them back inside and they'd sleep in their old nesting box. I'd take them around to where other pigeons eat and hang out so they know all of the cool spots to hang out like their father would teach them.
After about two weeks of them sometimes showing up in the mornings and nights they came to visit me one last time. I picked them up and pet them and they were gone after that.
I saw them plenty of times before I left
They assimilated into the giant flock nearby.

Then my current pet pigeon was going to die of paramyxovirus because I got him from a hoarder, but now I kind of rescue him every day. He can't feed himself or fly so every morning I hand feed him.
>>
>>2463656
Fuck man. Right in the feelers.
>>
My 3 cats were part of a litter of 6 whose mother died when they were 2 weeks old. They were found by a rescue and split up into two groups for fosters to bottle feed. They almost didn't make it, especially not the runt. My family had only wanted 2 cats, but we didn't have the heart to leave the last brother behind, and the shelter offered us a special deal to take all 3.

4 and a half years later, they're happy, healthy adults and the best of buds, always cuddling and allogrooming and playing together. If one of them has a hairball or gets accidentally stepped on or something, the others will go over to check that he/she is okay, and lick their head a couple times. My dad and I built them a huge cat tree that leads up to a "kitty highway" divider wall that stretches through the 3 main rooms of the house. They spend all day watching birds, squirrels, and buns through our big bay windows and get to go out for supervised outdoor time in our big fenced-in garden. They are so happy.

Keep doing what you do, OP. Fostering is such important work.
>>
File: image.jpg (487KB, 1852x1383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
487KB, 1852x1383px
>>2463654
>>2463656
>>2464170

Thanks guys, it feels good hearing about stuff like this, especially rescue animals because once they get adopted out I don't know how they're doing. Your animal buddies are lucky to have you guys.

Btw, Romeo saw the vet today and is doing much better already. Strong enough to play now, so I think he'll be fine.
>>
>>2463652
>>2464605
Romeo is cute as hell
>>
>>2463656
I'm getting my paramyxo pigeon a gf now.
He hasn't been able to get a girl because he was so contagious for so long and didn't seem to interested in one.
His girl's going to be crippled too. A little pigeon at the pound was attacked by a hawk and can't fly now due to some kind of permanent nerve damage in her wings.
I just thought it would be heart warming enough to share.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.