[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog pissed himself and went into shock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170812_171410.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_171410.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
Hey, /an/ my dog has some serious issues. When he was a baby he was found with a gash in his head and his skull exposed and was nursed back to health and bottle fed at the shelter until he was old enough to be up for adoption. He's been depressed his whole life and scared of everything and tonight he just lost it.

It's 3am and he bursts the door open with his nose and I have a hamper in front of it because the chinchilla was out and I move the hamper to yell at him about breaking an entry and he runs in and stops in place with his tail between his legs and all four paws spread out like a deer on ice. He pissed himself right there and the first thing I though was "oh shit he has rabies" he was completely unresponsive and wouldn't walk. He saw my bf holding our chihuahua and jumped onto the bed. He didn't try to bite or anything but he had a hard time getting up and went back to standing with his legs spread out and pissed all over my bed.
I went to wake up my mom to ask her if he had his rabies vaccination and she said yeah and the dog snaps out of it. He's currently outside and my mom said he's done that once during a thunderstorm.

It looked just like that video of the cat with rabies, though.
( https://youtu.be/H8fbAFOMTp4 ) And he's been chasing some pack rats in the garage who could/probably have diseases and he killed two cats and ate some of one that came into the back yard.
Is it possible that he could have rabies?
What the hell is wrong with my good boy?
(pic related is my dog last week before he started acting weird)
Please help /an/ I'm really shook up from the whole thing as it just happened a few minutes ago.
I'll definitely take him to the vet, but I'm worried that immediate action/advice is what I need right now considering how strange the whole thing was.
>>
>>2463368
>killed 2 cats
>ate some cat
>chased pack rats

Are you baiting?
>>
That doesn't really sound like rabies.

So he pissed on the floor and the bed? Sure he didn't have a stroke?

My last dog started stumbling around and wet himself during a stroke. Then proceeded to wander around whining like he was confused for the next hour before snapping out of it.
>>
stroke or seizure probably. but who knows what it could be if you let him loose to eat vermin.
>>
>>2463370
No, the rats we have traps for and seem to be gone completely. The cats snuck into the back yard to kill my chickens and my dogs killed them.
>>2463402
I don't let him. The pack rats decided to live in my garage because I had the chicken's coop set up in there. One of them died in the backyard and I found its body. I'm sure the dogs must have sniffed or licked it at some point, being dogs and all.

I don't let him kill things. I don't like that he's killed cats or tried to kill road runners. I'm just happy he's done so well trying to protect my chickens.

From what I'm seeing it might be extreme fear, but I have no idea what might have spooked him.
>>
>>2463375
It could have been a stroke, but he's a young healthy dog. He's only about 3.
And it seemed like he kind of chose to lock himself up. I mean, if he had a stroke wouldn't it be impossible for him to jump on the bed?
>>
>>2463407
>young and healthy dog
>your original post literally described how he had a major traumatic head injury as a baby that exposed his skull

It likely affected his brain and you're now seeing the effects. What you described sounded like a seizure or stroke and nothing like rabies at all, except in the very final stages where you would have noticed symptoms before then. Take your dog to the vet and ask. Not about rabies.
>>
>>2463410
Yeah, I brought up the head injury because that was definitely a possibility.

He's been healthy so far, though. He's never shown any signs that would lead me to believe his head injury was affecting him even as a puppy. There's only a tiny scar.

He's going to go to the vet within the next month, because this shit isn't normal.
>>
>>2463405
>The cats snuck into the back yard to kill my chickens and my dogs killed them.
i wish my dog would do that too
>>
>>2463425
He loves those goddamned chickens.
I caught him trying to breast feed one of them
>>
>>2463368
>I'll definitely take him to the vet, but I'm worried that immediate action/advice is what I need right now

What the fuck do you think taking him to the vet is if not immediate action?
>>
>>2463413
>He's going to go to the vet within the next month
he'll probably be dead before then. don't fuck around with possible brain damage.
>>
>>2463576
Well, I meant that night at 3 am.
>>2463580
Thats a really good point. I just don't have the money right this second. Fuck it, though. I'd rather not eat for a few weeks than have my good boy die a preventable death.
>>
Sounds like some type of seizure.

I'd take him to the vet ASAP.
>>
I have an epileptic dog, I can be wrong but I guess that it wasn't a seizure (and that's bad because I think that he had stroke).
On the other hand stress and fear can trigger an episode.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.