[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I caught a little caterpillar, bloody bastard was munching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

So I caught a little caterpillar, bloody bastard was munching on the aromatics I grow in my garden.
How do I make it turn into a butterfly?
>>
Let him keep eating
>>
>>2462679
Not my fucking aromatics though. Is eating all that's really needed?
Any favourite foods you know of?
>>
>>2462684
>Any favourite foods you know of?
Clearly, your aromatics.
>>
>>2462684
Depends on the type of caterpillar
>>
>>2462689
:(
>>
File: IMG_20170823_170754~01.jpg (166KB, 1296x761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170823_170754~01.jpg
166KB, 1296x761px
I gave it a piece of bell pepper and it chomped right through it, now it's sitting it out.
Trying some different kinds of leaves to see what it likes.

This is what it looks like anyway, about 3 cm long, northern Europe.
>>
>>2462715
>sitting
shitting
>>
>>2462715
Not an expert or anything, but I bet it's going to be a moth.
>>
>>2462677
Have you tried hugging it?
>>
you have to make it fight other animals till it levels up enough
>>
No idea about the species but if it manages to make a chrysalis then you can increase its chances of survival by covering it with a bug net.
Obviously the space shouldn't be too small and once it's reached the adult stage it should be released after a few hours (not instantly, it needs to dry its wings first) ; a bucket is more than enough, maybe even a large mug can do.

Regarding the food, just leave it on a bunch of different leaves or pieces of vegetables and see what it goes for
>>
File: 1476709042804.png (711KB, 736x741px) Image search: [Google]
1476709042804.png
711KB, 736x741px
>be 7 years old
>get some caterpillars in the garden
>fuck yeah caterpillars
>I'm the coolest kid in the school
>gonna attract the finest 2nd grade bitches with my butterflies
>hype.png
>wake up one day to discover shrivelled caterpillars being devoured by several hundred wasp larvae

I'm scared of keeping caterpillars to this day.
>>
Fuck lads, I think it's dying

I gave it some basil since the little shit was so fond of herbs, and it ate a big hole in the leaf. Now it's barely moving (even if I touch it), the poop is much chunkier and has a thing all around it (literally shitting its guts out?), and it's """puking""".
Fuck.
>>
>>2462870
They rest too and do not eat constantly, the little fella is probably fine
>>
>>2462881
yeah but do they puke and shit their gut lining out?
>>
>>2462894
Sounds like a caterpillar virus.
>>
>>2462825
raise wasps then
>>
>>2462976
fuck wasps honestly
>>
>>2462998
I'd rather not
>>
Good news folks, it's still alive! It ate some more overnight, poop looks normal, and there's no puke.
>>
File: cat1.webm (2MB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
cat1.webm
2MB, 253x200px
look at this happy motherfucker eating all dat apricot
also it completely snobbed a piece of banana i gave it
>>
>>2463418
Looks qt and fat, should start making its cocoon/shedding its skin soon; remember to give it a slightly rough surface to stick to and hang down
>>
File: cat2.webm (2MB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
cat2.webm
2MB, 278x200px
Now here's something interesting: you can clearly see blood pumping when it's eating, but not when it's sleeping.

>>2463463
What do you recommend? Right now it's in a ceramic bowl with just some food, but I was thinking of putting it in a small flower pot with a larger variety of food and some twigs to hang from.
>>
>>2463418
Why does it get an apricot and not me :(((( apricots are spensive as shit now
>>
>>2463478
stop being poor
>>
>>2463476
Both are fine as long as the sides are not too steep or smooth, but even if they are putting a towel or piece of cloth over them should make it possible for it to climb up.

And again, some kind of coverage, to protect them from other insects if you leave it outside, to not have it fly around your house if it emerges while you're absent and to stop it from just going outside of the container where it wouldn't find anything to hang from
>>
>>2462677
Some guy named Eric Carl wrote a manual specifically for turning caterpillars into butterflies. I think he used to do it professionally.
>>
It died :(
>>
>>2463418
>>2463476
Those are cats?
>>
File: 41zqrOnjpTL.jpg (31KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
41zqrOnjpTL.jpg
31KB, 500x345px
Just follow this guidebook on how to raise catterpillars to adulthood.
It gives an easy to follow day-by-day feeding plan.
>>
>>2464846
ies

>>2463787
>>2464854
ha ha ha ha ha ha
>>
>>2464836
F
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.