[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feed Me! Ever seen one of these? A roach's nightmare.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1721.jpg (82KB, 752x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1721.jpg
82KB, 752x531px
Feed Me! Ever seen one of these? A roach's nightmare.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170821-233346.jpg (173KB, 1076x562px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170821-233346.jpg
173KB, 1076x562px
>>2462567
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>2462760
newfag
>>
>>2462567
Only in captivity, since I live in America.
>>2462760
A Solifugid, often referred to as a Sun Spider, though more-closely related to scorpions. Their pedipalps terminate in a suction cup-like structure, which allows them to snag prey and bring them into their enormous chelicerae.
>>
>>2462776
where do they live?
>>
>>2463034
On the sun like he said
>>
>>2462567
Oh god. I have a pretty shameful story about one of these.

>be me
>chilling in my room around 3pm with my pigeon out playing with his toys on the floor
>see some kind of giant ass scorpion run by mere inches away from my sweet little feather bud
>put pigeon in the living room to watch some tv whike I move furniture around try to find the fuck
>call my friend to stay on the phone with me in case I get stung or bit by whatever the hell it is
>poke it with a stick to draw it out
>fucker runs towards me at full speed
>trap him underneath a plastic Tupperware bowl
>tell my boyfriend about the thing, he tells me it's a vinegaroon and I should just kill it because it will be too dangerous to release.
>smash the thing and bury him outside.

I still feel awful about this. Had I known it was a harmless camel spider I would have just put it outside after a nice meal of crickets.
I was just so frazzled after having to hunt the thing down and thinking it was a scorpion and seeing it so close to my pigeon that a scorpion could easily have killed. I was so frightened and upset that this venomous beast had crossed into my territory and threatened the lives of every bird in it. I just killed it.
I think these guys are even cute when they're not making me fear for my birds safety.
>>
>>2463650
>vinegaroon
>dangerous
wow, you sure aren't the brightest. probs trailer park trash
>>
>>2463650
Vinegaroons are even more harmless than solifugids so if it makes you feel better your boyfriend's should be even more ashamed than you.
>>
>>2463668
>>2463659
this
>>
>>2463659
>>2463668
Well shit I know that now.
My thing is birds, not archnids.
I've never seen either of those before in my life.
>>
>>2463650
>boyfriend

queer
>>
>>2462765
Didn't know thats what newfags looked like.
>>
>>2462776
Because we don't gave them in california, no sir. Not one. Certainly not hundreds of thousands.
>>
>>2462776
So they are like a scorpion Kirby?
>>
File: Good post.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Good post.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>2464876
>>
File: 19752483965_6f03d53524_b.jpg (188KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
19752483965_6f03d53524_b.jpg
188KB, 1024x683px
I've kept a few native to Arizona. They're massive spazzes that have suction cups on their pedipalps, so they can retardedly try to scale smooth surfaces with limited success, but enough to spook you. Their bite sucks ass, but it's not dangerous. Hatching babies and raising them is next to impossible, so there will never be a good captive population of them. Adults only live for a few months in the best case scenario.

Would still buy a Rhagodes species and keep it, even if I'll be out $50+ when it fucking dies in a few weeks. That genus has one of the only venomous species of solifugid, but it has no delivery mechanism for that venom.
>>
Haven't seen one of these since I left the sandbox, there were all sorts of stories about them you'd hear from the guys who've deployed before, most are bullshit though
>>
>>2462776
they are called sun spiders yet their formal name means that they avoid sun

wtf?
>>
>>2463701
Girls actually post on /an/, one of the few boards where that happens

Pussy
>>
I heard of someone who used these to clear roaches out of his garage. I recently had a problem myself because my neighbor has an infestation and they started wandering into my garage but some liquid bait and dia earth has taken care of the population, from what I can tell. At least im not having to go out daily to sweep all the corpses out, and havent seen a roach for a week despite my nocturnal habits.
Either way, pretty cool spooders.
>>
>>2465274
You don't have to pretend to be a girl, it's OK to be gay.
>>
>>2463034
The Sahara and some Asian deserts.
>>
>>2465239
You can definitely tell from this specimen their close kinship to scorpions.
>>
>>2465239
>one of the only venomous species of solifugid, but it has no delivery mechanism for that venom.
What a fucking failure.
>>
>>2465259
Because they run towards shades, people who don't know this get scared when they see those fast motherfuckers running at them.
>>2465157
kek
>>
>>2465302
>it's OK to be gay.
don't be fooled like this folks
>>
>>2465327
There also in the Mojave desert along with vinegaroons.
>>
>>2465140

I found one in my bed at 3 AM one night. The thing was brushing against my side. I threw the sheet back and it made a face like >>2462567

Spiders and other arthropods don't bug me, but ever since these guys have unnerved me, even though I know they're harmless.
>>
>Feed me
Nah.
>>
>>2465506
>>
>>2462567
perhaps there is truth in sand madness
>>
>>2465431
Didn't know that. Don't live there, either. So, I guess you can find these in almost every desert.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.