[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kittens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Suzume.jpg (54KB, 594x595px) Image search: [Google]
Suzume.jpg
54KB, 594x595px
Lads, I need your help.

Hey /an/ first time posting here. So since the past week, I have been hearing kitten meows in the narrow corridor near house and when I looked I only found a big black cat and kept hearing the meows after that so I just supposed it was the big cat causing it since the corridor doesn't have any hiding places.

Today, I decide to recheck it again fully after hearing the meows again but couldn't find anything until I noticed fur behind the water heater and I started tapping gently on the heater yet the fur didn't move so I started saying ksksks and suddenly the fur turns out to be the black cat and it had small kittens under it behind the heater.

I have always wanted to have a pet cat but my parents never allowed it but I think this time is my chance if it's God's will. How do I take one without making their mother angry? Should I wait for them to grow older? What if they left?

TL;DR found a bunch of kitten with their mom in my house and I want to have one as a pet, what's the best way to go about doing that?
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
You haven't provided much information at all, sorry. How old are the kittens, is an important one - taking one that's too young could kill it since they need their mothers milk.

And there's also a lot of effort that goes into adopting a stray cat, for all you know they could be riddled with parasites and diseases that'd require treatment before you take them in, otherwise your place could get infested with fleas or worse.

Mother cats in my experience aren't actually that protective of their babies as dogs and some other animals. If you can get them, just grabbing a kitten and getting it inside should be enough, I don't expect you'd be attacked at all unless you actively backed them all into a corner.
>>
>>2461883
Sorry about that. I think they're around week old at most since I only started hearing the meows a week ago plus they can't even open their eyes from what I've seen. Mother cat ran away when I got near her kittens so I was surprised because they usually don't let a person near their kittens.

>riddled with parasites and diseases
Can newly born ones have those too?
>>
>>2461886
Yes newborns get parasites and diseases.

Wait until the kittens are older, like 5-6 weeks. Don't touch them until then, that could lead to serious issues for them as they grow older both physical and emotional.

Just wait until they're walking around on their own and bring one in. Make sure you take it to the vet, and make sure you have enough time in your life now to care for a kitten, they're a lot more high maintenance than an adult.

If you're just looking for a free cat, you can go to the animal shelter and adopt an adult one for extremely cheap if not free. They need homes and are much easier to care for
>>
>>2461886
If they're that young then definitely don't interfere with them, you'll just end up with a dead kitten.

And yes, newborns can have both, but you shouldn't even be thinking about taking a newborn cat. Most shelters will just euthanize them if they get them due to the level of care needed.
>>
>>2461892
>>2461894

I'd love to go to an animal shelter to adopt a cat but the thing is I live in a third world country and I extremely doubt that we'd have something even remotely close to an animal shelter especially for cats. Our streets are filled with cats but they run away as soon as you glance towards them.

>Wait until the kittens are older, like 5-6 weeks
What if they ran away?
>Don't touch them until then
Can't pet them a bit every now and then?
>Just wait until they're walking around on their own and bring one in
Is it true that a mother cat goes crazy and started following you if you take one of her kitten?
>>
>>2461895
If you interact with a kitten too much the mother will reject them and they will die if not adequately cared for. A mother cat will not go chasing after her kittens if one is kidnapped
>>
>>2461895
>What if they ran away?
Then you don't get your cat. You could try feeding the mother to get her used to you beforehand.
>Don't touch them until then
Not when they're tiny and helpless. When/if the mother starts to get more comfortable with you then you can try petting them to get them used to you, but only when they're old enough to walk around on their own.
>Is it true that a mother cat goes crazy and started following you if you take one of her kitten?
No. Cats have a pretty clinical policy of cutting their losses, especially if they have other kittens. Taking one away from her might make her temporarily spooked, but she'll assume you ate it rather than adopted it and won't expect or try to get it back. Assuming she even understands you did it.
>>
>>2461899
Oh shit, thank you for telling me then. I will stay away from them. Can I throw some food to the mother though?

>>2461905
What's the best way to get the mother to like me? I threw some meat for her but so far she hasn't returned to eat it and now ants are all over it. The place where they are at is so narrow and I don't want her to think I'm cornering her for the obvious reasons.
>>
>>2461907
Feeding her and being patient are all you can really do.
>>
>>2461912
Thank you very much for your help
>>
File: catbin.jpg (108KB, 1024x807px) Image search: [Google]
catbin.jpg
108KB, 1024x807px
>>2461872
You're a good person OP. For now, I would keep following the advice in this thread until the kittens are more grown. It might be hard, but just watch from a distance for now - mama cat knows what she's doing. You can leave food if you want.
>>
>>2461940
Thanks man, I really appreciate your advice. I'm gonna write up this date so I know how old they are.
>>
I've got another question. How do I take one when they are older? Just grab it and take it home? Won't it start fighting back?
>>
>>2462352
Pretty much just grab it. Once they are about 5 weeks they can start eating solid food iirc. At that time start putting food out for them and hang around so they get used to you. Ideally, at least one will take a liking to you and go up to you for pets. Once it's old enough, just take it. If it squirms, it squirms. You might get a little scratch but it will eventually get over it. Just make sure to keep it indoors
>>
>>2462384
The thing is that they're in a very narrow place with one way in and whenever I get into that place, the mother comes out running and escaping from me. It has happened twice now and I don't want her to think I'm trying to corner her or her babies because I fear she might abandon them or take them and leave
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.