[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to be allergic to a labrador's oily coat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4617.png (998KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4617.png
998KB, 640x1136px
Hey /an/ I was wondering if anyone on here is allergic or knows if anyone who has allergies to dogs. More particularly Labrador retrievers, as my boyfriend breaks out in a rash whenever my chocolate lab touches or licks him. However, when he is with other dogs such as his sister's Jack Russell or his friend's rescue dogs he does not itch or break out.

So I was wondering if it's possible he may be allergic to my lab's oily coat? I've bathed my dog to see if it was because of dirt or something but he still gets itchy and breaks out into little rashes whever he gets touched.

He loves my dog and still plays, wrestles, and lets him lick him, but he gets pretty uncomfortable around him. Does anyone have any experience with this or what could be causing his reaction?
>>
One dogs dander isnt the other. He is most likely allergic to the dead skin cells and different dogs can have different levels of allergen in them.
Saliva can be part of it too.

He could get antihistamines but i dont know to what extend it may work.
Just clean and vacuum a shitload so he doesnt get sore from being in contact with clothing/furiture your dog has been.

Ps
Doesnt depend on breed but the specific dog
>>
File: IMG_4390.png (830KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4390.png
830KB, 640x1136px
>>2461520
That sounds reasonable, as my dog's skin does run a little dry and can flake.
i guess it's just an unhappy circumstance that of all the dogs he could be allergic to, it had to be mine. I'll look into antihistamines too, I was really hoping his reactions would go away as he got used to the dog I guess but it's been over a year and he still breaks out.
I appreciate the response!
>>
>>2461304
It's not that unusual to be allergic to chocolate.
>>
File: 1003151704-1.jpg (245KB, 832x962px) Image search: [Google]
1003151704-1.jpg
245KB, 832x962px
>>2462647
KEK! Chocolate allergy!
It could be something goofy like diet or do you treat the dawg with a topical insecticide like topspot?
The weirdest thing is that he gets a rash from a lick. That seems to rule out the coat and points to something systemic.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.