[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wolf hybrid puppy at dog park?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 21

File: 20170815_214958.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170815_214958.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
So these people claim this husky mix is a wolf hybrid. I initially thought they were full of shit, but I noticed a bunch of things.

>wiry fur, not soft like a husky
>mannerisms are really aggressive when playing, not resembling a 5 month old puppy
>always bullied by other dogs; all the dogs, including puppies, constantly team up on it
>have seen like 10 dogs of all different ages, breeds, and size chase down and bully this thing
>when not getting slapped around, it has really an aggressive, loud, hard playstyle

I'm not 100% convinced it's a wolf pup, but even my golden retriever seems to act different with it than other dogs, and he's 100% love. I feel like it shouldn't be lawful to take them to a dog park if other dogs, or them, are at serious risk... right?

It's also 5 month old and more the size of a husky

Also, some crackhead used to bring his red wolves (I think), 3 of them, to the dog park before they got in a fight with a pitbull and cane corso which ended in basically all 3 needing some level of medical attention. They look similar in the face to this thing.

Pic related
>>
It's a dog
>>
>>2460966
Fair enough, thanks anon.
>>
looks like my dog wowo
>>
I've never understood these people who claim their dogs are half wolf. Like what the fuck, did the mother just run off for a weekend, get fucked good by a wolf, and returned home like nothing happened?

How does a dog come into contact with a wolf and give birth to puppies in an environment where humans can then own them
>>
>>2460973
It's mostly niggers or trash capturing wolfs from the wild and trying to domesticate them. Some will also milk males and artificially inseminate various breeds of dogs, because shitbulls somehow aren't enough for these people.
>>
>>2460975
How does one capture a wolf without fucking dying? Never mind milking one...
>>
>>2460978
Traps, nets, not all wolves are grey wolves, I'd imagine it's like trapping any large game.
>>
>>2460962
Dogs can discriminate between breeds, but I don't personally think they'd treat a wolf any different.
>>
File: 531d8a68a0d9c.jpg (103KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
531d8a68a0d9c.jpg
103KB, 1280x853px
>at the Wawa
>some old guy in a convertible with dog in his passenger seat parked just chilling out
>friend asks what kind of dog it is and if he is allowed to pet it
>She's a purebred Canadian timber wolf'
>bright reddish orange and white fur
>bright blue eyes
>curly tail
>peach nails
>pink nose

Had to keep myself from autism as to not just ruin this guy's morning for no reason. It was years ago but now I wonder if he was just fucking with us.

>friend's stepdad's friend brings over his white german shepherd
>"we can't take him to tell dog park because he's part wolf"
>>
>>2460973
People are just retarded.
I had a lab/malinois mix from a shelter, people called her a wolf all the time. All. The. Time. I once overheard two old fucks talking and one was saying something like "fucking youth buying wolves I'm going to call the fucking cops", I mean Jesus fucking Christ. She was basically a thinner black lab with vague malinois features... She was perfect.
>>
>>2460973
You clearly don't live in Canada. Local rednecks here deliberately try to get their dogs knocked up by wolves so they can look hard as fuck raising untameable pieces of shit
>>
File: 01010038.jpg (255KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
01010038.jpg
255KB, 800x600px
had a Shepherd Husky mix people constantly asking me if he was a wolf

At same time had a floppy eared labish hound mutt of mutts. People constantly asked me if were bothers and both wolves.

Have a aussie collie mix with blue merle coat pattern. People still ask me if he is a wolf.

What I'm getting at here is your average person is an idiot.

Pic of a dog I fostered for a while that may or may not of had a bit of wolf in him. Anyway I always thought that was a bad ass pic of him.
>>
>>2460962
If it is a wolfdog, it doesn't have much wolf in it at all (aka it's low content). Neither parent would be a full wolf in this case.
But lots of people get scammed by shitty breeders or just like to lie to feel special, so I doubt there's wolf in it at all.
>>
What are good 'wolfy' dog breeds that aren't horrifically stubborn and have decent recall? Aka not huskies.
Not that I want a dog to pass off as a wolf but I really fucking love the sable colors like pic related and keeshounds.
>>
>>2461097
A lot of so-called wolfdogs are actually husky/German shepherd mixes, so maybe you could find one that's more German shepherd than husky?
>>
File: 1502234433900.jpg (105KB, 1098x986px) Image search: [Google]
1502234433900.jpg
105KB, 1098x986px
This sounds like people who say that their domestic long hair cat is a Norwegian forest cat or their black cat is a Bombay.

>tfw that used to be me
>>
ITT reason #143 for avoiding dog parks
>>
>red wolves (I think)
that's much, much less likely than that this dog is half wolf
>>
>>2461119
That dog is not half wolf and literally can't be just from looking at the phenotype. True 50/50 first generation hybrids look much more like wolves than that with only a few dog traits if any, most people would look at them and think they are just 100% wolf.
>>
>>2461097
>>2461103
Or just go for a silver sable German Shepherd. They're uncommon because mainstream breeders breeding for shows don't breed them because they aren't a recognized standard color, but many healthier working lines have plenty of sables in them.
>>
File: e8831dc8c76818a41b21ca9e7ededed6.jpg (146KB, 927x1024px) Image search: [Google]
e8831dc8c76818a41b21ca9e7ededed6.jpg
146KB, 927x1024px
>>2461097
Forgot my picture.
>>2461103
They make good looking mutts but I hate both german shepherds and huskies. Maybe I won't hate the mutts. I'm /out/ a lot so I've been looking for a good hiking companion. Most german shepherds I've met were neurotic messes.
Do they tend to be more on the shepherd side when it comes to mixes? Husky part worries me. I'm not a fan of off leash in general but I want a dog that will pay attention to me and not everything else instead.
>>2461130
Neat. I've seen one silver sable but she was mostly cream with a saddle.
>>
>>2460973
Plenty of people captive breed wolves with dogs so they can make a quick buck selling the shitty uncontrollable offspring to wolfaboos and Game of Thrones fans. It's a big enough industry for there to be a wolf-dog sanctuary in my country which has dozens of animals that people got sick of after realizing that owning one is nothing like in the movies, plus a significant population of wolves that were seized from backyard breeders.

Then again, 90% of the time when someone says their dog is part wolf, they're lying to impress you.
>>
>>2460962
Also, to get back to OP, the reason they can't really make illegal to bring a wolfdog to a dog park is simply because it can't be enforced. There's plenty of wolfy looking dog breeds and DNA testing is inaccurate merely past the second or third generation and also throws a lot of false positives because the test is simply looking for wolf markers in the DNA and there's no clear "this is a pure dog" / "this is a wolf hybrid" line.
>>
>>2461147

Maybe not illegal, but it could be done locally. Most dog parks have a (semi)mandatory registration process and fee, it could be denied to people who state their dog is a wolf or hybrid. It would at least be discouraging enough to curb the numbers, even if it's not going to keep everyone of them out.

I'd be all for it, honestly. Every "wolf dog" I've ever met has been an uncontrollable shit because they're too 'wild' to train properly.
>>
My dog is part wolf.
She has a long lineage of wolves and wolf-dogs going back thousands of years.
>>
File: 2011-07-21_18-32-26_766.jpg (182KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
2011-07-21_18-32-26_766.jpg
182KB, 1024x577px
>>2461141

The various Belgian herding breeds all come in sable, but I wouldn't touch them unless you've got a lot of dog experience and are really active. They're all highly trainable, but they require a strong leader and they can be (animal and stranger) aggressive if not socialized really well.
>>
>>2460962
>they got in a fight with a pitbull and cane corso which ended in basically all 3 needing some level of medical attention
lmao how wolfaboos will ever recover
>>
>>2460978
you don't go and abduct it like it's a child, you moron, that's why you use traps nets and all other shit
>>
>>2461171
I didn't actually see the fight, heard from a park friend that was there, and realized they stopped coming.

They were definitely red or eastern wolves, without any doubt in my mind, have googled the pictures hundreds of times to be sure. Wasn't like OP pic related where it was kind of a question, you would know for a fact these things were not domesticated dogs. Completely untrained, highly aggressive against smaller dogs that were alone. Apparently they ran up on the pitbull and the other dog was in this little brick circle thing they plant trees in. The dogs can jump down in there and sniff around then jump out, it's enough to hide the dogs and provide dogs a little sanctuary feeling. It heard its buddy getting attacked, jumped out, and jumped the wolves.

Apparently the wolves realized they made a mistake with just the pitbull, but once the cane corso jumped in, they were done for.

Pitbull and friend needed to get checked as well, keep hearing the owner say he's glad rabies shots exist.

It also solidifies most of the dog park people's belief of carrying a firearm to the park as well. Since attacks are niggerdogs are so common, many will carry a gun in case the owner can't/won't get their dog off another.

A sad world we live in desu.
>>
File: IMG_4005.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4005.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Love the Czechoslovakian wolfdog. Originally bred from carpathian wolves and German shepherds. I've met a few and they've all been super cool.
>Pic related. 5mo. old pup we met.
>>
>>2461173
Okay, then you capture the guy, he's freaking the fuck out. Then you stick it in a room and it just fucks?
>>
>>2461711
You obviously don't know how strong a bitch's heat is.
>>
File: german-shepherd-husky-mix_1.jpg (169KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
german-shepherd-husky-mix_1.jpg
169KB, 736x736px
>>2461157
Thanks. I'm confident I'm active enough for high energy breeds and I have experience with some herding breeds, large dogs and individual aggressive dogs but I think I'll just keep an eye out for shepherd mixes up for adoption.

I wish more 'average' breeds came in sable because it's a top tier coat color and as far as I know doesn't come with issues like double merle or albino.
>>
File: pic5.jpg (64KB, 725x324px) Image search: [Google]
pic5.jpg
64KB, 725x324px
>>2461773

Sable is actually ridiculously common in dogs. It just expresses in a lot of different ways so you might just not be recognizing it, like for example in this dog. The alleles responsible for sable are found in most breeds, producing dogs that are bright red to pure black, and many in between such as tricolors and fawns.
>>
File: wirehaired-dachshund-lovage.jpg (7KB, 283x189px) Image search: [Google]
wirehaired-dachshund-lovage.jpg
7KB, 283x189px
>>2461933

What you're specifically looking for is Aw , or what's commonly known as Agouti or wild (type) sable. And that's rarer, generally considered to be directly from wolves so typically shows up in breeds that either have wolves relatively recently in their genetic history or those that just haven't bothered to have it bred out of them. It still does show up in 'regular' breeds, though. Like this dachshund.
>>
>>2461773
>no, but you can go double merle
>>
>>2461933
>>2461934
Didn't realize shit like fawn had to do with sable. Makes sense since now that I think of it a lot of them look somewhat ticked/saddled with black. Didn't know agouti was a term for wild colors either as I'm only familiar with it with rodents and rabbits.

Neat.
>>
>>2462005
To add I probably didn't realize how common it really was since it's more recognizable in long haired breeds. This is a pretty wolfy color, even has that white stripe on the back most wolves and coyotes have.
>>
File: 34 reign 2yr stack flip copy.jpg (227KB, 469x350px) Image search: [Google]
34 reign 2yr stack flip copy.jpg
227KB, 469x350px
>>2462009
Forgot pic, again.
>>
File: rin-tin-tin_warnerbros.jpg (130KB, 1274x718px) Image search: [Google]
rin-tin-tin_warnerbros.jpg
130KB, 1274x718px
>>2462005
>>2462009

Yeah, color genetics are really cool. The first link is a pretty solid site if you want to learn more, and the second one plays around with horse color genetics (I wish there was something that easy and fun to play with for dogs, but I've never found one).

http://www.doggenetics.co.uk/

http://www.jenniferhoffman.net/horse/horse-color-genetics.html

Agouti is a lot of things. It's used as a term for wild colorations, but it's also the name of the gene that causes multi-colored hair strands and lots of domestic variation. It's so common in mammals that coloration genes will either be considered agouti or non-agouti.

Pic: probably the most famous Agouti dog.
>>
File: Lassie1958.jpg (859KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lassie1958.jpg
859KB, 1440x1080px
>>2462040

And the most famous sable.
>>
>>2461773
>I'm confident I'm active enough for high energy breeds
I take my golden retriever to the dog park once a day, for a couple hours, and he's good until the next morning. Some people with their huskies have to play fetch at the dog park or have their dog somehow run around for over 5 hours a day (usually in two trips) for it to not tear up their homes.
>>
>>2461439
>two niggerdogs fucked up 3 adult WOLVES
Bullshit my man, you were lied to.
>>
>>2460962
That's a tamaskan dog. They're bred to resemble wolves.
>>
>>2462162

Yeah, seriously. Wolf-hunting dogs are big motherfuckers bred and trained to work as a pack to isolate and kill single wolves. Even then they generally need the help of the hunter, because there were plenty of times where the wolf killed the pack of dogs instead. I don't care how big this pitbull and its buddy were, if these were real wolves they would have been ripped to shreds.
>>
File: pic.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>2462162
>>2462183
Not true at all, there's plenty of instances where dogs take on wolves single handedly, as well as much larger animals as well.

Dog vs. puma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVej2NmLfdg

Dogs and wolves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatQSKaUIQQ
Start it at 2:20

Yes, multiple dogs take on multiple wolves, but single dogs take on single wolves as well. The point is, wolves aren't some magical fucking creatures that immediately rip up anything domesticated. A 50lb eastern wolf is basically a large coyote, I can see a >100lb dog killing it.
>>
>>2462162
No, the bullshit is that anyone had a red wolf at a dog park, let alone 3.
>>
>>2460962
This Doggo is not a wolf. I know In Texas a lot of breeders scam people by telling them they are selling wolf hybrids, even though they are just a malamute mix. It's very common.
>>
>>2460962

>Pink nails
>Big, round dog eyes
>Giant, pointy ears
>Short, broad muzzle
>Short legs
>Small paws
>Well-defined markings

This is absolutely a dog. If there was any wolf ancestry, it's so dilute it's effectively non-existent.

If it's starting to get aggressive, it's most likely because the other dogs have been treating it like a punching bag and it's growing enough to stop taking that.
>>
>>2462193
This. I would believe they were coyotes or coyote hybrids before I would believe they were Red wolves. But realistically, they were wolf-ish dogs.
>>
File: IMG_3809.jpg (378KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3809.jpg
378KB, 1100x618px
>>2461097
A lady I know has some "new" breed called American Alsatian. They're meant to look like direwolves apparently? Idk much about them but she did tell me that she takes him on off leash hikes for 90 minutes a day. I've met the dog a few times and he was huge and very friendly.

Pic related is him actually
>>
An American Alsatian seems is a mix of GSD, Pyrenees, and Anatolian.
>>
>>2462439
probably some malamute as well
>>
>>2462428
It's just a Malamute and a G.Shep mix

Just find a sable malamute and mix it with a black/white malamute and you'll get a much better looking dog.
>>
>>2461097
Tamaskans look very wolfy. arent too common but are super nice and not terribly stubborn. Recognized by AKC no wolf blood. Pretty doges
>>
>>2462872
Mals are stubborn and have terrible recall just like huskies, which Anon wants to avoid.
>>
>>2460975
>niggers

Nice try whiteboi but everyone knows there's only one race stupid enough to want a wolf for a pet. Hint: Same morons who swear they're 1/16th cherokee "which is why I have such big cheek bones"
>>
>>2460975
Yeah there's a huge epidemic of african american poachers.

What the fuck are you smoking? Lmao
>>
>>2460975
Nah mate, the vast majority of people with "wolfdogs" have a husky/malamute/gsd mix or other wolfy looking dog they are lying about being part wolf and/or were lied to about it being part wolf.
>>
File: CorgiHuskyMix18e1406714443519.jpg (44KB, 360x375px) Image search: [Google]
CorgiHuskyMix18e1406714443519.jpg
44KB, 360x375px
Hmmm... This thread is giving me an idea... Has anyone ever tried inseminating a wolf with chihuahua semen?
>>
>>2461074
And yet again today I get asked if my blue merle assue collie mix is a coyote
>>
>>2460962
that is a dog

that dog MIGHT have a VERY low quantity of wolf in it,but definitely not enough to call it a wolfdog

if youre ever unsure, look at the fur. wolves have white hairs with black tips. dogs dont.
>>
>>2460962
this is a tamaskan. Tamaskans are only about ~30% wolf, and they still look a hundred times wolfier than the dog you posted
>>
>>2464633
Tamaskans aren't 30% wolf at all though anon, that's the whole point. They were bred to be as wolfy looking as possible without any significant wolf content.
>>
>>2464553
What would happen here?
>>
>>2464633
>Tamaskans are only about ~30% wolf

Tamaskans have no wolf content you idiot
>>
>>2460962
Fuck people who call their dogs wolf hybrids just to feel good. If that dog ever bites a person they are going to have to immediately put it down to test for rabies because the vaccine isn't approved for use in wolf hybrids, even if the owner is a dumb fuck and the dog doesn't have any wolf in it in the first place
>>
>>2466770

Also morons calling every husky mix a wolf gives people a really skewed idea of what a wolf hybrid is really like. It makes it far more dangerous when people get their hands on a real one.
>>
>>2464553
Science has gone too far
>>
Highly unlikely to be a wolf cross. Sounds like your puppy needs you to give it basic obedience lessons and limit dog on dog contact to one or two friendly dogs at first. Your puppy fights and acts aggressive because he is afraid. I have owned four wolf hybrids (DNA tested) and they are the most loving intelligent dogs. BUT they are cowards and will not guard you or your house. They must be kept inside and need a human in attendance especially the higher content ones. They can trash your house, claw through doors and break through walls when alone. Don't buy "wolf hybids". Most are fake and if you do get a real one you, the poor animal will end up in a cage or chained outside unwanted. Also true wolves never have blue eyes and "red wolves" are illegal to own as they are on the endangered list.
>>
>>2467110
You know DNA tests aren't very accurate in determining if a dog is a wolf hybrid or not, right? Sounds like you had fakes too.
>>
we put on an addition for a couple who had a male and female pair of what they said were half-wolfs. Now, I have no way of knowing but this is what I do know:
this was like 25 years ago, way before GoT or anything popularizing wolf dogs.
the owners were a normal suburban couple, really quiet and didn't seem like they were bragging at all.
they sure as hell looked like wolves.
these dogs were fucking huge. I don't remember if they said what they were crossed with, but they were tall and just burly as fuck.
thick, poofy, and really wiry coats.
they were oddly very relaxed. we were three strangers in their yard but the owner introduced us and they were super chill and mostly just left us alone.
the number one reason I believed they were half-wolf was their urine was the strongest animal urine I've ever smelled. the back yard reeked of powerful musk that just lingered indefinitely. I've never smelled anything like it before or since. No dog's urine smells like that.
>>
>>2467217
>they were oddly very relaxed. we were three strangers in their yard but the owner introduced us and they were super chill and mostly just left us alone.

This doesn't sound like a wolf or high content wolfdog at all, but I'd believe from the rest of it that they probably had legit low content wolfdogs.
>>
File: Low Content.jpg (114KB, 550x393px) Image search: [Google]
Low Content.jpg
114KB, 550x393px
>>2467217

For the record, low contents can look pretty damned wolfy (pic related). A true mid-content looks a lot like people assume a wolf does.
>>
File: Mid Content.jpg (75KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
Mid Content.jpg
75KB, 550x366px
>>2467224

Mid-content.
>>
>>2467225
their coats looked more like this guy, more thick and puffed-out, but more brown tones. also, I want to say their eyes were brown but it was so long ago I don't remember for sure. also their feet were really stout. I mean, it doesn't matter, but the urine thing alone made me a believer. why quibble over percentages?
>>
>>2467227
Because wolf content determines a lot about their behavior and people constantly overestimate how much wolf content hybrids have. A lot of "half-wolves" are no such thing at all.
>>
>>2464058
But I'm actually 1/16 Muscogee, and I don't own wolves. I own a rat terrier and an Aussie Shep/red heeler mix. Ya damn racist.
>>
>>2467348
He wasn't talking about people who are actually part native american, he's talking about all of those great great granddaughters of Pocahontas out there.
>>
>>2467349
I'm aware. I made a joke based off of his joke.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.