[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the chance that I got rabies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1502488622713.jpg (11KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1502488622713.jpg
11KB, 306x306px
Help me.
>3 weeks ago
>listen to dog barking in the kitchen
>go to check
>one stray cat is stealing trash
>block its path while watching it
>gets nervous
>runs towards the exit behind me
>scratches my leg while doing so
>check injury and see a tiny bit of blood from the scratch
>wash it with soap just in case
>ask parents if maybe i should get the shots
>they say no and have no money for them anyway (am neet)
>present day
>have no symptoms but still paranoid as fuck about it
What should I do? The cat is nowhere to be seen anymore so I can't send it for tests. I researched online and a gov page says that there have not been any registered cases of dog rabies in the city for 11 years but I can't find shit about the fucking cats.
>>
Pretty sure you have to get bit to get rabbies. It spreads through saliva. That's why they start foaming at the mouth
>>
>>2460872
The thing is that if they have saliva in their paws/claws then scratching can be infectious too.
>>
>>2460867
You're probably fine. Rabies is almost always fatal, but still incredibly rare. shit, it was practically a month or so ago, and you didn't mention the wound at all, so you probably didn't so much as get a bacterial infection from the thing.

Next time, don't block the escape path of a possibly feral animal, or else you might get worse than a light scratch.
>>
>>2460940
We had one or two cases of rabid cats here in the past few years.

Getting scratched, ehh unlikely. If it was acting weird, I would chance it. OP is a retarded for cornering an animal.

If it had rabies and OP got infected, it would be too late for OP anyway. At worst cat scratches get raw and itchy but it's been 3 weeks already.
>>
>>2460954
The scratch was really small and healed in less than a week. Is this a good signal?
>>
>>2460957
>In humans, however, rabies incubating period develops within 3 to 8 weeks after the bite. However, in some cases, symptoms occur faster, that is within 10 days after someone got bitten. Some other cases, on the other hands, found out that rabies symptoms can occur even after years post to the bite. Once these symptoms develop, rabies is usually fatal.

>Hence, immediate treatment which is performed soon after the bite or scratch is required in order to minimize the spreading. Compared to the phases in animals, rabies symptom development in humans is almost similar. The three phases in animals also occur with human rabies symptom development. >Once these symptoms develop, rabies is usually fatal. Hence, immediate treatment which is performed soon after the bite or scratch is required in order to minimize the spreading. Compared to the phases in animals, rabies symptom development in humans is almost similar. The three phases in animals also occur with human rabies symptom development. In humans, the phases are described as below:

>The first phase begins with fever and tingling or painful sensation around the site of the wound where the animal has bitten. It is still possible to save someone’s life when the symptoms of this early phase are recognized properly.

>The second phase is continued with severe insomnia, hallucinations, aggressiveness, and extreme unexplained fear. This is the phase where the virus has started attacking the nervous system, causing difficulty to control over real feelings and emotion.

>The last phase ends with severe nervous problems, since the virus does not only attack the system, but also the brain. When vital organs and muscles are attacked, infected humans might be partly paralyzed. At this phase, rabies is extremely lethal and may be resistant to vaccines.

http://woundcaresociety.org/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-rabies-after-a-bite
>>
>>2460998
Though this part is dumb
>At this phase, rabies is extremely lethal and may be resistant to vaccines.

At that point, you're way past fucked unless you're put into a coma and even then it may not be enough.

>Only five people have survived a rabies infection after showing symptoms, and this was with extensive treatment known as the Milwaukee protocol. Rabies caused about 17,400 deaths worldwide in 2015. More than 95% of human deaths caused by rabies occur in Africa and Asia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee_protocol
>>
File: 1494988260321.png (566KB, 2000x2501px) Image search: [Google]
1494988260321.png
566KB, 2000x2501px
>>2460998
The injury didn't tingle or was painful. Does this mean I'm safe?
>>
>>2461001
No.
Symptoms can be delayed. I don't think you have rabies. I personally would never take that chance. I frequently handled wild animals(raccoons, skunks, etc) and while I was never bitten, I would go for shots because I rather be safe than sorry. It's always recommended to do so, as well. Hell, my mom got bit hard by a guinea pig and she had to get stitches and they still convinced her to get a rabies shot.

I am giving you this info so you can make your own decision like a goddamn adult.
>>
>>2461004
I don't have money to get the shots anyway. If I have something I will fucking die.
>>
>>2460867
100% chance you got rabies. Sorry OP
>>
>>2461008
Also just told my mom again and she refused and told me that I had nothing and I was being paranoid.
>>
Well, let's see.

Are you dead?

If not, you don't have rabies.
>>
File: 1405188746744.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1405188746744.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
>>2460872
>Tfw getting bit by a rabbi
>>
Youre paranoid means you got it
>>
>>2461052
I have psychosis so I have no idea if I actually got it or it's my crazy (not medicated).
>>
>>2460867
You won't show symptoms of rabies for weeks, and once you do start to have symptoms you're dead.

You most likely do not have rabies, because you just got scratched. Rabies is transmitted through saliva. If the animal was rabid though, they could have licked their paws and scratched you, who knows. I wouldn't risk it, this is your life we're talking about
>>
>>2461004
A lot of older people think it's still the 60s or 70s where you got the 21 big ass needles really painfully deep in the stomach, but now it's just 4 completely normal shots into the arm (or thigh if you are a very, very small child).
>>
>>2461011
Maybe this is a wake up call that you need to stop depending on your parents and get out in the real world. Get a job at McDonald's or something and get enough money to get your vaccines
>>
>>2460867
You'll be fine. Next time just don't pull the >blocks your path meme on feral animals, k? Also get a job, neet.
>>
>>2461062
Being paranoid is one of the later symptoms. You would first get the worst flu you've ever had in your life before getting to that stage
>>
File: 64526346745.jpg (68KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
64526346745.jpg
68KB, 600x737px
>>2461038
>>2461038
>>
File: 1497435868677.jpg (70KB, 610x288px) Image search: [Google]
1497435868677.jpg
70KB, 610x288px
>>2460867
>be amerifat
>no free health care
>gets killed by stray cat because his parents can't buy him anti rabies vaccination
I'm actually fucking kekking hard irl right now
>>
Are you dead, bro? Just talk to a doctor or even a vet. I bet a vet could give you clear answers for free.
>>
>>2462932
Enjoy the laugh before your next monthly terrorist attack
>>
>>2463646
>every single place outside the US is one country
>>
File: dBmnHX1.png (34KB, 636x778px) Image search: [Google]
dBmnHX1.png
34KB, 636x778px
>>2463646
Enjoy your Diabetes, burgerboy ;^)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.