[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Operation Genesis 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: Rex Escape.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rex Escape.webm
3MB, 854x480px
Is /an/ excited?
Dinosaur Zoo time
>>
>>2460859
Looks neat.
>>
Looks cool but this is clearly pre-rendered
>>
>hey guys lets work on this fence with a giant super predator on the other side
>rex can somehow bust 3 feet of reinforced concrete like its styrofoam
>guy cant outrun a rex even though scientists have found that they were much slowers than humans and only hunted other large animals that were just as slow as them
>>
>>2460881
>much slower than humans

Most people can't run 12 mph anon
>>
>>2460881
>oh look a Jurassic Park game
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY ISN'T IT SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE

anon if you honest to god expect accuracy from the JP series then you are an idiot, just as stupid as the people who think JP is accurate
>>
>>2460877
its says its pre-rendered illiterate
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>2460881
They even said in the new movie that they deliberately designed the dinosaurs to be the generic cool dinos from pop culture, not to be realistic.
>>
>>2460859
Eh looks like it's got the same basic clunky building tools as the last one, which made it not worth playing.
>>
File: 1502979025002.png (245KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1502979025002.png
245KB, 1465x1209px
The T-rex and other big two legged dinosaurs would've hopped like kangaroos or like crows.

Because that is their morphology.

Don't even fucking argue imbecile.
>>
>>2460955
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZUoCpx8jag
>>
>>2460955
>Dinosaurs would've hopped around like birds too
This is some tasty fucking bait, I need to reuse it.

>>2460881
The fences needed to be worked on, in the video they say the fences were down.

Also it's Jurassic Park, the T. Rex is clocked at 60 MPH.
Even then I doubt a real life T. Rex would run slower than fucking 10 MPH like you imply.
>>
>>2460955
>>2460961
>>2460958

The sad thing is that was actually a theory by a paleontologist
>>
I hope the T-Rex chokeslams Parasaurolophus in the actual game
>>
>>2460877
fucking retard
>>
Fuck yes dude
>>
>>2460881
Those are not dinos. That's the problem.
>>
I see

>>2460796

was correct
>>
I am very excited. Its going to hurt putting my dinos down cause I am an over sentimental buffoon.
>>
>>2460859
>implying a t-rex would body slam anything big like that
Wouldn't that put far too much pressure on their necks? I know fuck all about t-rex but I imagine an animal of that size trying to take down one that's half his size would use his weight as an advantage to topple the creature rather than toss it up in the air like a hat trick.
>>
File: 1502891515636.gif (4KB, 494x557px) Image search: [Google]
1502891515636.gif
4KB, 494x557px
>>2460859
>tfw just want a dino zoo game where everything runs smoothly, nobody gets hurt (unless I fuck up) and I can just relax with cool peaceful dinos all day

Am I stuck with Zoo Tycoon forever?
>>
>>2461870
Prehistoric Kingdom has finally released a somewhat buggy pre-alpha. Still pretty fun.
>>
>>2461890
That's pretty cool, thanks man. I'll look out for it.
>>
>>2461890
I really like how they had light music and didn't try to play up some bullshit horror angle. Feathered carnosaurs is still fucking retarded though and not scientifically accurate. I wish feathercunts could learn that Theropod =/= Ostrich.
>>
>people complaining about inaccuracies
>In a fucking Jurassic Park game

never change /an/
>>
>>2462048
Get fucked and keep crying scalyfag
>>
>>2462077
>EVERYTHING HAD FEATHERS!!!
You're insane.
>>
Test
>>
>>2462078
>strawman

not an argument
>>
>>2462078
Oh look I can do that too

>EVERYTHING HAD SCALES!
You're insane

See I know you do not think that. However it makes me look better if I exaggerate your claims to insanity

Which is what you did
>>
>>2462080
Quoting you isn't a strawman. You featherfaggots are totally insane.

>>2462081
>EVERYTHING HAD SCALES!
Find me a dinosaur TODAY that doesn't have scales. Even modern birds have scales.
>>
>>2460881
They argue whether it had feathers or not, do you really think they have a clue whether it was faster or slower than a man? You are retard for thinking what some scientists say is always 100percent irrefutible truth that will remain true for more than few years.
>>
>>2462084
>quoting you

You can only quote me by saying things I said phamalam

And I never said that
>>
>>2462114
This, the speed fluctuates every few years

First it's like 5, then 30, then 10 than 20, then 12

It's never consistent

Also they used elephants as a basis despite the fact that they have incredible different builds which turned me off from that study
>>
>dinosaurs would hop
https://youtu.be/YMmgnpcaKyM
>>
>>2462115
Your side did.
>>
>>2460859
That is clearly going to be some mobile garbage.
>>
>>2462141
confirmed for xbox one, ps4 and pc.
>>
>>2462141
>XboxOne, PS4 and PC
>made by the same people who made planet coaster
>mobile garbage

Anon you need to get over you pessimism
>>
>>2462114
There is no way a creature that massive could move that fast. They would literally kill themselves.
>>
>>2462217
[citation needed]
>>
>>2462048
I thought they had a scaled alt version?
>>
File: cherry picker.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
cherry picker.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
>>2462048
>game goes out of its way to appease scalefags by adding scaled and feathered variations of theropods

>scalefags still not heppy
>>
>>2462627
People shoud stop pleasing scaletards. Its just not worth it.
>>
>>2462627
>posting an articulating boom lift and calling it a cherry picker
>>
Scalefags need to be euthanized for the good of mankind
>>
>>2462657
>google cherry picker
>pick image at random
>some autisic fuck on a Mongolian spear fishing forum gets pissy and pedantic because google images is shit

all is as it should be
>>
>>2462751
>admits Google is shit
>posts its shit images anyway
>insult people when they call you out on it
Whatever faggot
>>
>>2462616
>>2462627
>game goes out of its way to appease scalefags by adding scaled and feathered variations of theropods
Does it? Well that's fine then. I don't give a flying fuck if it has purple unicorn fantasy dinosaurs as long as it has realistic ones too.
>>
>>2462627
>>2462643
>>2462733
And the only reason they have fake feathered carnosaurs is to appease the fucking lunatic furfaggots to begin with.
>>
>>2462871
>>2462873

You people are probably the ones who cried about them not having scaled velociraptors too
>>
>>2462873
Or its the fact they may or may not have had them.

phylogenetic bracketing would suggest feathers were an ancestral trait of dinosaurs in general considering basal neornithischians had them too...

So its not outlandish to hypothesize that Carnosaurs being much closer to birds than any Ornithischian could have had downy protofeathers too.

Having larger members like Saurophagonax or the Carcharodontosaurids feathered in adulthood is probably incorrect they were most lightly scaly like tyrannosaurs due to side but the smaller and medium sized ones may well have sported protofeather coats into adolescence or adulthood.

So hows about both sides stop being autistic little fucks and acknowledge that for the great majority of dinosaurs we have no evidence of Integument and we can only make vague inferences from phylogenetics and repleted genre.
>>
>>2462890
Except we know Velociraptors weren't naked. Also, those probably aren't actually Velociraptor.

>>2462892
The fucking didn't. You furfaggots keep trying to push it, but it's based on not just no evidence, but fake bullshit hypotheses that have already been refuted.
>>
>>2462892
>Muh both sides are equal maymay
No they're not. Some dinosaurs had feathers, MOST DID NOT. If humans live til 2050 I can't wait til we find a full-body mummified scaly skin of T-Rex so furfags can start claiming they carried around giant feathered purses with them and you can't prove they didn't.
>>
>>2462893
>The fucking didn't. You furfaggots keep trying to push it, but it's based on not just no evidence, but fake bullshit hypotheses that have already been refuted.

>furfaggot as an ad homenim

stay classy /an/

>Kulindadromeus exists
>>2462897
>No they're not. Some dinosaurs had feathers, MOST DID NOT.

[citation needed]

>I can't wait til we find a full-body mummified scaly skin of T-Rex

you and me both mate the the kind of information we could get on tyrannosaur, theropod and dinosaur anatomy, biology and life history in general would be revolutionary.

> so furfags can start claiming they carried around giant feathered purses with them and you can't prove they didn't.

Does the idea of a feathered t rex really get you that buttblasted that you'll go on this kind of screed over it?

You need to step back if your that emotionally attached to the hypothetical appearance of an animal that's been extinct 66 million years.
>>
>>2462907
>Kulindadromeus is T-Rex
Really makes you think...
>>
>>2462907
>[citation needed]
You can stop speaking on this subject now. You clearly don't know shit about the Mesozoic Era. The featherfaggot problem in a nutshell really.
>>
>>2462911
>false dichotomizing and conflating Carnosaurs with t.rex

wew

>>2462913
You can stop speaking on this subject now.

>I have the authority to strike down counterarguments by calling the person im arguing with stupid instead of refuting there points

>You clearly don't know shit about the Mesozoic Era.

You clearly don't know shit about basic evolutionary biology or phylogeny...
>The featherfaggot problem in a nutshell really.

>The [the insert my straw-man of the person im arguing with so I can try to dismiss them]problem in a nutshell really.
>>
Mesozoica is never going to come out and the people behind it are shitty

Robert is an asshole that leaked Dakotaraptor before it was supposed to be revealed to the public and makes shitty models and blocks anyone who questions the accuracy of his models

The animations are unrealistic trash, galloping triceratops, really?

I would understand if the game wasn't going for realism like JPOG or this new game, but these people say they are being as accurate as possible.

The game has been delayed many times, the demo was supposed to be out in 2015 and only came out a few months ago

In short: Fuck Mesozoica and the people behind it and support Prehistoric Kingdom and Jurassic World Evolution
>>
File: hurrr.png (3KB, 168x141px) Image search: [Google]
hurrr.png
3KB, 168x141px
>>2460881
>game based on the movies responsible for making people hate accurate dinosaurs doesn't have accurate dinosaurs

WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED SUCH TRAGEDY
>>
>>2461870
The original Operation Genesis was pretty much impossible to fuck up if you had minimum knowledge. The only times it'd break the chill was on FUCKING HURRICANES
>>
>>2462935
the t.rex model in Mesozoica was stolen from a zoo tycoon 2 mod.
>>
>>2460859
yee
>>
>>2460961
>Also it's Jurassic Park, the T. Rex is clocked at 60 MPH.
they said 32 in the movie fucko
>>
>>2460859

>I'll just throw my pad at this tyrannosaurus rex and wave my arms at it

What the fuck
>>
>>2465125
He's trying to save his friend, dummy.
>>
>>2460924
the video is silent and has no text
>>
I want to know what discovering new dinos will be like. The dig site mini game was kind of lame in Operation Genesis.

Also, will the safari tour ride use Jeeps or Mercedes?
>>
>>2465172
[spoiler]fords because this is trumps america[/spoiler]
>>
>>2461372
could you grab your sister by the neck and fling her on the bed?

now picture a rex doing it with its mouth and how much damage that would cause the other creature, that other thing is fucked

the only glaringly inaccurate thing is that the rex has two feet off the ground at one time which I'm not sure it could do, but that's it
>>
File: 1470543412059.jpg (61KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
1470543412059.jpg
61KB, 678x678px
>>2465172
>dig site mini game
wasn't a game at all, literally just a menu with unlockable digsites
>>
>>2460859
Why did it ignore the guy tangled in the wire?
Also why would you design a habitat for a large animal like a T.rex that doesn't consist of a gigantic pit that it can't just climb out of if the fence breaks/the power goes out?
Spare no expense my ass, concrete isn't fucking expensive.
>>
>>2460911
>Most people can't run 12 mph anon
Even untrained plebs could do 12 mph for a short dash, they won't be running that for a distance though.
>>
>>2460924
Where?
Point me to the exact second in your webM.
>>
>>2467384
It's in the full video on youtube.
>>
>>2466403
>Could you grab your sister
No because she's 3/4 my size, just like the size difference in OP. I'm not arguing it isn't kill, just that it would be highly unlikely for t-rex to dispatch something like that
>>
>>2460881
The wrong representation of the Rex without his feathers would mean less drag, and therefore he could reach a higher speed
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.