[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do chickens and/or ducks make good pets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Do chickens and/or ducks make good pets?
>>
>>2460814
Well that all really depends on what you Wang to do with them.
>>
>>2460814
They're fun and affectionate, but shit everywhere so much and are hard to train towards a certain shit spot
>>
Can't speak for chickens, but ducks are so messy. They shit constantly as babies, and very often as adults. They will take any source of water and make your entire yard into mud holes if allowed to. They require very specific care, supplements, and a lot of research to keep happy and healthy, especially as ducklings. Also every predator ever will go out of their way to kill your ducks. You have to drop a fair amount of money to make their home predator proof; simple chicken wire isn't going to cut it.

The plus side to ducks is their personalities are goofy and friendly, and they are far less prone to diseases than chickens. They are definitely receptive to bonding and come in a lot of neat breeds. The ducks I know will eat from your hand, follow you around, and two of them like being held. If you have an acre or two to spare for them and the time and money I say go for it. If you live in town don't bother, they are just as loud as chickens with the exception of the Cayuga and Muscovy.
>>
>>2460814
I actually had two chickens which I bought when they were still chicks.
They are really cute and adventurous animals desu.
But like the other anon mentioned they do shit everywhere and they like making small holes in your garden so that they can bathe in it.
>>
>>2460814
Ducks are way too messy, but chickens make wonderful pets of you know enough.
You can clicker train them to do all sorts of things and it's extremely easy for them to learn new behaviors as chicks, pullets or cockerels.
As for their shit you can either put diapers on them or teach them to use a litter box/pad/newspapers easily with some treats and some patience.
They're like two legged dogs almost.
They take a lot more effort to train, they smell worse, and they require more things like dust baths, and a coop of some kind, but they make wonderful pets of you like birds but want something more dog like.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.