[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hamstah ball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1925.jpg (142KB, 1600x1537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1925.jpg
142KB, 1600x1537px
Red pill me on these /an/.
I've used the hamster ball in the past, but it wasn't until now that ive started to think about the negative consequences it might have on my hammie
>>
>>2460408
Why would the ball be bad for your hamster?
I assume you have a job, same thing for humans...
>>
>>2460408
It's perfectly fine. The biggest danger I guess is overheating. Just don't use without supervision and don't use in very hot conditions.
>>
>>2460410
>>2460411
Ah ok. Thanks a lot anons. I was just reading up that hamster balls apparently confuse/stress the hamster out and harm it
>>
I would say they don't know how to control it but they don't understand the physics of wheels either.

It's no less confusing than a wheel but they go back on them by choice.
>>
I think the biggest danger is their toes and testicles getting stuck in the air holes as long as the ball is big enough to not be straining their back
>>
File: 1502318419364 (1).jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502318419364 (1).jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>>2460520
>tiny hamster junk gets stuck in ball
>ball continues to rotate, swinging hamster round and round by the testicles
>>
>>2460408
It's actually pretty controversial and since you asked for the red pill, I'll give it to you;
They have no access to food or water in there, they end up shitting/pissing in them, and it can get very stuffy. The combination of the last two can be a disaster. The doors open up easily. If they want a break, they can't have it until you let them out. It's widely assumed that they don't understand the physics of it so it may bot be obvious when the hamster wants to get out. It's debated that hamsters should have the opportunity to hide, which they can't in balls, and that feeling trapped will make them stressed.
>>
>>2460555
Everything you said only applies if you leave the hamster in there for hours. I probably have too much faith in humanity, but I want to believe that there's nobody in the world who's retarded enough to actually do that.
>>
>>2460684
I recall there was an issue with some kids thinking you can keep a hamster in a ball 24/7 back when 'little bill' was a thing
>>
>>2460717
not him but it still happens to this day
I had tons of people who thought they could buy a hamster and a ball and be set for life when I worked at petsmart
Half of them would decide to not buy the little guys after telling them everything they would need
>>
>>2460684
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2460411
well... if it gets too hot one can put a small chunk of dry ice in with it. the rodent might freak out a bit but it gradually settles down & then goes to sleep.
>>
Just don't have a hamster OP.
Sounds like too much work for you :^)
>>
File: this kills the ham.jpg (50KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the ham.jpg
50KB, 700x525px
>>2460717
>>2460721
>>2460722
Jesus fucking christ. Now I'm sad. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>2460408
I made one out of 1/4" diameter hardware cloth, back in the 1980s. I had the idea it could run outside to a small extent and roll over areas of food and water and eat/drink through the wire. It worked to a small extent, but I didn't use it all that often.
>>
>>2460408
hamster balls are bad.
-hamsters can't make a emergency stop,so they run against walls,tables,chairs& such things.
-bad ventilation
-most are to small
-they can't see,smell good
-they can't hide properly
so pure stress.

PLS DON'T USE THEM!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.