[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meaningful Flower project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: snapdragon.jpg (101KB, 569x850px) Image search: [Google]
snapdragon.jpg
101KB, 569x850px
I have been thinking of a project to help motivate myself in life.

Here are the kinds of flowers I'm looking for:

1. A flower that either grows or glows in the dark. One that thrives in darkness. This is symbolic of the ability for people to grow in the darkness, or the unknown. That no matter how dark things get, growth can occur here. And while it might be scary, it can also be beautiful.
2. A flower that can grow in the heat, and maybe one that only releases seeds after a forest fire. Im thinking of something related to a phoenix here. The idea is resurrection. The ability to come back to life after death. Shedding your old self and blooming into something new-and beautiful.
3. A flood-resistant flower. This symbolizes the ability to withstand the floods life throws your way. When things dont go as planned and everything washes away, you can either drown, or ride the wave.
4. A "dragon" flower. This is symbolic of beating or taming your "Dragons". The big fears in life that must be acknowledged my everyone but people are afraid of facing. The thing that hides the very treasure you seek. Im thinking a dragon flower of some kind, ive bought a dragons breath flower before for this.
5. A rose. This is to symbolize that in order to grow into something beautiful, you need to grow some teeth. or in this case, thorns. If you were only beautiful youd be a flower, but a rose is a rose because of its thorns.

If anyone is willing to help me think of some flowers that would match these descriptions that would be neat. I plan on making a small square or circular pot holder with pots that hold seeds for each flower. the goal is to get into a habit and water my seeds of growth. the idea that all of these things need to be groomed to make me into the best me.
>>
File: Impatiens Bequaertii.jpg (83KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
Impatiens Bequaertii.jpg
83KB, 800x666px
side topic: Flowers that look like things
>>
>>2440425
>>
>>2460224
For a glowing plant, no one seems to have any of the genetically modified seeds available yet. However, there are tons of plants that bloom at night. I like the smell of Cestrum nocturnum in particular.
If you really want something that glows, Panellus stipticus isn't too bad to cultivate. The bioluminescence from the mushrooms is pretty dim, but neat.

For fire and renewal, the first thing that comes to mind is fireeweed, Chamaenerion angustifolium. It basically forms a sea of purple amid the blackened remains of an intense wildfire.

For flood resistance, water hyacinth might be interesting. It has literal sponges for stalks to float around. Also survives hurricanes just fine.

I don't really have any ideas for your dragon flower.
Mimosa pudica is a shy plant that curls up when touched and it's pretty darn stubborn about hanging on and growing in shitty soils. I can't see it guarding a treasure, but its flower is pretty whimsical looking.
>>
>>2460224
Epiphyllum oxypetalum
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.