[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just A Little Curious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2608.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2608.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
I had a slice of chocolate chambord/ mousse cake on my counter, it was about 2x2x2 slice, and one of my 3 black labs are the darn thing.
They've all had a big bowl of dry food before, and this happened about 3 hours ago.
Each pooch is around 90-100 pounds (big labs), I called the poison hotline and they said that there's a pretty low risk of anything happening because it was just a small slice, one of them was able to vomit after I gave them hydrogen peroxide, but the others have had difficulty. I'm not too worried, I've read about the internet and have seen plenty of cases where dogs (smaller than mine by like 20 pounds) have had a decent amount of cake and lived.
Just asking around seeing if anyone has any tips or things to look out for.
(Pic unrelated)
>>
File: 5f7.jpg (10KB, 200x349px) Image search: [Google]
5f7.jpg
10KB, 200x349px
Not a problem. If pup lays down drooling, or starts convulsing get him in. A friend's lab ate half a bar of baking chocolate and had to get emergency stomach pump. Chocolate mousse should hurt them. But look for signs of organ shutdown over the next hour. I doubt you'll see any.
>>
>>2459370
..mousse SHOULDN'T hurt..
>>
>>2459372
Not that anon but with that amount, at the most they might have an upset stomach. They will be fine.
>>
>>2459370
>>2459382
Thanks a lot, it's been about 5 and a bit hours now and they're just having a snooze... typical. I'm sure if there was anything serious I would've seen some symptoms by now, but they've played some fetch and are all tuckered out. Talked to the poison lady again and she just told me the same thing, upset tummy, a bit of diahrreah, but other than that they should be good.
>>
>best friend is a baker
>guy picks up super fancy custom chocolate birthday cake one morning
>like 10 different types and styles of chocolate
>later in the day
>she gets phone call from a panicking vets office
>guys old dog ate the whole cake
>they need to know exactly what the ingredients were and percentages of chocolate to appropriately treat the doggo
>friend runs into office to track it all down
>gets flustered and starts panicking with vet on hold
>starts crying and panicking even more
>gets back to phone finally
>"ok ok ok ok I think I have most of it...um um um...the sprinkles were 15% and made with..."
"Ma'am...ma'am...it's ok. You can calm down. Don't worry about it, the dog actually just passed away...thank you for trying though."

I had to come pick her up from work since she was too upset to drive.
>>
>>2459442
Can vets do anything besides inducing committing and stomach pumping? I always knew what dogs can't eat and avoided it but is there anything they can do if the theobromine is in them?

I think it's weird that we can reverse most drug overdoses and venom(not so much the damage already caused to organs) but chocolate is so common and has been around for ages I would have thought someone came up with a 'cure' already. From what I've read it seems they can't do anything if it's already absorbed.
>>
>>2459450
Vomiting* thanks autocorrect.
>>
File: dogs-playing-poker.jpg (202KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dogs-playing-poker.jpg
202KB, 1024x768px
I'm back. Had a chance to talk to my friend this morning, his lab ate the baking chocolate.
Symptoms were
Restlessness
Vomiting
Dry heaves
Pacing
Drooling
Motionless laying, panting, heaving.
He was staying at his mom's house, after a while she came down and said what the hell is going on?
>Dog is sick
No wonder, THREE POUNDS OF UNSWEETENED BAKING CHOCOLATE we're here when I went to bed.
Phone calls were made to find emergency vet on holiday weekend. Only one was 45 mins away.
>I thought the dog died twice on the way. He stopped breathing, and had no heartbeat.
Vet induced vomiting with hydrogen peroxide, administered activated charcoal, and gave an i.v. for dehydration. They kept the dog overnight.
>I was sure we'd never see him alive
They got a call from vet next morning
>Come and get him. He's all better.
Dog acts like it never happened

TLDR
80 lb lab eats three lbs of baking chocolate, (milk chocolate has logirithmically less poison component) becomes violently ill for at least two hours before veterinarian attention. Dog was treated and recovered.
Fifteen hundred dollars.

For reals. Image related for proofs
>>
>>2459966

>1500USD

The absolute state of American healthcare
>>
>>2460048
>Health care
>Veterinary services
I fail to see the similarities. Can you elucidate?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.