[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it cruel to glue trap flies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 20170818_051736.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_051736.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
is it cruel to glue trap flies?
>>
>>2458966
invertebrates: who cares
vertebrates: cruel
>>
>>2458966
their flies, who cares?

>>2458967
i have an exception for mice and rats. those pests deserve to die no matter how brutal.
>>
>>2458966
Yes.
Edgy resident 15 year olds will tell you otherwise.
>>
>>2459817
No.
>>
Do flies even feel pain
>>
>>2459864
No they're pretty simple biological machines.
>>
>>2459864
Well they do have a central nervous systems and nociceptors so.....
>>
>>2458966
Given how most of them are trying to make a home inside my ear or hair, no fuck'em.
>>
not cruel enough tbf
>>
>>2458966
if you ask you know it is
>>
>>2458966
yes it is cruel
>>
I have a tendency to humanise anything that moves, when I used to see a fish out of water I thought oh no its in pain, but then I found out they can't feel pain, now I think oh no its sitting there knowingly awaiting death it must be scared. Its an absurd way to think but its just what my mind does
>>
>>2459901
And humans aren't?
>>
>>2458966
no they vomit on my food man
>>
>>2460703

Some biological machines, like insects, are too primitive to feel things like pain, stress or fear. I thought that was obvious.
>>
Nociception does not mean they have an interpretation for that sensation.
It's basically a signal that tells them it's to feel this for the constitution of your body.
Would you call the chemotaxis of a bacterium from a chemorepellent similar? It's also danger sensing in a way, knowing that that molecule is bad for it, knowing that it's going to fuck him/is fucking him up and needs to get away from it.

You'll actually need pretty complex brain structures to pain be impactful on a mental level, like traumatizing the organism. I don't think traumatized flies would fare well in this world..
>>
>>2460754
Forgot something, shit.

Their nociceptic signal is basically saying: this is bad, get away from this feeling. And then they brush it off like it never happened. Perhaps they have a way to "remember" what caused that pain and can identify in next situations to stay away from that thing, but I doubt that.
>>
I kill flies a different way every time, burning, salt gun, drowning, mutilation...
>>
>>2458966
I doubt that they can even feel pain
>>
Flies are very beneficial in the ecosystem. They break down waste and and hasten decomposition, as well as pollinate numerous species of flowering plants. Regardless of that, I fucking hate flies. They regurgitate dogshit on my food and buzz the fuck out of me. That's why I bought a bug assault. I spend so much time camping and it's been a lifesaver. I can kill 200 flies in an hour with a table spoon of salt. Not shilling, just saying.
>>
>>2460703
>mammals are the same as retarded invertebrates
>all critters are equal xD
no they aren't you fucking retard
>>
>>2461079
these things actually work?
>>
>>2460703
At some point complexity goes from "dumb self replicating machines" to "okay, this machine is complex enough that I can see a little of myself in it, so hurting it would make me feel bad since humans are very empathic creatures".

So pretty much flies and other insects are fair game. Very simple verts like fish are cool to kill as long as you're doing it for a purpose, like for food. Rodents are intelligent enough to give pause, but too simple to put above our own health and scientific progress. Chickens, cows, pigs, etc. are pretty close to the line. All three are spooky social and can be very friendly, cuddly, etc. when raised as a pet. We eat them anyway though because of culture. Killing them for fun though, would be either ignorant or sociopathic. Anything higher, like dogs, corvids, dolphins, apes, and you're fucked in the head for killing without a damn good reason.
>>
>>2460890
ofc they can
>>
File: 1487881823297.jpg (163KB, 625x604px) Image search: [Google]
1487881823297.jpg
163KB, 625x604px
>>2458966
>is it cruel to glue trap flies?
No
Anyone who disagrees is a tremendous faggot
>>
>>2461360
Dolphins are fucking cunts though
>>
>>2461692
They fuck anything that moves desu
>>
>>2461695
Truly real human beans
>>
>>2461196
Fuck yeah. Most efficient and fun way to kill flies ever. I've had one about a year and I could fill a trash can with all their dead bodies.
>>
>>2461692
fuck you and your family
>>
>>2461692
They're wild animals. Ravens can be real cunts too, even to their favorite person. It's a consequence of having intelligence without a strong sense of community. Dolphins are very empathic animals, but can only handle a small number of relationships well. Within their pod, they act within the social norms set by the majority, but an outsider is subject to whatever treatment the individual feels like giving at the moment. Humans act in much thr same way, except on a much larger scale as our pod is fuzzy and in many ways scales from direct family all the way to an entire country, or even group of countries.
>>
>>2461739
you've convinced me, what's a good one to get?
>>
Is it cruel to fly into my damned eye three times in a row when I'm hung over? Die you fucking flies
>>
>>2460676
I'm the same way.
I would rather be in pain than be terrified.
>>
>>2461838
The bug assault 2.0
More ergonomic than the first and more powerful.
>>
>>2460202
But they don't. Or was that the fucking joke?
>>
>>2458967
>>2458971
these
>>
File: bad boys.png (874KB, 1024x564px) Image search: [Google]
bad boys.png
874KB, 1024x564px
>>2461692
>>2461816
You guys see the documentary where a pod of orcas corral 100-200~ narwhals and execute every one of them in a cove? I watched it on Netflix I think it might be still there.

It was called orca invasion, I think.

These are certainly the most intelligent creatures on the planet bar humans judging by their cruelty. Fuck them desu.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq80f7jR3Qo
>>
>>2458966
Let's ask the real question.
Who tried the fly masturbation technique?
>>
>>2464807
Holy shit, that's where the Nips learned it. Fuck you dorphin day is actually a culturally relevant historical reenactment related to how humans learned an advanced hunting technique from animals.
>>
File: 1502928937825s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1502928937825s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
>>2464832
Wut?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.