[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Third SeaWorld killer whale of 2017 to die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: medsarticle6-768x576.jpg (58KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
medsarticle6-768x576.jpg
58KB, 768x576px
https://timesofsandiego.com/business/2017/08/15/seaworld-euthanizes-killer-whale-kasatka-matriarch-had-lung-disease/

Looks like another case where the animal becomes immunocompromised. I'm guessing their "world class veterinary care" stands for "pump that shit with antibiotics for years on end and pray it'll work". Just like the last three times it failed.

They actually euthanized this particular whale, though. I wonder if they did that out of compassion or because it was obvious to anyone she was rotting away (see pic related) and they didn't want more bad publicity.
>>
>kasatka
wasn't that the one that's murdered like 3 people?
>>
>>2458216
Wasn't that Tillikum?
>>
Confirmed killing them off because of Blackfish.
>>
>>2458216
That was Tilikum.
>>
>>2458263
He was the first to die this year followed by a calf and now Kasatka. Next will be Lolita probably.
>>
File: 1503063881085.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1503063881085.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Good. Crafty fuckers need to go extinct. They're too smart.
>>
>>2459091
Animals which are capable of using bait to catch other animals are the coolest.
>>
>>2458263
Tilikum is responsible for 75% of all human deaths by orcas lol
>>
>>2459091
fuuuck his intelligence arouses me. I'd definitely let him fuck me as a reward. Even if he's so big it'd kill me.
>>
>>2458898
How the fuck did I not hear about his death? What was going on in January that was so important?
>>
I know keeping killer whales is awful and all and it shouldn't be supported but I really want to go out and see one before they're all gone in captivity. Does that make me a bad person?
>>
>>2458198
Fluoride water my dude. Fucking fluoride and captivity. I live in San Diego and I will never support Sea World, Wild animal park, or any zoo.
>>
How would you go about euthinizing a whale? that's a LOT of drugs...
>>
>>2459573

They drain the pool and let the sun do the work.
>>
>>2459585
You are joking (or speculating) right?
>>
>>2459573
A shot of 10 mgs of carafentanly will rekt just about anything I'd imagine. Only takes micrograms to kill a human.
>>
>>2459573
A REALLY big gun
>>
>>2459564
Isn't that one huge zoo of yours really good though?
>>
>>2459457
Trump. All news ever for the next 8 years will be nothing but Trump.
>>
>>2459639
Not in califiornia lmao
>>
>>2459091
What the fuck? How did it learn to bait the birds with a fish? There's no way a human trainer could teach that.
>>
>>2459737
Lots of animals bait their prey. A killer whale could figure it out easily.
>>
>>2458258
>blackfish
?
>>2458216
>>2458234
Wait, how did tillikum kill three people?
>>
>>2459815
>blackfish
It's a documentary about killer whales in captivity.
>>
>>2459822
This. It's 50% lies but it provides some insight.
>>
>>2460013
>blackfish
>is about whales

I can see the first lie already
>>
>>2459815
>In 1991, a marine biologist slipped into the pool containing Tilikum and 2 other Orcas while working at Sealand of the Pacific, British Columbia. The Orcas submerged her and dragged her around the pool. At one point she managed to make it to the edge of the pool but was dragged back away from it. Other trainers tried to throw her a life ring but the Orcas kept her away from it. She eventually drowned. Sealand of the Pacific closed shortly afterwards and Tilikum was moved to SeaWorld, Orlando.
>In 1999, a man stayed in SeaWorld after closing hours, evading security, and entered the pool containing Tilikum naked. In the morning his body was found in the pool, he had been badly cut and raped by Tilikum.
>In 2010, a trainer working with Tilikum at SeaWorld was rubbing his belly as part of a show. He grabbed the trainer by her ponytail and dragged her into the water. She was killed by drowning and blunt force trauma in front of hundreds of spectators.
>>
>>2460124
https://www.scribd.com/doc/119465495/Daniel-Dukes-Medical-Examiners-Report
>>
>>2460068
But they are dolphins
>>
>>2460139
I'm not really sure I'd call getting your balls mostly bitten off rape.
>>
you reap what you sow seaworld
>>
Fuck blackfish seaworld is the only hope for these doomed animals
>>
>>2460124
what surprised me about blackfish wasn't the whales attacking trainers (who could blame them) it was how they covered up their deaths and got away with it.
>>
>>2459091
>there's a giant sea monster just a few feet away
>better get that fish
Holy moly what a retard
>>
>>2458198
>I wonder if they did that out of compassion or because... they didn't want more bad publicity.
It was a business decision, one worth millions.

multimillion dollar decisions by boards of directors are not decided based on compassion. That's sort of the point of a board of directors- to keep bleeding hearts out of the way of making money.
>>
>>2460124
his penis was bit off too wasnt it? didnt know he was raped though
>>
>>2459647
Not him but I assume you're talking about the safari park? It's great.
>>
>>2459459
Killer whales are definitely on their way out of captivity in North America. They're not the only animal you'd see at a marine park, anyways, but they'll probably still keep whale slaves in Russia and shit for a while longer.
>>
>>2460302
>>2460124
>>2460150
>>2460139
>the rectum reveals no evidence of acute traumatic injury
He wasn't raped, don't talk shit.
>>
>>2460124
Shouldn't they have a rifle for emergency cases like that?
>>
File: joke.png (10KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
joke.png
10KB, 500x414px
>>2460302
>>2460391
>>2460150
>>
>>2460404
How would that work? Bullets don't work when they hit a body of water.
>>
>>2459573
A big harpoon
>>
>>2460404
.577-caliber might do it but from what I've read it takes a long time for a whale to die from bullets. It's hard enough to take a whale down with a harpoon to the head.

Besides that, they would never do it even if they could do a one shot kill. They're scrambling to keep their whales and they would rather people get killed.
>>
>>2460406
THAT'S NOT HOW JOKES WORK
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.