[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Searching some advice for snake petting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
So, i want to have a snake, i've been reading, and i see that the most recomended snake for begginers is the corn snake. Someone is related to this snake species ? Give me some advice pls. Also, is there any other snake that it's a little bit tinier than the corn snake ?

Sorry for my bad english.
>>
garter snakes are smaller and just as easy to care for.
might not be easy to find outside of america though.
>>
File: hognose-Heterodon-nasicus-m2.jpg (43KB, 493x576px) Image search: [Google]
hognose-Heterodon-nasicus-m2.jpg
43KB, 493x576px
Hognose is always the answer.
>>
>>2457487
This, you'd be surprised just how big and fat they can get.

Also, if you catch one yourself, you don't have to worry about contributing to the horrible pet trade industry that is pure suffering for most of the decorative pet snakes.
>>
File: 1450049406498.jpg (157KB, 2210x610px) Image search: [Google]
1450049406498.jpg
157KB, 2210x610px
>>2457498
>pure suffering for most of the decorative pet snakes
How so?
>>
>>2457471
Rosy boa. A bit smaller (2-4 feet). Easy care.
>>
>>2457498
Yeah, but they say that wild species are really hard to pet and don't are really docible at all, so, catch a wild one is not an option, also, all the snakes from this zone are venomous, so i don't want to die. I actually want to touch my little snaky xd
>>
File: snek3.jpg (48KB, 1388x925px) Image search: [Google]
snek3.jpg
48KB, 1388x925px
Corn, king, and milk snakes are great for beginners! Super low maintenance; feed once or twice a week, spot clean the tank, keep fresh water. Pic is my good boy
>>
>>2458703
another one of my good boys. Rainbow boa.Intermediate difficulty.
>>
File: snek1.png (179KB, 311x237px) Image search: [Google]
snek1.png
179KB, 311x237px
>>2458705
And my last baby (corn snake,) eating a mouse.
>>
>>2457495
Hognose honestly should overtake cornsnake as the go-to beginner snake. No idea why it doesn't to be honest.
>>
File: image.jpg (750KB, 2448x2625px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
750KB, 2448x2625px
Not OP, I too was thinking of getting a snake however I was just going to jump right to a ball python any tips on taking care of them or where I can find a good place to get them
>>
>>2458717

I've had one for over 10 years.

The main thing is maintaining the proper humidity in the terrarium such that they can shed properly and don't get any upper respiratory infections.

Trust me, you do NOT want to have to deal with that. The fucking vet gave me a syringe w/ needle and told me to go home and inject my angery snake. That wasn't fun.
>>
File: vine snake.jpg (35KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
vine snake.jpg
35KB, 500x594px
>>2458718
holy shit. how many times did it bite you? Right now I have a Brazillian Rainbow Boa lost in my room. Idk how to find him, but I have two mice in a cage in hopes to draw him out.
>>
>>2458718
Ah ok I thought the humidity would be more important than it seemed. I planned to get a mini water fall to help
>>
File: 6.jpg (1MB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
1MB, 1536x2560px
>>2457471
Corns can be great first s time snakes for people. Corny here is coming up to the ripe old age of 21.
>>
>>2457495
This. I have one and I love him.

>>2458719
Not that anon but I've been bitten by corns, pythons and the largest snake ive been bitten by was a 10ft boa. It really doesn't hurt at all but since their teeth are long and needle thin, they bleed a lot. They were defensive bites and I've never had one 'chew' during it but I imagine that actually might hurt.

Despite the pain is next to nothing I still get jumpy when handling angry snakes even with a hook.
>>
>>2458783
I just remembered that one of the ball pythons bit me was a feeding mistake. I did not wash my hands probably after handling their food. She held on for a few seconds, was about to wrap but she seemed to quickly realize I wasn't food since I was able to get her to let go with a gentle pry.

Still didn't hurt but it startled me. I'm glad I've gotten used to being startled so I freeze up instead, otherwise I would have tried to throw her.
>>
>>2458777
When I first opened this picture I thought it was the inside of a snake until I scrolled down slowly.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.