[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turtle identification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Hello everyone, a cousin found a turtle and gave it to me as a surprise, without my prior knowledge, and she brought it many miles away from its original habitat. Fortunately I used to own a lizard so i have a terrarium as well as day and night reptile bulbs. I ran over to the pet store and got some turtle water purifier but the person at the store couldn't help me identify it. Can you guys help me figure out what this baby is? I'd like to build it a habitat that will suit it. It is from Kentucky so it could be a box turtle, I just want to be absolutely sure. If you need more pictures please let me know. It is very feisty and hasn't retracted into its shell very much, and it loves to "run". I'd also like to identify its gender. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>
>>2457413
i'm thinking female baby eastern box turtle. plastron is flat and markings, while dull, match box turtle. does she have a lil hinge in front of the shell?
>>
>>2457436
It kind of looks like she does, but I can't tell because she doesn't really go back in her shell, here is a pic.
>>
>>2457437
looking at that a-fucking-dorable face i'm more confident that she is an eastern box turtle. she really belongs in the woods of KY. any way to get her back? give her some waxworms and grated carrot
>>
>>2457413
>>2457415
>>2457437
Box turtle, 100% certain.

Put it back in the woods. They are terrestrial turtles and have very limited swimming ability.

They are not for novice keepers. Kept in captivity they require lots of upkeep and are susceptible to parasites.
>>
Turtles are terrible pets, I had one for two years and it just wasn't a good time. Cleaning tank twice a week usually, would destroy water heaters like it was his fucking job, and filters always shit out from the amount of shit he put out. Not to mention you can't even bond with a turtle like a lizard or snake.
>>
>>2457876

This is an erfturt, not hydroturt

That said, box turtles are not as easy as a novice would think. The one I had would always get these eye infections and go on hunger strikes. It was a huge hastle to keep it in fair health.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.