[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greentext thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 20170814_053005.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_053005.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Feel good greentext thread, need to regain a little faith in humanity.

>Be me, deliver pizzas for a living.
>Tips are normally pretty good, but once you cross the highway it instantly becomes the ghetto
>Day is going well, get an order to that side of town
>Fuck it, already hit my tip goal for the day, so I head on over there.
>Get there, get out of my car and slowly start shuffling to the door, replying to a text I got.
>Feel my foot bump something
>Look down, a kitten is looking up at me, mewing
>fuckthatscute.omg
>Think it must've snuck out the front door when it was open or something, so I pick up the kitten and head to the door.
>As I knock, I feel something on my foot
>look down, a second kitten is perched on my foot, being adorable as hell.
>Typical ghetto looking dude answers the door
>Ask him "hey, are these your kittens"
>"nah, they just kinda hang out around here"
>"oh, well do you know where their mom is?" was hoping to take them to whatever house she was at
>Dude replies "uhh... She died about a week ago"
>"that's tragic, are you taking care of them at all?"
>"well, uh... I mean... I work a lot, and, uh, I don't know if the other people do"
>good job dodging the question douchebag
>try to stay civil, gonna try to get the kittens away from there
>ask him "well, if you don't want them, do you mind if I find them a home? Are there any others?"
>"uhh, sure, I don't care. And, uh, there were three more, but they died a few days ago
>this mother fucker really let 3 orphaned kittens starve to death, and was going to let these two as well.
>just try to get through the delivery without cussing him out
>take the kittens and drive back to the shop, try to give them some water but they won't drink (I think they drank rainwater, since it rained a lot just the day before, might be why they made it and their siblings didnt)
>have bf come take them home

Pic related, the kittens in their new bed, they seem to be bouncing back quite well.
>>
Are you planning on keeping em or finding another home?
>>
Don't be sad, but they probably won't make it. When they're so young, having their mother around is critical to their survival.
>>
>>2457319
Plan on keeping them, don't have any other cats at the moment and I kinda already fell in love with them. They aren't drinking water though, so they have me a little worried. Tried giving them water and formula through bottles, plastic syringes (like for baby medicine) bowls, anything, and they won't drink it. So I've been slipping some extra water into their canned food, and they eat that like crazy.

>>2457336
They're pretty young, but they're moving around and eating normal food, I think they're going to pull through. They're a lot more playful today than yesterday or the day before (when I got them) so I'm hopeful.
>>
>>2457338
It's hard to tell exactly from your pic, what age do you estimate they are?
>>
>>2457338
Depending on how young they are, they might not need water. During the first month kittens only need to drink their mom's milk (or kitten formula). It's only when they start weaning that they begin to drink water.
>>
>>2457339
Not sure how many weeks, but their eyes are fully opened and they're walking around really well and eating canned food without any issues.
>>2457347
They won't drink the formula, not sure why, but they're really energetic, so I think/hope they're getting enough fluids from the water I'm adding to the canned food.
>>
>>2457351
They're probably 4 or 5 weeks old then. Canned food has plenty of water so they should be fine, maybe try mixing in some kitten formula instead of water, if they're still at weaning age it would be good for them to get those extra nutrients.

They might eventually drink water on their own, but if you continue having problems, try buying a pet fountain. Some cats prefer drinking from running water.
>>
>>2457305
i kicked a really small kitten once
>>
Are they pooping and peeing on their own yet?
>>
>be 13
>live with a flower shop nearby and a defunct greenhouse in backyard
>one day hear smacking sounds coming from inside the greenhouse
>adult mourning dove has a mangled leg and broken wing and is beating itself against a glass pane trying to escape
>can't fly at all
>go inside greenhouse and leave a bird feeder on the ground for it
>catch bird and clean its open wounds
>keep feeding and giving water for 4 days as its wing seems to improve, leg is still fucked
>convince parents to transport it to the local nature center's bird feeder area that is fenced off from most predators
>hop the fence and release birb
>come back to check out some books a few weeks later and see janky leg bird still alive and able to fly again

Feels good
>>
>>2457367
Ill try doing that formula thing. Hopefully it'll be enough. I tried letting them drink from the sink but they didn't seem to interested, going to buy a fountain tomorrow once persmart is open. Do you know if drinking water is instinctual? Or is it something that they learn from their mothers? Seems like a dumb question but these two are really making me second guess myself.

>>2457401
Yes, they are (all over the house but oh well, kinda expected that)

>>2457405
That's awesome. I remember my family nursing a dove back to health when I was about 15, our dog got to it and broke its wing, but thankfully it made a full recovery.

Gonna be my last post for a few hours. At work and there's no open Wi-Fi at the shop, so I've been replying when I find a place that has it (mobile ip is blocked)
>>
>>2457418
it's instinctual! my dumbass neighbors let their cats breed and never took care of the cat colony, long story short had a few kittens born in my backyard in the winter so i brought them in and the mother as soon as they were born. The mother left pretty early on before she weaned them off and they eventually learned how to drink water by themselves.
>>
>>2457418
It's possible they aren't drinking water because they're already hydrated enough from the canned food. Don't worry about it too much, they should eventually start drinking water. In the meantime, keep feeding them wet food with formula or water, and if you start feeding them kibble, maybe mix it with some canned food.
>>
>>2457427
That's what I thought, but again, these two not doing it really started to make me wonder.
>>2457431
Probably won't be feeding them dry food ever. Might let them try it but I figure they'd enjoy wet food more.
>>
>>2457509
Cats in the wild get most of their water from their food, so if you're feeding them an all wet food diet don't worry about them not drinking enough water. Sometimes cats just don't drink much.
>>
>>2457305
Why were you so mad at the guy you delivered to? They weren't his cats, he had no obligation to take care of them.
Don't get me wrong he could've at the very least called the SPCA or whatever, but it still wasn't his responsibility.
>>
>>2457673
If his experience delivering to ghetto areas or druggies is anything like mine it just makes you pissed off dealing with degenerates and shitty people. I've had people throw coins at me because they were too lazy to count it out and pay the correct amount. Or people so fucked up off meth they couldn't talk or stand still.
>>
>>2457673
Because he had 5 orphaned, starving kittens on his front doorstep and wouldn't even bother giving them some food or water. I understand not taking them in, but he could've given them some food, tried to find someone who wants them, call a no kill animal shelter, anything, other than sitting back, day in and day out while one by one they start to die. I genuinely hope that the heartless bastard drops dead in the very near future.
>>2457871
I deal with shit like that all the time, but I was mainly pissed as to how heartless the guy was. I've had guys threaten to attack me because their pizza took a whole 30 minutes to get to them, been called a whore by some of them (femanon) and just in general been treated like shit, but this guy is on the bottom of my shitlist, because of how messed up what he did was.
>>
File: trap.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
trap.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
Gonna post another story from the ghetto.

>Be me, 6 or so months ago
>Still delivering pizzas
>Get a delivery to "that" side of town
>Get out to the house, has two large windows on either side of the door, left side has curtains open and is where the living room is at (important later)
>Walk up to the door and see a cage trap with a cat in it (pic related)
>Adult, black and white, but no collar
>Figure it was set out for racoons or opossums or something, my family has caught a dog in one before, so figure I'll just tell them they got a cat.
>Ghetto bitch answers the door, tell her "uh, you know a cat set off this trap, right?"
>Says something along the lines of "oh yea, I know, I'm gonna call the pound in the morning"
>Pounds around here wait 3 days before killing animals, pretty much a death sentence for a stray.
>Ask her "how come? Was it doing anything wrong? Was it getting into your trash or something?"
>"Nah, they just be roamin around all over da place"
>Just get through the delivery, drive off.
>Park around the block, and sneak back on foot (from the right side of the house)
>Head to the trap and start looking for how to open it up
>Takes about a minute in the almost pitch black (no porchlights in the ghetto)
>Heart pounding the whole time, don't want to get caught because then the cat wouldn't be free
>As soon as I lift the door to the trap, the cat bolts out faster than I've seen any cat run
>Hear a noise that sounded like someone walking up to the door
>Bolt the fuck out of there myself
>Drive back to the store, smiling the whole way.

Not sure if they knew I did it, but they never called my work to talk to my manager, and I haven't seen a delivery to that house come up since.
>>
>>2457396
who hurt you anon
>>
Lol, catfags.
>>
>>2457910
Are strays common in your area as well or is this just in the bad parts?

I once found a cat standing outside the entrance to the apartment building I live in, it followed me when I went in all the way to my apartment and came inside.

She stayed there at my place for a few days, I fed it of course, and eventually sneaked out when I went to work.

Made me miss my cats and dogs, but I'm not really able to keep full time pets atm unfortunately.
>>
>>2457935
I live clear on the other side of the city from where those stories took place. There are a lot of strays around where I'm at, but there's so many houses that put out food and water for them they're always well fed and cared for.

Sidenote, the kittens are becoming really playful and are slowly starting to drink water, pretty sure they're going to make it without any issues.
>>
>>2458073
post more pics of them
>>
>browsing Craigslist for roosters in need of a home
>see qt silkie
>click click
>"he's a sweet boy very quite , we're really sad we have to get rid of him, but we're moving. He does this cute little dance when you pet him"
>He does this cute little dance when you pet him
>cute little dance
>dance
The rooster was masturbating every time they pet it.
>>
>>2458142
They're passed out right now. I'll post some when they're awake.
>>2458148
Okay, I have to ask, never raised a rooster before, what is this dance and how is it them masturbating?
>>
>>2458166
https://youtu.be/dOqyM6d7_1s

https://youtu.be/rISDWz6oiTc

They rub their cloaca against the ground until they cum.
It looks like they're dancing.
>>
File: 20170817_014523.jpg (822KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_014523.jpg
822KB, 3264x1836px
>>2458142
Can't get them to look at the camera very well, they look really similar, the second one has slightly more pronounced black stripes.
>>
File: 20170817_084643.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170817_084643.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>2458142
They finally felt a little more photogenic. Here's a better pic of both of them
>>
I've read this entire thread and I can't believe it hasn't been said yet.

TAKE THEM TO THE VET.
>>
>>2457305
>bf
Gay or girl, place your bets!
>>
>>2458340
Pretty much completely broke right now. They're doing a lot better now though, they're playing, drinking, eating a lot, etc.
>>2458341
Femanon
>>
>>2458179
>>2458332
Have you named them?
>>
>>2458356
Cloak and Dagger (edgy I know) because they both snuck up on me in the night, and it's probably the only time I'll get to name animals in pairs, so yeah.
>>
>>2457910
>"That" side of town
Racist mothafuka. Shaniqua was planning on feeding that cat to her kids, but told you the pound story out of politeness to your fine anglo sensibilities. Your actions caused a couple of oppressed black kids to go hungry for a day.
>>
>>2458382
OP is a typical white woman, what do you expect, critical thinking skills?
>>
>>2458351
Save up the money and take them when they hit ~6 weeks. I can't stress this enough, the vaccinations are essential, as is checking for any number of potential problems, since they lived outdoors.

Of course, keep them inside of you want them to live longer.
>>
>>2459038
Yeah, I plan on taking them to get their shots as soon as I'm able to, should be able to within a week. They don't seem to have worms, so that's one less thing to worry about at least.
>>
>>2457305
Just be sure that their poos aren't watery, that signals them being dehydrated and then you need to get to work fast about that. Be sure to take them to the vet ASAP
>>
>>2459043
Their poop looks normal so far, I'll keep an eye out though. They are starting to try to drink water but they keep sticking their nose into the bowl and make themselves flinch and just eventually stop trying. But they seem to be getting enough water from what we add to the food. They are exploring, playing, acting like normal happy kittens.
>>
>>2459044
>They are starting to try to drink water but they keep sticking their nose into the bowl and make themselves flinch and just eventually stop trying.

Perfectly normal. Just leave a small bowl out for them and they'll eventually get the hang of it. Best practice (from my experience) is to not fill the bowl with too much water, get a towel and put it under the bowl - this will make it much easier to clean up the water when they eventually step into it or lean over too far and it spills everywhere. And the towel seems to help them find the bowl better.
>>
>>2459059
Yeah, we only have it filled with about .5-1 cm of water from the bottom. Ill try the towel thing though. Hopefully they get the hang if it soon, even though they seem fine I can't help but worry until I see them drinking normally.
>>
>>2459062
If it's a real concern, then I'd recommend getting some kitten milk and putting that out - then getting a bottle if necessary depending on how old they are. I'd still leave the water out though just so they can get the hang of it.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.